Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
1Anonymous1

Do all paths that jap naam lead you back to akaal Purakh?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

Just because i said i dont know which raam they are chanting dont mean iv just spoke for a billion hindus,   like i said go out there and ask hindus which raam they chanting.      

You conveniently forgot to quote how I said the below about Hindus

"Gurbani speaks on hindus and if the hindus are remembering according to their customs.  Then it is not naam simran."

honesty is higher than winning an argument.   Also stop with the smoke screen of ganika true story.  Ganika story has nothing to do with you starting off by saying, 

hindus do simran though, they do simran of ram naam.

Ganika was not a hindu, so why even present this story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raam naam is given by Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.   Hence I told you to read Anand Sahib.   It's the reality Gurbani teaches.  I don't make the rules.  Gurbani is the key to simran of Vaheguru.   No other religion or holy text or person has this key.  Before you quote Bhagat kabir ji or some other line from Gurbani out of context.  Think twice because it will not take long before that also gets shot down.  Remember this, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji placed his head on the ground before Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.   The Guru got down on his knees and bowed before the King.  He did not place no other holy text or man or statue on a higher platform and bow.  And before you go into this rant about how Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is the Guru of the Sikhs only, then you have shown how you have not understood who Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is in reality.  You will be saying gravity only applies to one group of people and not these other ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

You conveniently forgot to quote how I said the below about Hindus

"Gurbani speaks on hindus and if the hindus are remembering according to their customs.  Then it is not naam simran."

honesty is higher than winning an argument.   Also stop with the smoke screen of ganika true story.  Ganika story has nothing to do with you starting off by saying, 

 

Ganika was not a hindu, so why even present this story. 

Your just talking gibberish now 

End of the day Ganika was a hindu prostitute, and a hindu sadhoo told her to do jaap of Raam Naam and gubani and bhai gurdas jis vaarns tell us that she received mukti.   So a hindu too can recive mukti by chanting raam naam. Which defeats your whole argument.  Ganika chanted raam naam with a parrot.     

Other examples of hindus that bhai gurdas ji gives in his vaarns.

Bhagat dhru was given naam by nard muni. Bhagat dru then rejected his fathers kingdom 

Even draupati is mentioned by bhai gurdas jis vaarns and how the lord saves her honor.

Ajmaal a sinner named his son narayan. On his death bes he would repeat sons name narayan again and again calling him over, just by doing this, bhai gurdas jis tells us that his sins were washed and he was saved.

And what about raja Janak? 

Ganika chanted raam naam with a parrot, ajamaal chanted his sons name narayaan again and again  and both were saved.

If hindus too chant gods name like these people they too will be saved. Out of a billion there are many that do. 

You've got nothing to write back so your just going in circles now . Just be honest with with yourself. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, puzzled said:

Your just talking gibberish now 

End of the day Ganika was a hindu prostitute, and a hindu sadhoo told her to do jaap of Raam Naam and gubani and bhai gurdas jis vaarns tell us that she received mukti.   So a hindu too can recive mukti by chanting raam naam. Which defeats your whole argument.  Ganika chanted raam naam with a parrot.     

Other examples of hindus that bhai gurdas ji gives in his vaarns.

Bhagat dhru was given naam by nard muni. Bhagat dru then rejected his fathers kingdom 

Even draupati is mentioned by bhai gurdas jis vaarns and how the lord saves her honor.

Ajmaal a sinner named his son narayan. On his death bes he would repeat sons name narayan again and again calling him over, just by doing this, bhai gurdas jis tells us that his sins were washed and he was saved.

And what about raja Janak? 

Ganika chanted raam naam with a parrot, ajamaal chanted his sons name narayaan again and again  and both were saved.

If hindus too chant gods name like these people they too will be saved. Out of a billion there are many that do. 

You've got nothing to write back so your just going in circles now . Just be honest with with yourself. 

