Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
puzzled

"Royal" sikh wedding

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Then you're going to have the typical 'kishay taun nahin khat' type wealthy apnay who take this ostentation as some personal challenge to 'up' like their lives depend on it.   

😂 Very astute. The type of young Punjabi guy who sees himself as an entrepreneur, and posts motivational images on Instagram that unironically mention terms such as hustling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

It's no secret that money buys decisions made from Sri Akal Takhat Sahib seat currently. 

What decisions you are talking about? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not in this video but one thing thats really annoying is when they get little girls to throw petals before the bride as shes walking towards guru maharaj.  I really dont like that. My sister went to a wedding recently where they did that and the singh doing the anand karaj told them off and told the sangat to pick the petals up and told them that this is not gurmat.  the ladies then in the sangat got up and started gathering the petals and then the singh continued.  

also they rather than the bride holding the larh from her husbands shoulder they have rose chains now

they really need to stop doing these stupid things 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I aint seen the video because I fear it will tip me into depression. Is there some genuine 'royal' connection here, or is that just another superfluous ostentation thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I aint seen the video because I fear it will tip me into depression. Is their some genuine 'royal' connection here, or is that just another superfluous ostentation thing?

lmao  watch it    just watch it        and then comment haha! 

its got everything!  cruise in the sea, luxury hotel, white doves set free, petals showered from the sky, belly dancers, aerobics, bhangra dancers,  ex akal takht jathedar, bride wearing crown   everything! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, puzzled said:

lmao  watch it    just watch it        and then comment haha! 

its got everything!  cruise in the sea, luxury hotel, white doves set free, petals showered from the sky, belly dancers, aerobics, bhangra dancers,  ex akal takht jathedar, bride wearing crown   everything! 

Sounds like a gays man's wet dream? 

I ain't watching it - f**k that. lol

The only thing that sounded even remotely interesting in the above list was the belly dancers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Sounds like a gays man's wet dream? 

I ain't watching it - f**k that. lol

The only thing that sounded even remotely interesting in the above list was the belly dancers. 

its very camp and over the top. everything is gay about it

the belly dancers arent all that, skinny and plain lol 

even if i had that much money i would still have just a simple anand karaj and thats it.

i dont like being center of attention

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, puzzled said:

its very camp and over the top. everything is gay about it

the belly dancers arent all that, skinny and plain lol 

Oh, so they didn't even get that right. I find a lot of Indian 'culture' is super camp. Especially the movies these days (judging by the few seconds I have seen of them before I turn my head away in disgust).

I tried watching some modern Panjabi film with social issues recently (called Gelo) but straight away they assaulted my senses with some couple prancing about in some musical number, so I had to switch it off. It takes like a year for me (at least!) to get over these types of things before I can summon the strength to try and watch it again. 

Quote

 

even if i had that much money i would still have just a simple anand karaj and thats it.

i dont like being center of attention

 

I hear you! 

It often looks like the people with these lavish, ostentatious events are seriously trying to cover up for some deeply rooted inadequacies with all the fancy, overblown events? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Oh, so they didn't even get that right. I find a lot of Indian 'culture' is super camp. Especially the movies these days (judging by the few seconds I have seen of them before I turn my head away in disgust).

I tried watching some modern Panjabi film with social issues recently (called Gelo) but straight away they assaulted my senses with some couple prancing about in some musical number, so I had to switch it off. It takes like a year for me (at least!) to get over these types of things before I can summon the strength to try and watch it again. 

Ardaas 1 and  rabb da radio 1  are really gd movies  both on youtube     about social issues     qissa, tale of a lonely ghost is one of the strangest movies iv ever seen! surprised that some punjabi made it, its about a man who wants a son but his wife gives birth to a girl but he doesnt wanna accept it so he raises it as a boy! he even marrys her of to a girl!  strange movie    

i dont really watch hindi movies but i liked padmavaati and haider. 

34 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I hear you! 

It often looks like the people with these lavish, ostentatious events are seriously trying to cover up for some deeply rooted inadequacies with all the fancy, overblown events? 

i think its just show off tbh       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2020 at 8:22 PM, puzzled said:

Ardaas 1 and  rabb da radio 1  are really gd movies  both on youtube     about social issues     qissa, tale of a lonely ghost is one of the strangest movies iv ever seen! surprised that some punjabi made it, its about a man who wants a son but his wife gives birth to a girl but he doesnt wanna accept it so he raises it as a boy! he even marrys her of to a girl!  strange movie    

i dont really watch hindi movies but i liked padmavaati and haider. 

I watch nearly all Punjabi movie releases.  Recently I watched ‘Chall Mera Putt’.  It’s a good comedy about the struggles of ‘Fauji’s’ in England.  It also has a message of better community cohesion with PakistanI Punjabi’s, who are also acting alongside our people.  Seems like since the opening of ‘Kartarpur Langa’, a major effort is being made on both sides of Punjab to embrace each other’s similarities.

Punjabi film industry seems to be growing, but there seems to be too many releases flooding the market, with the same copy and paste storylines and repetitive use of the same actors.  Also I don’t know why but all the main lead actors are music artists and rarely does any new grassroot talent get a chance to showcase their talent.  You do get the odd gem like Ardaas and the Black Prince which breaks through but you have too sift through the pile of crap to find them. Gippy Grewal is showing he has a really good skill set as a Director, but he needs to take his time in selecting the right script rather than cashing out for quick releases.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2020 at 12:22 PM, puzzled said:

Ardaas 1 and  rabb da radio 1  are really gd movies  both on youtube     about social issues     qissa, tale of a lonely ghost is one of the strangest movies iv ever seen!

I liked bambokaat and Angrej. They show the past really well. But the plot in angrej seems a bit shallow. I just saw the trailer tho so it could be better. Bambokaat was sorta unique

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use