Sikh is a race, not just a religion

Guest CanadianSikh94

11 minutes ago, puzzled said:

i dont think its a bad idea     either way       i remember lord indarjit was against it

yh i doubt they come from one tribe, the European ones are mostly converts.  they say they come from the line of abraham-isac-joseph-jacob.   bs really 

The Sikh Federation says there will be a lot of benefits from it.

38 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The Sikh Federation says there will be a lot of benefits from it.

Foremost of which will be that the number of Sikhs enumerated will reduce - making Sikhs in the UK even more irrelevant!

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

thats not nice     they are still sikh 

Why did you take my words out of context?

I said:

"At the end of the day, you have a haircut, so whatever you think or say is meaningless. Through your actions you have renounced the Sikh religion."

This means, his actions show what he thinks and what really matters to him.

It doesn't matter if I say something nice or say something that's not nice.

It doesn't matter what you think or what I think or what he thinks.

EVERY TIME he shaves, EVERY TIME he gets a haircut, he is renouncing his faith in Sikhi

He has made it clear where he stands by his actions.

5 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

What law? 

Who made this law? 

Okay, certain people manipulated existing foreign laws to gain certain legal advantages in diaspora communities, but to genuinely believe in that crap is ridiculous. 

No Sikhs are not a 'race'. In time, the process of a broadening of racial backgrounds in the community (that has already started) will accelerate. Confining ourselves to narrow 'racial' ideologies is straight mental, and goes against everything Sikhi is. Look at the backgrounds of the panj piaray to open your minds and see things for what they are. 

Only in Canada would we get silly ideas like this. 

the race relations act in UK protects the jews and sikhs as races ... and the definiton I gave is the one in the new US census .
Sikhs are one race as Guru ji defined us , one varna , one race - human  chill dude.

Guest daas guest singh
10 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

This is one of the stupidest posts that I have seen on here. Sikhi is not restricted to one ethnic group.

The privilege that you think you are entitled to, just because 150 years ago or whatever someone in your family was amritdhari, is disgusting.

At the end of the day, you have a haircut, so whatever you think or say is meaningless. Through your actions you have renounced the Sikh religion.

You can identify as whatever you want, but at the the end  of the day, you are just another stupid Punjabi jatt (who makes me embarrassed to be jatt)

Ur absolutely right mate.

Guest daas guest singh

see this it has some good info,views and things like that basically,a must read https :// www.sikhnet.com /news/are-sikhs-ethinicity-commentary

just have a look at this (i hv used the remove link option cos links take a long time to get approved so,just copy this text and searchoon google it will show u the article apney aap)

tnx

6 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

Why did you take my words out of context?

I said:

"At the end of the day, you have a haircut, so whatever you think or say is meaningless. Through your actions you have renounced the Sikh religion."

This means, his actions show what he thinks and what really matters to him.

It doesn't matter if I say something nice or say something that's not nice.

It doesn't matter what you think or what I think or what he thinks.

EVERY TIME he shaves, EVERY TIME he gets a haircut, he is renouncing his faith in Sikhi

He has made it clear where he stands by his actions.

I dont know man. I used to have the same view as you. Screw the panjabis. Only the amritdharis matter. 

But. 

Most gurudware are supported by the sangat. Which is normal panjabis. 

We have a lot to be grateful for from the moneh sikhs. They came to foreign counties and did not totally renounce their faith. They built gurudwarey, brought in granthis, saroops of SGGS. Had gurudwarey in homes, then slowly bought land. Most langar and nagarkirtans are run by their seva. 

Also according to sikh rehit maryada, you are a sikh ifnu believe in 1 god, the 10 gurus, SGGS, have no faith in another religion, and believe in amrit. 

And sehajdhari sikh have played a huge part throughout sikh history .  

And amritdharis biggest recruiting ground is these moneh ppl. But their sikh family and sangat failed them in the past, that they were allowed to go lax. 

9 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

the race relations act in UK protects the jews and sikhs as races ... and the definiton I gave is the one in the new US census .
Sikhs are one race as Guru ji defined us , one varna , one race - human  chill dude.

Okay, I thought some m0rons might have been trying to push us in the 'race' direction. You're old enough to know how ugly that can be.