 

I have searched Gurbani and no where can I find Ganika was a hindu.  What I find is how Ganika received mukhti.  Guru Sahib says she did simran on Vaheguru through teaching a parrot the name of the Lord.  And now you are fumbling other saved souls names into your blind assessment.  When I read Gurbani, all I see is these souls also remembered Vaheguru and they were saved.  Whether that be ajmaal, bhagat dhru, draupati, etc.  No where in Gurbani any of these souls claiming to be hindu or Gurbani saying they were hindu.  These souls did simran and they were saved.  You keep making outlandish claims but refuse to answer key answers.  If you believe being born in a hindu family makes a person hindu than Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji would be a hindu by your frivolous and irrational belief.

Okay let's make this simple because the Guru has written Gurbani for every soul to read, understand,  and apply.  What is the back bone of Hindus?  It's the vedas and those who wrote them.  And the devta and devi they worship.  What does Gurbani say about them?  If Gurbani accepts them to be Satguru than yes they can give Naam/naam simran.  If they are anything less than they can't give naam simran and through the hindu system mukhti can't be achieved. 

Read the below Gurbani.  This is bhagat kabir ji speaking.  Bhagat ji yearned for the darshan of Vaheguru and sent Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji his first form to pull bhagat kabir ji out the spiritual torture he was.  Now listen to bhagat ji words after meeting Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji 

ਰਾਗੁ ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਭਗਤ ਕਬੀਰ ਜੀ ਕੀ
Raag Dhanaasaree, The Word Of Devotee Kabeer Jee:

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਸਨਕ ਸਨੰਦ ਮਹੇਸ ਸਮਾਨਾਂ ॥ ਸੇਖਨਾਗਿ ਤੇਰੋ ਮਰਮੁ ਨ ਜਾਨਾਂ ॥੧॥
ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ! (ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਦੇ ਪੁੱਤਰਾਂ) ਸਨਕ, ਸਨੰਦ ਅਤੇ ਸ਼ਿਵ ਜੀ ਵਰਗਿਆਂ ਨੇ ਤੇਰਾ ਭੇਦ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਾਇਆ; (ਵਿਸ਼ਨੂ ਦੇ ਭਗਤ) ਸ਼ੇਸ਼ਨਾਗ ਨੇ ਤੇਰੇ (ਦਿਲ ਦਾ) ਰਾਜ਼ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਮਝਿਆ ।੧।
Beings like Sanak, Sanand, Shiva and Shaysh-naaga - none of them know Your mystery, Lord. ||1||

ਸੰਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਰਿਦੈ ਬਸਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਮੈਂ ਸੰਤਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਵਿਚ ਰਹਿ ਕੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਵਸਾਉਂਦਾ ਹਾਂ ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।
In the Society of the Saints, the Lord dwells within the heart. ||1||Pause||

ਹਨੂਮਾਨ ਸਰਿ ਗਰੁੜ ਸਮਾਨਾਂ ॥ ਸੁਰਪਤਿ ਨਰਪਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਗੁਨ ਜਾਨਾਂ ॥੨॥
(ਸ੍ਰੀ ਰਾਮ ਚੰਦਰ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਸੇਵਕ) ਹਨੂਮਾਨ ਵਰਗੇ ਨੇ, (ਵਿਸ਼ਨੂ ਦੇ ਸੇਵਕ ਤੇ ਪੰਛੀਆਂ ਦੇ ਰਾਜੇ) ਗਰੁੜ ਵਰਗਿਆਂ ਨੇ, ਦੇਵਤਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਰਾਜੇ ਇੰਦਰ ਨੇ, ਵੱਡੇ ਵੱਡੇ ਰਾਜਿਆਂ ਨੇ ਭੀ ਤੇਰੇ ਗੁਣਾਂ ਦਾ ਅੰਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਾਇਆ ।੨।
Beings like Hanumaan, Garura, Indra the King of the gods and the rulers of humans - none of them know Your Glories, Lord. ||2||

