We are in Dwapaur Yug.. ?

kidsama

ਕਲਜੁਗੁ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਆ ਪਗ ਤ੍ਰੈ ਖਿਸਕੀਆ ਪਗੁ ਚਉਥਾ ਟਿਕੈ ਟਿਕਾਇ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥੪॥੧੧॥

Kalajug Har Keeaa Pag Thrai Khisakeeaa Pag Chouthhaa Ttikai Ttikaae Jeeo ||4||4||11||

The Lord ushered in the Dark Age, the Iron Age of Kali Yuga; three legs of religion were lost, and only the fourth leg remained intact. ||4||4||11||

ਆਸਾ (ਮਃ ੪) ਛੰਤ( ੧੧) ੪:੬ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੪੬ ਪੰ. ੪
Raag Asa Guru Ram Das

You can in a way say that the yugs are a internal battle as well.   Just how you can make your home into swarg or narak. Have meat, sharab, swear words in your house with no Sikhi or respect for the gurus then you have created narak in your house. 

I read somewhere how in each yug the "battle" narrowed down, like in satyug the battles used to be between the gods and demons, massive battles in the universe between them

and then in threta ram came down to earth and the battle was between two empires/kings   ram vs ravaan

and then in dwapar the battle was within the family and mahabharat took place between the kauravs and pandavs

and now in kalyug the battle in within us    a inner conflict between the vices and our soul/dharam 

7 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I am genuinely very curious though, and I can tell you must have thought on that, care to share what makes you see things that way?

Not really bro, I didn't think too much, it's just a feeling, but I can list out some main points.

I heard that as KalYug progresses it supposes to get darker and darker ( worse and worse), but I feel we have passed the worst times already.  Like Mughal raj, where there was no value on human life, people would be picked up on a whim and fed to dogs and hounds of the royal. And slavery for example, all around the world for 100's of years. I feel like we are in the upward cycle now, things are getting better. I mean compare today to back then, what can be worse than that? Those were the darkest times. And that's when the Guru's came. 

I also heard that in Dawapur Yug, energy is supreme. In Kal Yug gross and matter is how the world works. Today everything is done by energy (electricity). And so I would believe that late 1800 is when Dwapur started..

Also aren't people becoming more conscious nowadays? Idk, I am not 100% on my beliefs, they are flexible. But to believe that times are getting worse and worse and will continue to for 100,000s of years is such a limiting thought. 

2 hours ago, kidsama said:

Not really bro, I didn't think too much, it's just a feeling, but I can list out some main points.

I heard that as KalYug progresses it supposes to get darker and darker ( worse and worse), but I feel we have passed the worst times already.  Like Mughal raj, where there was no value on human life, people would be picked up on a whim and fed to dogs and hounds of the royal. And slavery for example, all around the world for 100's of years. I feel like we are in the upward cycle now, things are getting better. I mean compare today to back then, what can be worse than that? Those were the darkest times. And that's when the Guru's came. 

I also heard that in Dawapur Yug, energy is supreme. In Kal Yug gross and matter is how the world works. Today everything is done by energy (electricity). And so I would believe that late 1800 is when Dwapur started..

Also aren't people becoming more conscious nowadays? Idk, I am not 100% on my beliefs, they are flexible. But to believe that times are getting worse and worse and will continue to for 100,000s of years is such a limiting thought. 

I appreciate your perspective. Thank you for sharing. 

When Guru Nanak dev ji came, it was aboit few hundred years passed of 5000. So according to it we are near about 5700 yrs of kalyug.

(source- sant ishar singh ji)

they used to say that now” 5000 saal ton upper and 6000 to kush ghat da time chal reha hai”

also, the kalyug came after the death of Raja Prikshit( grandson of Arjun) , Arjun and Krishna were of almost same age.

krishna died about 100 yrs before kalyug and their scriptures say that krishna died 5000 yrs ago from now. So if we consider this fact even then its about 5000 plus 100 means 5100 yrs of kalyug.