racist attack on bullied afghan sikh school boy in yorkshire uk

genie

Video showing attack on Leeds schoolboy at bus stop sends shockwaves on social media

Police confirmed the sickening video, showing the teenager being violently bullied, is being dealt with as a hate crime

By
Anne-Marie Senior
  • 17:20, 28 FEB 2020
2_Sikh1.jpg

A video showing the shocking moment a Leeds schoolboy was brutally attacked and narrowly avoided falling into traffic on a busy main road has emerged on social media.

The footage, believed to be of a 15-year-old pupil at Morley Academy, shows a boy wearing a traditional Sikh head-covering being violently punched nine times by another schoolboy close to a bus stop.

The unprovoked attack begins with the bully laughing and taunting the schoolboy, whilst being filmed and coaxed by other children standing on a nearby grass verge.

The thug then launches into a violent attack, landing up to nine punches on the boy -  the impact of which can be heard on camera.

As the Sikh boy tries to defend himself, he is pushed closer and closer towards the edge of a busy main road, dangerously stepping onto the carriageway at one point.

Seeing the danger, the onlookers shout: "On the grass, get on the grass". The bully eventually allows the boy to walk off as a bus approaches the bus stop.

The video was shared on Twitter by Sunny Osahn on Thursday and has already had 26,000 views and more than 720 shares.

Accompanying the video footage, Sunny posted: "If this 15yo Sikh boy ends his own life, would you even care?

"I’ve had a FaceTime with him for the past 3 hrs.

"He has faced relentless bullying since year 7 (11/12yo). Now in year 10 he is petrified of going to school. He has nobody to turn to and targeted daily for being Sikh.

"You have failed him @themorleyacad, because you blame HIM for his bully’s racist, hateful actions and you’ve given NO support.

"Not only is this boy a minority in the fact that he is Sikh, but he is an Afghan Sikh.

"His parents do not speak English (well) and are lucky to have settled here in Leeds... But imagine fleeing a war-torn country only for your child to be filled with terror every day of his life."

Nearly 300 followers commented on the post, expressing shock and outrage and calling for action.

Among those reeling was Kam Rai, deputy leader of Redbridge Council, who called on Leeds City Council and MPs.

He wrote: @LeedsCC_News@LeedsCC_News@RachelReevesMP@RichardBurgon@alexsobel@FabianLeedsNE@hilarybennmp anyone of you willing to take this before it goes too far?"

One user Rob @rancidnecro said: "Anyone locally with any decency should help the lad out, racists are all Billy big b******s when they have a numbers advantage, but they will soon melt away when confronted. Hope the lad gets some help."

Simranjeet Singh @SimSingh101 said: "I can get some Singhs together and literally walk him to and from school everyday and help him in any other way."

While another tweeter @MissCentury wrote: "What can we do from further afield or outwith the Sikh community to help and support? Heart breaking, please tell him that a lot of people DO care."

Morley Academy said they unable to comment when they were contacted by LeedsLive.

But West Yorkshire Police Superintendent Jackie Marsh, of the Safer Leeds Partnership, said: "We are aware of footage currently circulating on social media and a comprehensive partnership response is in place.

“A hate crime has been recorded and we are working closely with the family of the boy.

“As per their request, the matter is being resolved via the school concerned in conjunction with our Safer Schools Liaison Officer.

“We will continue to monitor the situation to ensure there is no repeat and where necessary providing support to the local community.”

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds-news/video-showing-attack-leeds-schoolboy-17834752

Sadly its growing problem especially if your easily identified as a turban wearing sikh male.

We need teach our boys to fight like MMA fighters, boxers and street fighters not mere circus act gatka type martial "artists".

Our youth are taught to be weak liberal left wing idiots while most blacks and whites are more ethno-nationalist and most muslims are more far right islamists who are teaching their kids to be strong dominant confident and fighters. And ironically beautiful women tend to be attracted to and breed more with men who show more right wing passion, aggression, confidence and violent nature than those who are seen as weak and stand for everything or nothing.

On 3/4/2020 at 9:14 PM, genie said:

Our youth are taught to be weak liberal left wing idiots

Who teaches them to be like that?  I think it's the parents.  All the parents are interested in is school, tuition and grades,  nothing wrong with that    but it's all they care about.    Kids in return end up selfish and far to high up their own backsides.  

Parents are also to blame for the ultra liberal culture    they let their kids be liberal    they gave them the ok.  

Just a few weeks ago I saw punjabi kids around 14/15 yrs old nearly 10pm in the high street running around screaming like lunatics. One boy who was a singh with dhumalla and 4 punjabi girls in short skirts.   Why their parents let kids out at that time? Why their parents let their daughter wear short clothes?    Are the parents dead? 

Other south asian counterparts have managed to keep their culture and religion intact and dont give a sh1t about what anyone thinks of them

What else do you think contributes to it...  ? 

13 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Society.  Peers.  Media.  Erroneous religious interpretations.  Apathy.   A lack of experience or knowledge.  Lax or ignorant parenting.  Karams.

But why are some ethnicities more influenced by this than others ? Why have some punjabis fallen for this? 

I haven't seen many liberal westernized Somalis or bangladeshis. How comes these kind of ethnicities haven't fallen for it. 

From my experience hindus are more liberal and westernized than punjabis are 

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

But why are some ethnicities more influenced by this than others ? Why have some punjabis fallen for this? 

I haven't seen many liberal westernized Somalis or bangladeshis. How comes these kind of ethnicities haven't fallen for it. 

From my experience hindus are more liberal and westernized than punjabis are 

Controversial and minus any hard science on my part, but a genetic predisposition to ingratiate themselves with the ruling class, which gets more pronounced the higher a person ascends the social ladder?  The added twist in our instance is when there's some negative feedback from other Sikhs who don't exhibit these traits and they highlight this weasley behaviour, there's a tendency to resort to religiously based fallacies and distortions in order to justify said behaviour. So, one could argue that the greater somebody steeps themselves in worldly knowledge and principles, the more susceptible they are to rejecting the realities of life experience that contradict their programming even in the face of overwhelming evidence. I dunno, bro, I'm no sociologist, I'm a joiner and occasional tiler. ?