India/Punjab OCI card

Big_Tera

8 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

reckon if you gave Punjabi people parachutes they would tell the pilot to fly just over their pind and they will skydive down from there. 

HAHAHA    so true tho      

Do you remember new bharat coaches? When we were kids  My sister sat on the floor one yr because there were no seats left lol  driver took less money. 

3 hours ago, puzzled said:

air india is in trouble i think    people are bidding for it 

no , MODI wants to sell it off to line his pockets domestic airlines aren't interested as it is being sold at too high a fix it bill and the foreign companies won't touch it because the terms and pricing is eyewateringly high . They had tried in 2018 and no one took it then , what makes the BJP embezzlers think someone will buy the more underfunded and rundown stock at a higher price . Clearly they do not think they will be hanging around much longer so trying their hardest to asset strip the country.

On 2/5/2020 at 1:04 PM, Dsinghdp said:

Air India has the best food.

Also used to travel by Turkmenistan Airlines but that’s shut down.

Air India goes direct from Birmingham to Amritsar which is good for me.

Heathrow has plenty of flights to Delhi. But that’s 2 hour drive for me and saves taxi money.

The best legroom is virgin. I found air India to be a bit more cramped. But the food was lovely. Although I usually pack my own snacks to have inbetween. 

My home town is Amritsar, only 10 minutes from golden temple. So goes direct. But it still a 40 - 50 minute drive from airport to my home. 

On 2/4/2020 at 12:21 AM, jkvlondon said:

absolute pants service was lufthansa  both trips i

first trip Did with them involved nearly 10 hours delays each way going and coming , since my first trips was with a two year old and two 11month olds , I was livid as I used up their food and drink just sitting in Berlin , if they had warned me before the short hop to there from Heathrow I could have popped into Boots and got some more supplies . Oviously never apologized to parents with little kids on the flight . Coming back there was 12 hours delay in Delhi in roasting hot airport (no air con) no vouchers for food, no shops for baby food . The whole thing was so bad it put me off considering them untils more than a decade. Same dodgy treatment , delays, lost my mum in the airport on some assistance transport , had to hang back to find her whilst sending rest of family ahead ....

I have even flown Afghan air literally months before the russian invasion, and that was better than Lufthansa despite a broken seat meaning my kid brother getting squashed fingers .

I hate the faff of going to Delhi also but I refuse to spend extra hours on the flight to that hellhole so usually fly non-stop , I agree Jet is better than AIR India so that's who we use for domestic flights to siliguri or amritsar . Amritsar airport security are a shifty bunch mind you Delhi domestic are just as bad

Delhi is actually quite good. Ie all the major tourist sites are located there. Aswell as all the shopping and restaurants ect. Punjab is good for the pinds . But does not have much shopping areas and food places.  

I have travelled extensively in Delhi. It's has some good places. 

Many historic Gurdwaras are there. Bangla Sahib, Sis Ganj, Rakab Ganj. There are many affluent areas also.