Sign in to follow this  
Big_Tera

Kobe Bryant

Anyone find the media coverage hugely biased towards certain black people? 

I have always wondered why the mainstream white media of the USA and Britain. Gives great exposure to black sports athletes, black musicians ect, but lacks the same for brown athletes and any other races. It's almost likes black people are held on some kind of pedestal.

Many white and media types love to heap praise on black people in the media. Is it down to some kind of love affair with their African brothers? I personally feel it is more to do with their religion. Many blacks particulalry in the USA are loved by whites for one reason only. Their faith. If Kobe Bryant was not a staunch Catholic who did not attend church. Would he get the same kind of praise from the white dominated Christian media? Would he be backed even though there was some controversy over his past with the law. 

Blacks are generally accepted more then other races. Here in the UK and USA due to their faith. If they were not Christian and did not have English names. I wonder if the media would be so kind and full of praise for black media types of they were not of that faith.

I recall the boxer Anthony Joshua comming other much criticism and condemnation when he visited a mosque. The white British loved him. Untill they found out he may be into Islam. Then suddenly he was not as popular with media and general public as before and started getting criticised more. 

The media didn't like to admit it but they favour their own faith people over others.

Fact is British Asians and other ethnic groups will never be accepted more then blacks due to their faith being non Christian. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Their fear of black people -- subconscious or otherwise -- also plays a part in what you're describing. Salman Rushdie wrote an article about this aspect of race in the West (he describes how white racists assume South Asians are easier targets than blacks because of the assumption Indians and other South Asians are weaker), a few years ago before the intense scrutiny of identity politics was a feature in social commentary. He got blasted for it back then. I can only imagine what the reaction would be if he wrote something similar in the current era. 

• Like 1

Its cringe worthy. Its like he was some kinda mahan sant baba kobe or something. Ye he was only a talented basketball player and probably a nice person who lost his life in tragic circusmtances thats all he was not person who should be showered with praises like a sant and worshipped like the fudhu's have been doing for the past few days. Same thing happened when nipsy hustle died these low IQ chavy white girls started talking about him in social media like he their daddy and our own punjabi fudhu's came did the same. Its really embarrassing for their community when people do that whole culturally appropriating over a dead person of another community who they usually didnt know nothing about but just want to jump on the bandwagon to fit in within the mainstream media narrative.

i find it bemusing when our own punjabi Sikh people talk about this kobe guy like he was their mama or something. The amount of social media posts that our own low IQ fudhu liberal lot about kobe and his passing away in tragic circumstances is very bizarre especially the punjabi girls who seem to have an identity crisis by leeching off on black identity/culture in their mindset, thinking and lifestyle than be proud and be strong in their own heritage. It's the usual low IQ lot who will for example shout for free free Palestine in demo's and sucking off non-sikh men boosting their ego while putting down their own community causes or not take part in them.

There must be a way to correct this baqwas? The right wing whites do it by creating funny meme's of the fudhu's of their own white community. Maybe we should do the same too?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Fact is British Asians and other ethnic groups will never be accepted more then blacks due to their faith being non Christian. 

Yup I see it too its like black people are the only people of colour in western societies so to pretend they (the whites in charge of media orgs) are furfilling their quota of diversity and BAME they will only put black men in the media usually with white women. You will never find a brown/indian/asian person with white women in any adverts or shows. Our asian/brown communities are too low IQ or afraid to call out the discrimination and racism in the media. Black Afro-carribeans also have advantage of being mostly christian so when they go church they build bridges with the white church goers and thus opening doors for new opportunities and relationships.

Whose fault is that? its partly the whites in the media fault and partly the faults of non-blacks not fighting for better representation they rather stay in the background. The black person will fight and play the race card at every opportunity even if its not about race....because thats the best card they have to open doors for them in a white dominated industries.

but tbh there are not that many brown people in the media. the only one i see on daily mail is priyanka chopra. she's basically the image that media wants to force in everyone's faces, sexy brown woman married to a white boy. 

or theres jameela jamil   a ex muslims atheist, another attractive liberal brown woman who ticks all their boxes. 

pritty patel another one,their poster girl  married to a white man 

• Like 1

So how does the asian/brown man change the narrative? any solutions to this overt discrimination.

One solution is to play the race card as the black man does, it works for them it will work for the brown man. The other solution is try to get in the media which is a very uphill task and virtually impossible those who hate brown/asian men  are the gatekeepers of the industry. So they must be forced to change because they are not willing to invest in putting people they don't want a positive image of.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 3:04 PM, genie said:

Yup I see it too its like black people are the only people of colour in western societies so to pretend they (the whites in charge of media orgs) are furfilling their quota of diversity and BAME they will only put black men in the media usually with white women. You will never find a brown/indian/asian person with white women in any adverts or shows. Our asian/brown communities are too low IQ or afraid to call out the discrimination and racism in the media. Black Afro-carribeans also have advantage of being mostly christian so when they go church they build bridges with the white church goers and thus opening doors for new opportunities and relationships.

