Raam calls meat sacred in Valmiki Ramayan.

shastarSingh

the thing that makes you question ramayan and ram is how his honor was more important than his innocent wife! he knew that sita was innocent and didnt let ravan touch her yet he still sent her back to the forest because his honor was more important! and he couldnt take the gossip    a real man sticks by his woman!  she was pregnant as well!     

Hearing this, Bharda bowed to Rāma and replied, “Whether good or bad, I do not know. However, this is what people are saying in the marketplaces and in the city streets: ‘Rāma has performed an extraordinary feat by bridging the ocean and vanquishing the powerful Rāvaṇa. However, has it occurred to Him that He has brought home a woman who was abducted by the Rākṣasa king and forced to sit upon his lap? Does Rāma not feel disgust at enjoying a woman who remained with Rāvaṇa for almost one entire year?’ O Lord, these are the things people are speaking about You.” Shocked and dismayed to hear this, Rāma then asked the other ministers if what Bharda had said was true. They all confirmed it was so. Rāma was fully aware of Sītā’s complete purity and innocence, but He could not tolerate the shame of having to hear that people were mocking Him in this way. Rāma made up His mind to abandon His unsuspecting wife, and called for Lakṣmaṇa.

“After killing Rāvaṇa. I also considered, ‘How can I take Sītā back to Ayodhyā?’ It was just to allay these doubts that I made the princess of Vidarbha enter the fire in the presence of all the demigods and ṛṣis. Vāyu and Agni declared that Sītā was pure, and within My heart, I also knew she was chaste, so I accepted her back. Now, however, rumors are spreading everywhere, and I am being blamed in My own kingdom. “O Lakṣmaṇa, a person who is the target of rumors suffers great humiliation and defamation. Ill deeds are always condemned, and that is what motivates the noble-minded toward good acts. I am ready to give up My life if necessary, to avoid public scandal. Indeed, I am ready to renounce You, My dear brother, for insuring My good name and reputation. Thus, what can be said of Sītā? I am drowning in an ocean of sorrow. Never before have I experienced such misfortune!

ram then tells lakshman to abandon sita near rishi valmikis ashram near a river,  after finding out that ram has dumped her sita says:

Upon hearing of her cruel destiny, Sītā immediately fainted. Then, coming to her senses, she pitifully cried out, “Now I can see that this life was awarded to me simply for suffering. What great sin did I commit in the past? What poor girl’s marriage did I obstruct to now cause Rāma to cast me off? “I faithfully followed my husband into exile and remained content, despite innumerable hardships. O Lakṣmaṇa, how shall I be able to survive here alone? What will I tell the ṛṣis when they ask me why I was abandoned? What wrong have I done? I would gladly end my life by throwing myself into the Gaṅgā, but that would bring about the end of Rāma’s dynasty.”

Valmiki Muni; Swami, Bhakti Vikasa. Ramayana — The Story of Lord Rama (pp. 533-534). Bhakti Vikas Trust. Kindle Edition. 

6 minutes ago, puzzled said:

the thing that makes you question ramayan and ram is how his honor was more important than his innocent wife! he knew that sita was innocent and didnt let ravan touch her yet he still sent her back to the forest because his honor was more important! and he couldnt take the gossip    a real man sticks by his woman!  she was pregnant as well!     

Hearing this, Bharda bowed to Rāma and replied, “Whether good or bad, I do not know. However, this is what people are saying in the marketplaces and in the city streets: ‘Rāma has performed an extraordinary feat by bridging the ocean and vanquishing the powerful Rāvaṇa. However, has it occurred to Him that He has brought home a woman who was abducted by the Rākṣasa king and forced to sit upon his lap? Does Rāma not feel disgust at enjoying a woman who remained with Rāvaṇa for almost one entire year?’ O Lord, these aSita re the things people are speaking about You.” Shocked and dismayed to hear this, Rāma then asked the other ministers if what Bharda had said was true. They all confirmed it was so. Rāma was fully aware of Sītā’s complete purity and innocence, but He could not tolerate the shame of having to hear that people were mocking Him in this way. Rāma made up His mind to abandon His unsuspecting wife, and called for Lakṣmaṇa.

