Any Civil Engineers on the forum?

dallysingh101

18 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

It would be funny if it weren't for the fact that the brit 'gorment' seem pretty keen on foisting terr0rism/extrem1sm labels on apnay these days........

Ably abetted by our own. Can't completely blame the Other when apne don't require any encouragement to betray their own. That's one thing about the Muslims I respect. They, largely, stick up for their own even if behind closed doors they give each other stick. That's one thing about Sikhs that I guess puts off so many of us from sticking out necks out for apne, because you just know when things go belly-up, the pain at learning it's not the Other that's screwed you over but your supposed own, is a harsh lesson.

16 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Ably abetted by our own. Can't completely blame the Other when apne don't require any encouragement to betray their own. That's one thing about the Muslims I respect. They, largely, stick up for their own even if behind closed doors they give each other stick. That's one thing about Sikhs that I guess puts off so many of us from sticking out necks out for apne, because you just know when things go belly-up, the pain at learning it's not the Other that's screwed you over but your supposed own, is a harsh lesson.

"Every brother ain't a brother, for a black hand squeezed on Malcolm X the man"

Public Enemy

I hear what you're saying, and have experienced this a fair few times over the years. That being said, we could easily grind to complete and utter inertia as a community if we froze in the face of the prospect of being sold out (as real as that is). And from my more longitudinal perspective (a fancy way of saying I'm older), we have more unity than we've had in a LONG while right now.

If anyone decides not to bother because of potential sellouts - then the sellouts have completely won over them. 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

"Every brother ain't a brother, for a black hand squeezed on Malcolm X the man"

Public Enemy

I hear what you're saying, and have experienced this a fair few times over the years. That being said, we could easily grind to complete and utter inertia as a community if we froze in the face of the prospect of being sold out (as real as that is). And from my more longitudinal perspective (a fancy way of saying I'm older), we have more unity than we've had in a LONG while right now.

If anyone decides not to bother because of potential sellouts - then the sellouts have completely won over them. 

even the collapse of the sikh empire has a lot to do with sikh turning against sikh, less trust among sikhs. Yeah hindus did a lot of dodgy stuff and the goreh did too, but we overlook the fact that their was a lot of conflict between sikhs in the empire. During the empire there had always been 2 or 3 opposing parties within the empire. the hindus and goreh just filled the cracks and took advantage. 

like the sandhwalia sardars, cousins of ranjit singh, were always plotting the fall of ranjit singh. Sher Singh waged war against kharak singhs widow who briefly became empress when kharak singh and their son died. nauhihal singh along with other sikhs took his own father kharak singh of the throne so he could have it for himself, kharak singh was later poisoned to death. even ranjit singhs wife, daughter of sada kaur was plotting against ranjit singh along with her mother because sada kaur wanted her grandson sher singh to become king next but ranjit singh chose kharak singh to become the next king instead, at one point sada kaur and her daughter even sought british assistance to bring ranjit singh down but were caught out. Near the later years there was so much turmoil and unrest among the many divisions that the army decided to take over and started running the empire.    the powerful sardars of various elite families were constantly plotting and planning against one another.

then all a sudden rani jind kaur gives power to her brother and he was later executed by sikhs who were against him.

another divide was between ranjit singh and sikhs like akali phoola singh, both with different ideas of how the empire should run.

the whole history of the sikh empire is full of conflict and turmoil 

the goreh got wind of what was going on in the empire, we've always done our dirty laundry out in the open, and they got the bhamans on their side ...

19 hours ago, puzzled said:

then all a sudden rani jind kaur gives power to her brother and he was later executed by sikhs who were against him.

Nah, that one was because Rani Jindhan's brother had a rajah that was popular with the foot soldiers, killed. If that was their chosen leader and he was killed, their hands were tied. Okay, maybe they shouldn't have killed him in front of M. Jindan and little Daleep, but maybe they were trying to make a point with doing it pubically?

Anyway, in any endeavours in future, their will be a strong focus on neutralising internal ghaddaars. They can pi55 off to some other thing if they want. It's not like they are captive on threat of death, like some other people are in their things (i.e. the mob and other abrahamic ways....)

15 hours ago, kidsama said:

are you going to ask about wearing hard cap on the work site? 

No, that one even the most basic of simpleton knows.