ਚਾਰਿ ਬੇਦ ਅਰੁ ਸਿੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਪੁਰਾਨਾਂ ॥ ਕਮਲਾਪਤਿ ਕਵਲਾ ਨਹੀ ਜਾਨਾਂ ॥੩॥
ਚਾਰ ਵੇਦ, (ਅਠਾਰਾਂ) ਸਿਮ੍ਰਿਤੀਆਂ, (ਅਠਾਰਾਂ) ਪੁਰਾਣ—(ਇਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਕਰਤਾ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ, ਮਨੂ ਤੇ ਹੋਰ ਰਿਸ਼ੀਆਂ) ਨੇ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਮਝਿਆ; ਵਿਸ਼ਨੂ ਤੇ ਲੱਛਮੀ ਨੇ ਭੀ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਾਇਆ ।੩।
The four Vedas, the Simritees and the Puraanas, Vishnu the Lord of Lakshmi and Lakshmi herself - none of them know the Lord. ||3||

ਕਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਸੋ ਭਰਮੈ ਨਾਹੀ ॥ ਪਗ ਲਗਿ ਰਾਮ ਰਹੈ ਸਰਨਾਂਹੀ ॥੪॥੧॥
ਕਬੀਰ ਆਖਦਾ ਹੈ—(ਬਾਕੀ ਸਾਰੀ ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਦੇ ਲੋਕ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੂੰ ਛੱਡ ਕੇ ਹੋਰ ਹੋਰ ਪਾਸੇ ਭਟਕਦੇ ਰਹੇ) ਇੱਕ ਉਹ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਭਟਕਦਾ ਨਹੀਂ, ਜੋ (ਸੰਤਾਂ ਦੀ) ਚਰਨੀਂ ਲੱਗ ਕੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਵਿਚ ਟਿਕਿਆ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ।੪।੧।
Says Kabeer, one who falls at the Lord's feet, and remains in His Sanctuary, does not wander around lost. ||4||1||

SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI - 691 
RAAG DHANAASREE BHAGAT KABEER JI

If the hindu system can give naam simran.  Then why would bhagat ji write to say they don't know the Lord? Bhai Gurdas ji Vaar are based on Gurbani, so present what you think is relevant here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

I have searched Gurbani and no where can I find Ganika was a hindu.  What I find is how Ganika received mukhti.  Guru Sahib says she did simran on Vaheguru through teaching a parrot the name of the Lord.  And now you are fumbling other saved souls names into your blind assessment.  When I read Gurbani, all I see is these souls also remembered Vaheguru and they were saved.  Whether that be ajmaal, bhagat dhru, draupati, etc.  No where in Gurbani any of these souls claiming to be hindu or Gurbani saying they were hindu.  These souls did simran and they were saved.  You keep making outlandish claims but refuse to answer key answers.  If you believe being born in a hindu family makes a person hindu than Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji would be a hindu by your frivolous and irrational belief.

Okay let's make this simple because the Guru has written Gurbani for every soul to read, understand,  and apply.  What is the back bone of Hindus?  It's the vedas and those who wrote them.  And the devta and devi they worship.  What does Gurbani say about them?  If Gurbani accepts them to be Satguru than yes they can give Naam/naam simran.  If they are anything less than they can't give naam simran and through the hindu system mukhti can't be achieved. 

Read the below Gurbani.  This is bhagat kabir ji speaking.  Bhagat ji yearned for the darshan of Vaheguru and sent Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji his first form to pull bhagat kabir ji out the spiritual torture he was.  Now listen to bhagat ji words after meeting Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji 

ਰਾਗੁ ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਭਗਤ ਕਬੀਰ ਜੀ ਕੀ
Raag Dhanaasaree, The Word Of Devotee Kabeer Jee:

