What is the history of the land that harmandir sahib was built on?

Guest Expand2000

Guest Expand2000

Title says it all, what is the history of the land that Harminder sahib was built on? I’ve heard about a battle taking place Can’t seem to find anything online.

not sure about any battle, but the sarovar around harmandir sahib was a lake in a dense forest area i believe. 

iv heard that Guru Nanak Dev ji visited this place and that buddha did too

I think Guru Amar Das ji chose the location while Guru Ram Das ji made the lake into a sarovar and started a city which later became Amritsar

During the time of Guru Ram Das ji  bibi Rajni visted the sarovar with her sick husband and saw crows flying into it and coming out as doves, Her husband also went into the sarovar and came out free from his disease. The part of the sarovar that this happened in is where dukh bhanjani beri is.    I think Bibi Rajni visited when it was still a forest and not a city yet ...

other than that   i dont know more ... 

we can never know for sure . But I am betting it was always some holy, blessed place.

All we know is it was a beautiful small lake surrounded by a beautiful forest . The lake was further extended to the size it is today around harmandar sahib .

Guest Expand2000

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ED0syBKqafMC&pg=PA67&lpg=PA67&dq=Sultanwind+Tung&source=bl&ots=TJyVfmWi7-&sig=ACfU3U1afwp3ucmy2Al3LC18xmKpABGslw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwji-Y259p_nAhUDhlwKHR3ABVoQ6AEwAnoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=Sultanwind%20Tung&f=true

i have found this link , read bottom of page 66

I think that might be the war that took between ram and his sons! I think ram did not know that they were his sons and his sons did not know that ram was their father because sita was sent back to the forest and that's where she gave birth.  Ramayan was written in amritsar by valmiki theres a mandir there called ram tirath.  I think luv, kush and sita narrated their story to valmiki in the forest. from what I remember hanuman also visited this place and there is a ancient mandir there where hanuman visited. All this basically happened in the area that today is amritsar. 

Ajeet will probably know more ...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...