India/Punjab OCI card

Big_Tera

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

They are very rude,  and it's as if they deliberately are being rude.  None of them are from the uk,  I think they have been flown in from India to work at these Visa places. 

The woman I had was so rude and had a nasty attitude, i got pissed off and turned my plastic wallet with the papers in upside down in front of her and the papers fell out and went all over her desk and she had to gather them up   Lol I know that's rude   but she was being a sh1t      I really lost my cool with her.

I make a point of seeking out the person at the front counter who seems to be a balaiti like us, lol. They don't give people grief.

44 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

You will find all Indian Govt officials are like that.

I lost my temper with Air India officials. 

It's the only language they understand 

That happened to me once but I was young-ish at the time and never went full kharkoo, lol. When we landed at Heathrow on the journey home from Delhi, this camp Indian steward forcibly places himself between me and the exit so that us "peasants" in economy didn't exit the plane before the passengers in First Class. I thought I was imagining it at first, but when I tried to nudge him aside, he extends his arm across my face like a barrier to stop me from edging forward, lol.  He was a bit too close for my liking, hehe, but I started to quietly say stuff that only he'd hear like, "This is why India will always be a third world country. Slave." The queer never flinched, lmao, but I could tell he was annoyed as I disparaged his Bharat, because I could see his mouth was twitching as he was grinding his teeth! I was genuinely taken aback at the affront of the guy. It's never happened when I've flown with FlyBe or RyanAir. The stewards don't prioritise who exits first regardless the cost of the ticket. A minor incident but explains a lot about the mentality of Indians and their hierarchy structures.

7 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

That happened to me once but I was young-ish at the time and never went full kharkoo, lol. When we landed at Heathrow on the journey home from Delhi, this camp Indian steward forcibly places himself between me and the exit so that us "peasants" in economy didn't exit the plane before the passengers in First Class. I thought I was imagining it at first, but when I tried to nudge him aside, he extends his arm across my face like a barrier to stop me from edging forward, lol.  He was a bit too close for my liking, hehe, but I started to quietly say stuff that only he'd hear like, "This is why India will always be a third world country. Slave." The queer never flinched, lmao, but I could tell he was annoyed as I disparaged his Bharat, because I could see his mouth was twitching as he was grinding his teeth! I was genuinely taken aback at the affront of the guy. It's never happened when I've flown with FlyBe or RyanAir. The stewards don't prioritise who exits first regardless the cost of the ticket. A minor incident but explains a lot about the mentality of Indians and their hierarchy structures.

I vowed to myself never to fly with Air India. 

I will go with any other airline even if it costs more. 

I know Air India now flies direct to Amritsar but I will rather stop over in Uzbekistan or Qatar.

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I vowed to myself never to fly with Air India. 

I will go with any other airline even if it costs more. 

I know Air India now flies direct to Amritsar but I will rather stop over in Uzbekistan or Qatar.

Turkmenistan Airlines ftw. ? British Airways do a good deal once in a blue moon, but their prices are normally astronomical during the period of the year that I can travel. Gulf Air are decent, too. Good service, punctual, and clean. Air India planes feel like they're on the verge of falling to pieces mid air.

4 hours ago, puzzled said:

They are very rude,  and it's as if they deliberately are being rude.  None of them are from the uk,  I think they have been flown in from India to work at these Visa places. 

The woman I had was so rude and had a nasty attitude, i got pissed off and turned my plastic wallet with the papers in upside down in front of her and the papers fell out and went all over her desk and she had to gather them up   Lol I know that's rude   but she was being a sh1t      I really lost my cool with her.

I have noticed some Indian born people turn their noses up at UK born Desi's. They think just because they talk in a middle class snooty accent. They can treat us like we're 2nd class citizens. 

I've seen this on many occasions. It doesn't happen to me though. I can easily out smart them and make them look foolish. Hence they didn't even bother trying to get smart. 

50 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Turkmenistan Airlines ftw. ? British Airways do a good deal once in a blue moon, but their prices are normally astronomical during the period of the year that I can travel. Gulf Air are decent, too. Good service, punctual, and clean. Air India planes feel like they're on the verge of falling to pieces mid air.

That is probably due to the all the over weight desi's and their astronomical amount of luggage they take on with them. lol

I've flown on various airlines to India. From my experience Virgin are the best and have good meal selection. Emrites are not bad either. I flew to India 20 years ago on Gulf airlines.and had stopover in Bahrain. From my memory it was actually quite good. Never flown again with them so not sure what they are like now. Probably have improved. The movie was good back them it was like a big screen. At the front. Now everyone has their own little screens.

Only issue with flying middle Eastern airlines is you don't know where your money is going and to fund what kinda things in Muslim countries. It's best to go on a western airline. 

37 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Turkmenistan Airlines

lol iv been in turkmenistan and uzbekistan many times haha! and then a 4 hour stay in their countries lol   worst thing is they dont have tv screens in the planes! 

jet airways was good    much better than air india, one yr we went direct from heathrow to amritsar, but then they cancelled that route and eventually i think the airline became domestic only. 

flights to delhi are annoying because its 8 hrs in the plane and then another 8hrs in the car from delhi to home!  which is just torture 

last time i went it was air india, heathrow to delhi and then a flight from delhi to amritsar and then a 3 hr drive from amritsar to home! felt half dead by the end of it, really exhausting 

they should open a airport in jalandhar 

30 minutes ago, puzzled said:

lol iv been in turkmenistan and uzbekistan many times haha! and then a 4 hour stay in their countries lol   worst thing is they dont have tv screens in the planes! 

jet airways was good    much better than air india, one yr we went direct from heathrow to amritsar, but then they cancelled that route and eventually i think the airline became domestic only. 

flights to delhi are annoying because it 8 hrs in the plane and then another 8hrs in the car from delhi to home!  which is just torture 

last time i went its was air india heathrow to delhi and then a flight from delhi to amritsar and then a 3 hr drive from amritsar to home! felt half dead by the end of it, really exhausting 

absolute pants service was lufthansa  both trips i

first trip Did with them involved nearly 10 hours delays each way going and coming , since my first trips was with a two year old and two 11month olds , I was livid as I used up their food and drink just sitting in Berlin , if they had warned me before the short hop to there from Heathrow I could have popped into Boots and got some more supplies . Oviously never apologized to parents with little kids on the flight . Coming back there was 12 hours delay in Delhi in roasting hot airport (no air con) no vouchers for food, no shops for baby food . The whole thing was so bad it put me off considering them untils more than a decade. Same dodgy treatment , delays, lost my mum in the airport on some assistance transport , had to hang back to find her whilst sending rest of family ahead ....

I have even flown Afghan air literally months before the russian invasion, and that was better than Lufthansa despite a broken seat meaning my kid brother getting squashed fingers .

I hate the faff of going to Delhi also but I refuse to spend extra hours on the flight to that hellhole so usually fly non-stop , I agree Jet is better than AIR India so that's who we use for domestic flights to siliguri or amritsar . Amritsar airport security are a shifty bunch mind you Delhi domestic are just as bad

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

flights to delhi are annoying because its 8 hrs in the plane and then another 8hrs in the car from delhi to home!  which is just torture 

last time i went it was air india, heathrow to delhi and then a flight from delhi to amritsar and then a 3 hr drive from amritsar to home! felt half dead by the end of it, really exhausting 

Air India now fly from Stansted to Amritsar direct but I hate Stansted as well.

I reckon if you gave Punjabi people parachutes they would tell the pilot to fly just over their pind and they will skydive down from there.