“After killing Rāvaṇa. I also considered, ‘How can I take Sītā back to Ayodhyā?’ It was just to allay these doubts that I made the princess of Vidarbha enter the fire in the presence of all the demigods and ṛṣis. Vāyu and Agni declared that Sītā was pure, and within My heart, I also knew she was chaste, so I accepted her back. Now, however, rumors are spreading everywhere, and I am being blamed in My own kingdom. “O Lakṣmaṇa, a person who is the target of rumors suffers great humiliation and defamation. Ill deeds are always condemned, and that is what motivates the noble-minded toward good acts. I am ready to give up My life if necessary, to avoid public scandal. Indeed, I am ready to renounce You, My dear brother, for insuring My good name and reputation. Thus, what can be said of Sītā? I am drowning in an ocean of sorrow. Never before have I experienced such misfortune!

thing is Sita did Agnipariksha and passed which proved her innocence and still she was kicked out of her home because the guy who was telling him of the gossip didn't trust his own wife and threw her out .

Then there was a point at which he considered remarrying so I guess it wasn't so much of a heartbreak.

5 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

thing is Sita did Agnipariksha and passed which proved her innocence and still she was kicked out of her home because the guy who was telling him of the gossip didn't trust his own wife and threw her out .

Then there was a point at which he considered remarrying so I guess it wasn't so much of a heartbreak.

yh she walked through the fire and it didnt burn her, yet he still dumped her simply coz people were gossiping and it was harming his families honor.      not a very devta thing to do is it 

after 12 yrs or so when luv and kush were with their father sita was called back to ayodhya to once again prove her purity for the 3rd time! sita refused to prove her innocence before the slandering people and asked the earth her mother to open up and take her in if she is pure and innocent, the earth then opened up and took sita in. basically she never got justice and had to die to be prove her innocence 

this whole thing of people not getting justice in india obviously isn't a recent thing

also women being abandoned and disowned because they are not pure or innocent has been happening in india since the beginning as well.  during partition when abducted sikh/hindu girls used to return home after escaping most their families used to turn them away to keep the families "honor"     same happened with sitas character     not much has changed has it 

Now I have decided that if Sītā can prove her innocence before this assembly, then I shall again accept her as the wife I dearly love.” Everyone fell silent and all eyes became fixed upon Sītā, who stood with her gaze lowered and her head bent slightly downward. After a short pause, Sītā said to the assembly, “O goddess of the earth, please hear my petition. If, since the time of my marriage, I ever thought of anyone but Rāma, or if I ever loved any man but Rāma, then refuse me shelter. However, if I have only dwelt in Rāma in thought, word and action, then please give me a place within you so I need not experience the shame of facing these slanderous people.” While Sītā spoke, the earth suddenly opened up, and from the crevice the goddess Bhūmi majestically rose up, seated upon a golden throne borne by divine serpents. The goddess welcomed Sītā, took her in her arms and seated her at her side on the throne. Then, while from the sky and from the earth, the demigods and ṛṣis, kings and common people looked on in astonishment, the celestial throne slowly descended into the bowels of the earth. There was an uproar as all beings uttered exclamations of wonder, praising Sītā for this glorious confirmation of her purity. From the heavens, the demigods rained down showers of flowers, and there was singing, dancing and playing of musical instruments. After Sītā disappeared from sight, tears welled up in Rāma’s eyes and anger flared within His mind. Rāma lowered His head and declared, “Earth, I order you to return Sītā immediately. Open up and bring her here so we may again be united. Sītā is your daughter, and I am your son-inlaw. Give Me Sītā without delay or I shall crush your mountains, burn your forests and smash you into atoms!”