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਸਨਕ ਸਨੰਦ ਮਹੇਸ ਸਮਾਨਾਂ ॥ ਸੇਖਨਾਗਿ ਤੇਰੋ ਮਰਮੁ ਨ ਜਾਨਾਂ ॥੧॥
ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ! (ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਦੇ ਪੁੱਤਰਾਂ) ਸਨਕ, ਸਨੰਦ ਅਤੇ ਸ਼ਿਵ ਜੀ ਵਰਗਿਆਂ ਨੇ ਤੇਰਾ ਭੇਦ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਾਇਆ; (ਵਿਸ਼ਨੂ ਦੇ ਭਗਤ) ਸ਼ੇਸ਼ਨਾਗ ਨੇ ਤੇਰੇ (ਦਿਲ ਦਾ) ਰਾਜ਼ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਮਝਿਆ ।੧।
Beings like Sanak, Sanand, Shiva and Shaysh-naaga - none of them know Your mystery, Lord. ||1||

ਸੰਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਰਿਦੈ ਬਸਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਮੈਂ ਸੰਤਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਵਿਚ ਰਹਿ ਕੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਵਸਾਉਂਦਾ ਹਾਂ ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।
In the Society of the Saints, the Lord dwells within the heart. ||1||Pause||

ਹਨੂਮਾਨ ਸਰਿ ਗਰੁੜ ਸਮਾਨਾਂ ॥ ਸੁਰਪਤਿ ਨਰਪਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਗੁਨ ਜਾਨਾਂ ॥੨॥
(ਸ੍ਰੀ ਰਾਮ ਚੰਦਰ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਸੇਵਕ) ਹਨੂਮਾਨ ਵਰਗੇ ਨੇ, (ਵਿਸ਼ਨੂ ਦੇ ਸੇਵਕ ਤੇ ਪੰਛੀਆਂ ਦੇ ਰਾਜੇ) ਗਰੁੜ ਵਰਗਿਆਂ ਨੇ, ਦੇਵਤਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਰਾਜੇ ਇੰਦਰ ਨੇ, ਵੱਡੇ ਵੱਡੇ ਰਾਜਿਆਂ ਨੇ ਭੀ ਤੇਰੇ ਗੁਣਾਂ ਦਾ ਅੰਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਾਇਆ ।੨।
Beings like Hanumaan, Garura, Indra the King of the gods and the rulers of humans - none of them know Your Glories, Lord. ||2||

ਚਾਰਿ ਬੇਦ ਅਰੁ ਸਿੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਪੁਰਾਨਾਂ ॥ ਕਮਲਾਪਤਿ ਕਵਲਾ ਨਹੀ ਜਾਨਾਂ ॥੩॥
ਚਾਰ ਵੇਦ, (ਅਠਾਰਾਂ) ਸਿਮ੍ਰਿਤੀਆਂ, (ਅਠਾਰਾਂ) ਪੁਰਾਣ—(ਇਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਕਰਤਾ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ, ਮਨੂ ਤੇ ਹੋਰ ਰਿਸ਼ੀਆਂ) ਨੇ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਮਝਿਆ; ਵਿਸ਼ਨੂ ਤੇ ਲੱਛਮੀ ਨੇ ਭੀ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਾਇਆ ।੩।
The four Vedas, the Simritees and the Puraanas, Vishnu the Lord of Lakshmi and Lakshmi herself - none of them know the Lord. ||3||

ਕਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਸੋ ਭਰਮੈ ਨਾਹੀ ॥ ਪਗ ਲਗਿ ਰਾਮ ਰਹੈ ਸਰਨਾਂਹੀ ॥੪॥੧॥
ਕਬੀਰ ਆਖਦਾ ਹੈ—(ਬਾਕੀ ਸਾਰੀ ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਦੇ ਲੋਕ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੂੰ ਛੱਡ ਕੇ ਹੋਰ ਹੋਰ ਪਾਸੇ ਭਟਕਦੇ ਰਹੇ) ਇੱਕ ਉਹ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਭਟਕਦਾ ਨਹੀਂ, ਜੋ (ਸੰਤਾਂ ਦੀ) ਚਰਨੀਂ ਲੱਗ ਕੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਵਿਚ ਟਿਕਿਆ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ।੪।੧।
Says Kabeer, one who falls at the Lord's feet, and remains in His Sanctuary, does not wander around lost. ||4||1||

SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI - 691 
RAAG DHANAASREE BHAGAT KABEER JI

If the hindu system can give naam simran.  Then why would bhagat ji write to say they don't know the Lord? Bhai Gurdas ji Vaar are based on Gurbani, so present what you think is relevant here.  