Whose fault is that? its partly the whites in the media fault and partly the faults of non-blacks not fighting for better representation they rather stay in the background. The black person will fight and play the race card at every opportunity even if its not about race....because thats the best card they have to open doors for them in a white dominated industries.

I have also noticed a lack of brown faces on adverts or general TV. They only seem to be news presenter types. The ones the love to brown nose the white man at any opportunity. 

Brownies on TV shows only seem to come on cookery shows. Which is good in a way as it shows our cultural food and heritage. 

Blacks never come on cookery shows. But are everywhere else. They are seen as one of them from a white perspective. 

Yep Kobe is not some saint like he is made out to be. Yet certain whites love be the boot slaves of these people. Not all though I know many whites that would not behave like this. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

If you think black people are permitted to be athletes because "whites love be the boot slaves of these people" you're beyond help. 

Not sure what you mean by that. But Being in denial is never the answer. How else would can you define the mass worship of kobe amongst the white masses? Not only white but others are now following them. 

Theres a brown guy on love island lol   nas majeed      none of the women chose to couple up with him though!  But he got his first kiss on the show recently. 

On 1/29/2020 at 12:17 PM, Big_Tera said:

I have always wondered why the mainstream white media of the USA and Britain. Gives great exposure to black sports athletes, black musicians ect, but lacks the same for brown athletes and any other races. It's almost likes black people are held on some kind of pedestal.

Many white and media types love to heap praise on black people in the media. Is it down to some kind of love affair with their African brothers? I personally feel it is more to do with their religion. Many blacks particulalry in the USA are loved by whites for one reason only. Their faith. If Kobe Bryant was not a staunch Catholic who did not attend church. Would he get the same kind of praise from the white dominated Christian media? Would he be backed even though there was some controversy over his past with the law. 

Blacks are generally accepted more then other races. Here in the UK and USA due to their faith. If they were not Christian and did not have English names. I wonder if the media would be so kind and full of praise for black media types of they were not of that faith.

I recall the boxer Anthony Joshua comming other much criticism and condemnation when he visited a mosque. The white British loved him. Untill they found out he may be into Islam. Then suddenly he was not as popular with media and general public as before and started getting criticised more. 

The media didn't like to admit it but they favour their own faith people over others.

Sorry, but this post makes no sense. I am guessing you are from the UK, so you don't fully grasp how popular basketball is in America and in many parts of the world. One could credibly argue that Kobe was the best basketball player ever (and an unbiased observer will have to concede that he is in the conversation).

Can you name any athlete of Asian descent who is one of the top ten athletes ever in one of the most popular worldwide sports?

1 hour ago, californiasardar1 said:

Sorry, but this post makes no sense. I am guessing you are from the UK, so you don't fully grasp how popular basketball is in America and in many parts of the world. One could credibly argue that Kobe was the best basketball player ever (and an unbiased observer will have to concede that he is in the conversation).

Can you name any athlete of Asian descent who is one of the top ten athletes ever in one of the most popular worldwide sports?

Mr California sardar ji.  Or should I call you kobe da pyarar chela? 

There's plenty in cricket

Sachin tendulkar, virat kohli 

Milka Singh in athletics. 

Theres also the fact of many brown athletes who do not enter sports due to racism. Or why is there a lack of Asians in football in UK. Many are discouraged due to racism and stereo typing. 

Also kobe has rape charges against him that he settled with his millions. Yet chela like you only admire and worship him. 

Blacks are accepted by and large due to wearing the cross around their necks, having English names and having a similar white culture to the white man. Are the blackstars people you admire? Ie snoop dog, kanaye west? 

On 1/29/2020 at 3:32 PM, puzzled said:

but tbh there are not that many brown people in the media. the only one i see on daily mail is priyanka chopra. she's basically the image that media wants to force in everyone's faces, sexy brown woman married to a white boy. 

or theres jameela jamil   a ex muslims atheist, another attractive liberal brown woman who ticks all their boxes. 

pritty patel another one,their poster girl  married to a white man 

priyanka chopra is exotic brown girl married to white jewish lad .

Jameela is now apparaently batting for the otherside  so we have exotic brown girl lesbian

Prity Patel and Niki Haley are Political brown girl who are trators to their origins to get ahead.

basically trying to influence the future mothers of strong brown people to become neoliberal race traitors