Valmiki Muni; Swami, Bhakti Vikasa. Ramayana — The Story of Lord Rama (p. 562). Bhakti Vikas Trust. Kindle Edition. 

35 minutes ago, puzzled said:

after 12 yrs or so when luv and kush were with their father sita was called back to ayodhya to once again prove her purity for the 3rd time! sita refused to prove her innocence before the slandering people and asked the earth her mother to open up and take her in if she is pure and innocent, the earth then opened up and took sita in. basically she never got justice and had to die to be prove her innocence 

this whole thing of people not getting justice in india obviously isn't a recent thing

also women being abandoned and disowned because they are not pure or innocent has been happening in india since the beginning as well.  during partition when abducted sikh/hindu girls used to return home after escaping most their families used to turn them away to keep the families "honor"     same happened with sitas character     not much has changed has it 

Now I have decided that if Sītā can prove her innocence before this assembly, then I shall again accept her as the wife I dearly love.” Everyone fell silent and all eyes became fixed upon Sītā, who stood with her gaze lowered and her head bent slightly downward. After a short pause, Sītā said to the assembly, “O goddess of the earth, please hear my petition. If, since the time of my marriage, I ever thought of anyone but Rāma, or if I ever loved any man but Rāma, then refuse me shelter. However, if I have only dwelt in Rāma in thought, word and action, then please give me a place within you so I need not experience the shame of facing these slanderous people.” While Sītā spoke, the earth suddenly opened up, and from the crevice the goddess Bhūmi majestically rose up, seated upon a golden throne borne by divine serpents. The goddess welcomed Sītā, took her in her arms and seated her at her side on the throne. Then, while from the sky and from the earth, the demigods and ṛṣis, kings and common people looked on in astonishment, the celestial throne slowly descended into the bowels of the earth. There was an uproar as all beings uttered exclamations of wonder, praising Sītā for this glorious confirmation of her purity. From the heavens, the demigods rained down showers of flowers, and there was singing, dancing and playing of musical instruments. After Sītā disappeared from sight, tears welled up in Rāma’s eyes and anger flared within His mind. Rāma lowered His head and declared, “Earth, I order you to return Sītā immediately. Open up and bring her here so we may again be united. Sītā is your daughter, and I am your son-inlaw. Give Me Sītā without delay or I shall crush your mountains, burn your forests and smash you into atoms!”

Valmiki Muni; Swami, Bhakti Vikasa. Ramayana — The Story of Lord Rama (p. 562). Bhakti Vikas Trust. Kindle Edition. 

throwing up questions about on numerous occasions and he still did not get it , he had no nimrata , just ahankar of his position, name, and sons . this is their prime example of manhood? a cheater, liar, ahankari, woman abuse ignorer(laxman chopping off nose of Ravan's sister) , accuser, faithless . A woman's value is only in her body being solely at her husband's whim , if she puts up with acccusations without complaints, allows anyone question her loyalty, behaviour and character even it means being accused of unfaithful behaviour. If he was really a man he should have taken it up with Ravan at the first instance. Ravan would have given him an answer then and there.
Actually Ravan never forced Sita , never took revenge for the disfigurement of his sister, he just took her to teach Ram a lesson for lying and cheating .

14 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

throwing up questions about on numerous occasions and he still did not get it , he had no nimrata , just ahankar of his position, name, and sons . this is their prime example of manhood? a cheater, liar, ahankari, woman abuse ignorer(laxman chopping off nose of Ravan's sister) , accuser, faithless . A woman's value is only in her body being solely at her husband's whim , if she puts up with acccusations without complaints, allows anyone question her loyalty, behaviour and character even it means being accused of unfaithful behaviour. If he was really a man he should have taken it up with Ravan at the first instance. Ravan would have given him an answer then and there.
Actually Ravan never forced Sita , never took revenge for the disfigurement of his sister, he just took her to teach Ram a lesson for lying and cheating .

It could very well be that Hindus see Rama as a flawed individual who had to overcome all his faults.