So your saying ganika was a sikh prostitute? Why did she take advise from a sadhoo the? 

Im not talking about the hindu system  im talking about hindus remembering God and achieving mukti like the people I mentioned above.  If they remember god, like the hindus I mentioned above, then they too achieve mukti. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, puzzled said:

So your saying ganika was a sikh prostitute? Why did she take advise from a sadhoo the? 

Im not talking about the hindu system  im talking about hindus remembering God and achieving mukti like the people I mentioned above.  If they remember god, like the hindus I mentioned above, then they too achieve mukti. 

Does Gurbani say she was a Sikh prostitute?  Gurbani says ganika learned to repeat the lord's name from a parrot. 

What makes a person a hindu; following the hindu system of religion which includes the vedas and worshipping one of the devta or devi's as the Lord. Gurbani speaks against this and only Naam simran on Akal Purkh is accepted. The Gurbani shabad of Bhagat kabir ji is clear.  Show us anywhere in Gurbani that says any one of the names you mentioned identified as hindu.  Gurbani is the truth and will not hide the true identity of ajmaal bhagat dhru, draupti, etc.  None of them in Gurbani are defined as hindus.  So why do you forcibly want to apply the hindu term on them?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Akalifauj said:

Does Gurbani say she was a Sikh prostitute?  Gurbani says ganika learned to repeat the lord's name from a parrot. 

What makes a person a hindu; following the hindu system of religion which includes the vedas and worshipping one of the devta or devi's as the Lord. Gurbani speaks against this and only Naam simran on Akal Purkh is accepted. The Gurbani shabad of Bhagat kabir ji is clear.  Show us anywhere in Gurbani that says any one of the names you mentioned identified as hindu.  Gurbani is the truth and will not hide the true identity of ajmaal bhagat dhru, draupti, etc.  None of them in Gurbani are defined as hindus.  So why do you forcibly want to apply the hindu term on them?  

 

neither does gurbani say they were sikh,  sikhi didnt even exist when they existed. Gurbani mentions bhai lalo but does not mention him as a sikh, does that mean he was not a sikh then?     so you saying draupati was a sikh? lol Ok then.   like i said if a hindu remembers god like they did, they too will receive mukti. whats so hard to understand about that?     bhagat namdev ji was thrown out of the mandir and dragged to the back because he was of a low caste, why would he walk into the mandir in the first place if he wasn't a hindu?  And why did god turn the mandir around so that it faced bhagat namdev? 

hindu is a diverse belief system,not all hindus believe in devte or vedas. hinduism is so diverse that it even includes atheism. What your talking about is classical orthodox hinduism not all hindus adhere to that. couple of 100 yrs ago the word hindu didn't even exist, so what were they then?  hindu is a culture, a collection of a very diverse belief system. 

im honestly getting really bored talking about this ....  I think we've both put our points forward and made clear what we believe    original  poster can think for himself now  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, puzzled said:

neither does gurbani say they were sikh

 Who was ganika Guru?  Without satguru naam simran cannot be recieved.   Gurbani is very clear on this fact.

sikhi didnt even exist when they existed.





There is no difference between Gurbani and Vaheguru.   What you meant to say was Sikhi was not openly known on a wide scale at the time.  Sikhi always existed and will exist even when this universe cease to exist as Vaheguru absorbs it back into him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gurbani mentions bhai lalo but does not mention him as a sikh, does that mean he was not a sikh then? 



