Laurence Fox claimed Sikh soldier in Sam Mendes war epic 1917 is ‘forcing diversity’

genie

5 minutes ago, puzzled said:

really!!  how comes so many of them got killed off then     maybe they weren't that socially dominant then?   iv heard some horrifying things of what sikhs did with them in the area my family are from.     i know that some areas of jalandhar had big muslim population  areas like nurmahal, nakodar, philaur etc  were mainly muslims        how can i find what the statistics were for nawanashahr? 

The muslims of doaba were not big land owners like in West Punjab. They tended to come from the lower stratas of society. 

From what I remember in Jalandhar they lived what are called bustees. 

If you want to ever meet muslims from Jalandhar or Doaba in general, a lot of them moved to what is now Faisalabad in Pakistan. 

Jagsaw is a Doabite and would have far more extensive knowledge on this. 

7 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The muslims of doaba were not big land owners like in West Punjab. They tended to come from the lower stratas of society. 

From what I remember in Jalandhar they lived what are called bustees. 

If you want to ever meet muslims from Jalandhar or Doaba in general, a lot of them moved to what is now Faisalabad in Pakistan. 

Jagsaw is a Doabite and would have far more extensive knowledge on this. 

that makes sense   despite being majority they weren't that dominant.  despite being minority Sikhs do own a lot of the land in rural doaba, while khatris/aroras own most the shops. 

19 minutes ago, puzzled said:

really!!  how comes so many of them got killed off then     maybe they weren't that socially dominant then?   iv heard some horrifying things of what sikhs did with them in the area my family are from.     i know that some areas of jalandhar had big muslim population  areas like nurmahal, nakodar, philaur etc  were mainly muslims        how can i find what the statistics were for nawanashahr? 

The reasons why a lot of things happened to muslims in doaba is because there were refugees pouring in from West Punjab telling all the things that was happening like rape, murder etc so a lot it was retaliation. 

The crazy things that was happening was Sikhs were protecting muslims in their own villages whilst killing muslims in other villages.

2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

that makes sense   despite being majority they weren't that dominant.  despite being minority Sikhs do own a lot of the land in rural doaba, while khatris/aroras own most the shops. 

However, Sikhs were minority in West Punjab but owned huge swathes of land with Hindus owning lots of businesses. 

I think the difference was the Muslims in West Punjab were big land owners and they were quite feudal in nature. 

3 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

However, Sikhs were minority in West Punjab but owned huge swathes of land with Hindus owning lots of businesses. 

I think the difference was the Muslims in West Punjab were big land owners and they were quite feudal in nature. 

i think most the muslims in west punjab were jatts, rajputs etc  while the ones in east punjab were not.     i think Sikhs and hindus faced the worst in the mirpur areas 

2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

i think most the muslims in west punjab were jatts, rajputs etc  while the ones in east punjab were not.     i think Sikhs and hindus faced the worst in the mirpur areas 

It all kicked off in Rawalpindi. 

Sikhs in those areas were predominantly Urban Sikhs rather than rural ones.