Greatest Sikhs of the 20th century

puzzled

On 2/18/2021 at 12:24 AM, jkvlondon said:

the question was kind of open to interpretation , most of the sikh world associates saints with sikhi parchaar and sewa  not so much material world progress. I suppose Baba iqbal Singh ji's akal academy schools and university and treatment centre could be another progressive , Sant Sucha Singh ji of Jawaddi Taksal is reinvigorating gurmat raaj kirtan and tanti saaz players

spot on!

Guru sahib teaching takes us towards humanity!

whereas mostly science inventions are based on materialistic things and promote businesses, money and capitalism.  

6 minutes ago, indersingh1313 said:

spot on!

Guru sahib teaching takes us towards humanity!

whereas mostly science inventions are based on materialistic things and promote businesses, money and capitalism.  

We don't need Khalistan, then. Building up a country's infrastructure using trade, secular sciences, and miri principles is manmati materialism. Let's retreat to a cave, and pray a homeland into existence, or continue to exist under India's benevolent rule. 

14 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

We don't need Khalistan, then. Building up a country's infrastructure using trade, secular sciences, and miri principles is manmati materialism. Let's retreat to a cave, and pray a homeland into existence, or continue to exist under India's benevolent rule. 

Guru ji has sent his children out across the face of this planet and being his children we have spread his good image and effects on local communities , if we can get our good people to join the panth and encourage the bad to rethink and recommit or go , net result will always be positive . Look at the current farmer's protest although it is affecting all faiths it is only Guru ji's chardikala spirit and teachings that have gotten it off the ground and into the world's eyes . We will have Khalsa Raaj but IF AND ONLY IF we become Khalsa proper and keep Guru ji's standards not our own (we are lax) it's been said many times over since 1984

32 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

they are two parallel things (humanity and business). let people decide what they are happy with. cave or glass buildings.

12 minutes ago, indersingh1313 said:

they are two parallel things (humanity and business). let people decide what they are happy with. cave or glass buildings.

So you've gone from declaring it as a non-negotiable absolute to it being a choice. If it's a choice, I think you'll find the majority will go for the glass building. I don't agree with it, but reality is what it is.

46 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

Guru ji has sent his children out across the face of this planet and being his children we have spread his good image and effects on local communities , if we can get our good people to join the panth and encourage the bad to rethink and recommit or go , net result will always be positive . Look at the current farmer's protest although it is affecting all faiths it is only Guru ji's chardikala spirit and teachings that have gotten it off the ground and into the world's eyes . We will have Khalsa Raaj but IF AND ONLY IF we become Khalsa proper and keep Guru ji's standards not our own (we are lax) it's been said many times over since 1984

This deserves a closer look in its viability as a workable policy instead of a vague feel-good statement designed to absolve certain groups of responsibility for their ineptitude.

I've been hearing it bandied around as an excuse for our failures since I was a kid. I'll respond to this theory and why I think it's flawed when I have the time.

13 hours ago, Kaurr said:

Does this happen more in the malwa/doaba area compared to Majha?

Cause my cousins that recently got married didn't do any dowry and the grooms' side were fine with it. 

It happens in all regions, though I have heard more torturous methods being used in Amritsar region.

My mamas daughter got married over a decade ago but her husband was a freshy from Canada and they demanded alot of dowry, they used party in our house every night and smash the doors and windows as well. All our family were against this marriage but mama was hell bent on sending his daughter to Canada. They even demanded paghs and kurta pyjamas in the dowry lol!  His daughter lives like a second class citizen in her in-laws house in Canada ever since.

Some people move abroad but they don't drop the animalistic behaviour they developed in India. 

3 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

This deserves a closer look in its viability as a workable policy instead of a vague feel-good statement designed to absolve certain groups of responsibility for their ineptitude.

I've been hearing it bandied around as an excuse for our failures since I was a kid. I'll respond to this theory and why I think it's flawed when I have the time.

Guru Gobind Singh ji said that as long as his Sikhs remain unique and don't follow the ways of other people he will continue supporting us. I'd say 95 % Sikhs follow the ways of others. 

As for Khalistan, how many Sikhs actually want a separate country? Most uncles I come across who drink alcohol, relatives and outsiders, are against the idea of a Sikh country. 

I think a lot of Sikhs are worried that a Sikh country will be governed by Sikh laws, I mean will alcohol be sold in Khalistan? If no, then I think a lot of Sikhs will have a problem with Khalistan and its laws. 

From my experience its 50/50, some Sikhs want it, while some don't. 

3 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

well what does it take to be a khalsa ? rehit, study of all granths and faiths but full faith in our own, learn as many languages and cultures as possible , be educated and aware of the world, ecologically conscious and protective of the voiceless environment, learn herbal and ayurvedic medicine , shastar vidhiya, learn to play an instrument to accompany kirtan (learn raag) , learn rajniti of others and be strategic thinkers  and that is a basic skill set . If we had huge groups of such people , how could we not suceed?

if people are worried about a country on principles of halemi raj rather than capitalistic/communistic  mess that has tortured the planet maybe they don't realise just how they would be swapping uncertainty for the kknowledge that your community would be working to make sure of  deg teg fateh , their children would have education as a right and of a quality that would include character trait development that will create positive and industrious people for the future.

Alcohol and drugs habituation has been the down fall of our panth time and again , we should stick to our Guru's model this time . People will be grateful for freedom from violence , arguments, accidents and infidelities/ rapes caused by alcohol/drug consumption , the world is going to need leaders with different thinking to the neoliberals/communists  why not try it before knocking it ? Just as we don't let outsiders tell us how we have to change Guru Maryada for humans' weaknesses  why would we knock down Guru ji's way ?