Bhai lalo stayed with saroop of  Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji.   Bhai Lalo was a companion of Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji.  Can you find Gurbani saying bhai Lalo was not a Sikh.  We can find in Gurbani, Sri chand did not listen to Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji.  So if Bhai Lalo would have done the same or similar.  We would have discovered it Gurbani.  Such Gurbani does not exist.  To call Bhai Lalo  a Sikh is not baseless or without merit.  However to call ganika a hindu is completely baseless.   By her job she was identified as a prostitute. Which religious text of the Hindus says to be a prostitute and you are still a practicing hindu? No where in Gurbani does anyone of the contributors say she is a hindu.  Her behavior described in Gurbani does not say hindu or anything close.  So it's fair to say she was not a hindu.

you saying draupati was a sikh? lol Ok then.



I did not say or infer she is a Sikh.  You have a problem with making assumptions to help your view point.  But every time you attempt this foolish behavior you get caught on it.  I have been asking you to provide Gurbani to say Hindus have Satguru and therefore can attain Naam simran.  You brought up ganika because you wanted to pin her as a hindu.  I asked for proof from Gurbani to say she was a hindu.  You could not provide anything.  Then you wanted to provide more names and I asked for proof from Gurbani and you can't provide proof.  

like i said if a hindu remembers god like they did, they too will receive mukti. whats so hard to understand about that? 



Soon as you  say hindu your view point goes out the window.  A practicing hindu will not worship Vaheguru (the one supreme Being).  They will worship a devta or devi or like you add no God.  All three worships is not of Vaheguru, therefore they are not remembering God and cannot receive mukhti.  

bhagat namdev ji was thrown out of the mandir and dragged to the back because he was of a low caste, why would he walk into the mandir in the first place if he wasn't a hindu?  And why did god turn the mandir around so that it faced bhagat namdev?



God did many things for Bhagat Naamdev ji.  You should read about them in bhai gurdas ji Vaar and see where bhagat ji is referred to as a Gurmukh.   Walking into a mandir does not make anyone a hindu. A hindu walking into a Gurdwara does not make them a Sikh. Why are you hell bent on calling these great souls as Hindu when they did not define themselves as hindu?

hindu is a diverse belief system,not all hindus believe in devte or vedas. hinduism is so diverse that it even includes atheism. What your talking about is classical orthodox hinduism not all hindus adhere to that. couple of 100 yrs ago the word hindu didn't even exist, so what were they then?  hindu is a culture, a collection of a very diverse belief system. 



Hindu being a diverse group means nothing. You say hindu includes even atheism. You made the blanketed statement hindus have Raam naam, so what is an atheist hindu remembering when he doesn't believe in God? Can you provide the information I have been asking for? That this diverse group as Satguru and therefore do naam simran? If you can provide this information the discussion would have been finished. The fact is, you have no information to say Hindus have Satguru. So you have been beating around the Bush trying to throw up smoke screens. None of this worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Kalyug only the naam given by Guru Nanak Patshah will save you.  

Other names of Vaaheguru are from the other yugs which can be chanted however, Vaaheguru is the Gurmantar for kalyug.  
 

Sabh Tai Vada Satgur Nanak Jin kal Rakhi Meri

Guru Nanak is the greatest of all; he saved my honour in this dark age of Kali Yuga.   - Guru Granth Sahib Jee ang 750

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T_Singh said:

In Kalyug only the naam given by Guru Nanak Patshah will save you.  

Other names of Vaaheguru are from the other yugs which can be chanted however, Vaaheguru is the Gurmantar for kalyug.  
 

