Kobe Bryant

Big_Tera

6 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

was he a gursikh , did he ever go to the gurdwara , was he an advocate for sikh issues ...strange behaviour this ... they can't remember apney shaheeds, heros , history but they will make an effort to remember a rape suspect  hmmm ?

yh it is odd, i guess the younger lot came up with this "idea"      the jerseys are funny though HAHAHA!!   even the big aunty picked a salwar suit with the lakers yellow and purple  lol

i heard how sikhs did ardaas in the gurdware of delhi and mumbai when amitabh batchchan got hurt while shooting some movie in the 80s 

34 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

This is just weird???

Are those people doing this in some desperate attempt to fit in given the hostility perceived 'bin ladens' receive over there? 

Yup, but more pertinent to this particular situation, it's indicative of the now defunct, if it ever was real, American dream that certain migrant groups (those from perceivably "weaker" races in order to fortify them against potential hostility) are still encouraged to shill for in the States. When some do it, like Sikhs, it just seems so cloyingly subservient to anyone external to that culture, even more so when we consider our proud heritage and historically uncompromising nature. This just seems inappropriate and strange; very American with a cack-handed desi twist.

3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I'm not excusing those phatty bom-boms myself but it might be that they just devour what the aforementioned type of bibi (her indoors) puts in front of them, without making any request for some adaptation to the usual diet to compensate for changes in metabolism and energy expenditure that happens when you get older?  

in my experience older guys and ladies do chaske of the food variety excusing themselves along the way , 'marna ta hagga, kion na kah pi ke maariye?' 'main thorde dujja viah karna' and little sayings in a similar vein . Womens hormones do get a bit unruly throid, estrogen, cortisol, insulin through childbirth , perimenopause and menopause this doesn't help when trying to shift it . This bibi is wearing overly tight undies so lumps and bumps are issuing everywhere she's not that big just mistaken that she is wearing the correct size bra. 

3 hours ago, puzzled said:

yh it is odd, i guess the younger lot came up with this "idea"      the jerseys are funny though HAHAHA!!   even the big aunty picked a salwar suit with the lakers yellow and purple  lol

i heard how sikhs did ardaas in the gurdware of delhi and mumbai when amitabh batchchan got hurt while shooting some movie in the 80s 

deluded folks ... you should reserve ardas for chardikala of panth or naam daan not this foolishness of asking for material things let alone asking from your kamai to save a dusht (amitabh) because you are too desperate to look like a good compliant sheep. It's tragic how committees wont let pictures or Ts of sant ji on the premises but a murderer or rapist that's fine ...

it's OK to just do a general ardas for sabar santokh for the families, but you do not need  to play dress up, because then that ardas is not a real thing just a haumai fufilling action for cameras

I guess it might be a natural extension of the "pizza and chips" langar philosophy; making things relevant and palatable for the younger generations. But then you have to ask yourself where the line needs to be drawn, and when is the modern generation going to bend itself toward the path rather than always expecting the path to veer toward them? 

Or maybe NA Sikhs genuinely loved Bryant? ?

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

I guess it might be a natural extension of the "pizza and chips" langar philosophy; making things relevant and palatable for the younger generations. But then you have to ask yourself where the line needs to be drawn, and when is the modern generation going to bend itself toward the path rather than always expecting the path to veer toward them? 

Or maybe NA Sikhs genuinely loved Bryant? ?

like all those schoolgirls I used to watch swooning over popstars during the eighties making plans to marry these oblivious guys .... sheesh I thought they were totally delusional  sad days we are enabling these manmukh people ...

On 2/11/2020 at 7:36 PM, puzzled said:

IMG-20200211-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20200211-WA0006.jpg

I can't believe what I'm seeing. Fully grown men with big dharis and turbans wearing bryant shirts on and praying in a gurdwara. 

You could not make this stuff up. 

The state of some American Sikhs. It just goes to show that the depth of stupidity is a bottomless pitt.