Sabh Tai Vada Satgur Nanak Jin kal Rakhi Meri

Guru Nanak is the greatest of all; he saved my honour in this dark age of Kali Yuga.   - Guru Granth Sahib Jee ang 750

 

The Gurbani you have quoted does not say only in kalyug.  That is your own belief.  Naam simran is not about some chanting one word.  Vaheguru and the word Raam are no lesser or greater from each other.  It is the Gurmat meaning that makes them great.  In today's world the Mantar Vaheguru is being used in various ways.  For example, Vaheguru is the baba lying dead in a tomb, but the followers chant Vaheguru to remember this dead fake baba.  Vaheguru is gurmantar, but now it's meaning has been changed to praise a fake dead baba, who liked to draw Shiva ling. Others cults have taken on a similar method.  Raam was given to remember the One Supreme Being, but the Hindus started chanting Raam for raamchadr, who was not Vaheguru.  They focused on the dead as well.  From age to age this has been the primary problem.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Akalifauj, could you share some light on people of other faiths and paths experiencing stuff in simran which is described in Gurbani. 
 

My extended family members haven’t had gurmantar from Panj Pyare, however they have experienced stuff very similar to sikhi if not the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have stated, Gurmantar from Guru Nanak Dev Ji is the one that will give you mukti.

Other mantars and sadhus have reached, with intense bhagti to Karam Khand, but without Gurprasad, they did not reach Sachkhand until they came to the house of Guru Sahib.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

Akalifauj, could you share some light on people of other faiths and paths experiencing stuff in simran which is described in Gurbani. 
 

My extended family members haven’t had gurmantar from Panj Pyare, however they have experienced stuff very similar to sikhi if not the same. 

What are they experiencing?  Sounds? Seeing the future? Obtaining what they desire?  If they were experiencing something spiritual as Gurmat describes they would fall at the feet of Punj Pyare and take amrit.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • The planet breaths a sigh of relief, lol. 
    • It's true. And something most Sikh parents ignore because most Sikh parents themselves think it's cool and modernable to dress our children like that. I remember my niece on her first birthday was dressed up like a barbie by her parents. Thats where it starts.  If I ever had a daughter I wouldn't let her be semi nude like this. And be available for men.  Sikh parents of girls act like pimp nowadays 
    • Honestly, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your reply has really brought peace to my mind. Yes you're right, professional support is out there but I think this journey is difficult but will build me as an individual. I've always tried to live to make others around me happy which kind of left me unknown of my own identity. I really want to build myself, understand my needs and wants.... And mostly importantly recognise my weaknesses and faults so I can be a better person. Confidence and having high regards of your own well being attractive I guess. It sets a bar and people know not to cross it which keeps relationships healthy and fair. With waheguru jis mehar I really want to improve myself so that when my marriage is fixed I can move forward. You're right, I know I want quick results but on the other hand 8 months of no communication feels like a life time.... However like you said it is better to wait and have problems resolved.  I definitely need to research some techniques and see which suit me best.... It's my sister's wedding in a few weeks which is great happiness for us as a family but a constant reminder for me. It's really hard but the more I'm trying to be happy for her and plan things for her the more peace I feel.  Once again thank u sooo much, your response has really settled my mind.
    • I'm not trying to be rude but most of you guys on here talking about "women these days" sound like incels. I don't know why some people are so obsessed with what women are doing, go out there be the alpha male and any girl will like you. It's very simple Singhs need to man up. Most Singhs want a pretty and feminine girl so similarly girls like confident manly men, alot of Singhs are not up to scratch its simple as that.    There is alot of incel like <banned word filter activated> shaming going on - you can not hope to know what someone is like from a Facebook post or photo, hell even the people you see up close like those in school, you don't know the full story.   What makes me laugh is how quickly people think they can sum up the complexities of someone else's life. On top of that you guys aren't even happy when a girl moves on and criticisize when they do finally settle down as covering up or whatever - it's called growing up and developing as a person, quite a normal thing.   Maybe if we the kaum wasn't full up of people who have nothing better to do than discuss other people's supposed love lives on the internet and actually understood normal human behaviour of making mistakes, being immature and developing, we actually wouldn't have people looking elsewhere.   Finally, there never was this "ideal respectable woman", not in any era. Hanky panky has been going on since the beginning of time, read charitrpakhiyan.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use