Food stalls india

puzzled

5 hours ago, puzzled said:

in the west obviously most people are hygienic, but i have to say in india only religious sikhs are hygienic tbh. Pinds are cleaner than the shehrs, shehrs are filthy. Gurdware in general are cleaner than mansirs and darghas. mandirs and dargahs are not very clean.

My nani was amritdhari and was very hygienic, always washed her hands before making roti, made sure her chunni wasnt on the floor when kneeling down and cooking, rolled the bottom of her salwar slightly up when cleaning. always washed her hands, her daughter inlaw   my mami was the complete opposite, my mami wasnt a sikh and her salwar used to be covered in cow dung and whatever dirt she dragged around with her from the floor. she never washed her hands, i dont even think she brushed her teeth or washed everyday.    horrible. 

how did your nani says han to that bahu ? ...I agree generally religious sikhs have better hygiene than most  . I've found and its has been a source of amusement to be called 'a dirty paki' by a scruffy unwashed nose encrusted white lads who reeked of stale pee and ish as a kid  in the playground growing up when all I smelt of was soap and comfort fabric conditioner  . Even now I notice that goray visiting Indian Gurdwarey are taken aback by the level of cleaning we do in langar and parikarma etc not to mention at darbar Sahib .

15 hours ago, puzzled said:

in the west obviously most people are hygienic, but i have to say in india only religious sikhs are hygienic tbh. Pinds are cleaner than the shehrs, shehrs are filthy. Gurdware in general are cleaner than mansirs and darghas. mandirs and dargahs are not very clean.

My nani was amritdhari and was very hygienic, always washed her hands before making roti, made sure her wasnt on the floor when kneeling down and cooking, rolled the bottom of her salwar slightly up when cleaning. always washed her hands, her daughter inlaw   my mami was the complete opposite, my mami wasnt a sikh and her salwar used to be covered in cow dung and whatever dirt she dragged around with her from the floor. she never washed her hands, i dont even think she brushed her teeth or washed everyday.    horrible. 

Western people are not a lot of them very hygienic

a lot don’t wash hands before eating food or after going toilet

in India it’s mainly only the poor who are not hygienic in my experience

13 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

how did your nani says han to that bahu ? ...I agree generally religious sikhs have better hygiene than most  . I've found and its has been a source of amusement to be called 'a dirty paki' by a scruffy unwashed nose encrusted white lads who reeked of stale pee and ish as a kid  in the playground growing up when all I smelt of was soap and comfort fabric conditioner  . Even now I notice that goray visiting Indian Gurdwarey are taken aback by the level of cleaning we do in langar and parikarma etc not to mention at darbar Sahib .

My mami is from a sikh family but she never lived as a sikh. She believed in devi devte and used to do pooja of the photos of durga and Lakshmi in her room. She also followed a lot of dera type babeh and used to go to them for advice. She used to have weird superstitions like she kept stones under her pillow, didnt wash her hair certain days, the manjha had to be positioned certain way.   Every decision she made she used to consult the pakandi babeh and Matas first. Got kundli made for her kids. When her son was getting married she set the date according to the kundli. Marriage ended up divorced and he soon died. Fat load of help the kundli was ...

The number of times she read japji sahib she probably can count it on one hand.   My nani on the other hand was a amritdhari and because of their different beliefs they clashed a lot.

Hygiene was definitely one thing my nani used to have a go at her for  but she never listened, she never even used to wash her hands b4 making roti.

My nani used to wake up 3am in the morning do nitnem, sweep the house, sweep the path leading from our house all the way to the pind the gurdwara and clean the gurdwara with bucket and water and cloth  and then come back, my mami on the other hand used to role out of bed at 9am.

My nani did a lot of dhaan aswell  she gave a lot of money to the poor ravidassia community to help get their daughters married off, she helped so many poor people from her pind go abroad by giving them money  even all the way back in the 60s and 70s.  To this day we used to have NRI bazurgs who my nani helped move abroad back in the 60s and 70s visit our house because they they were so grateful. 

My mami on the other hand used to take wheat, almonds, money and what not and give it to the babeh she followed. She gave so much money to these fake babeh and matas!

Never met 2 women so different yet in the same house! 

4 minutes ago, puzzled said:

My mami is from a sikh family but she never lived as a sikh. She believed in devi devte and used to do pooja of the photos of durga and Lakshmi in her room. She also followed a lot of dera type babeh and used to go to them for advice. She used to have weird superstitions like she kept stones under her pillow, didnt wash her hair certain days, the manjha had to be positioned certain way.   Every decision she made she used to consult the pakandi babeh and Matas first. Got kundli made for her kids. When her son was getting married she set the date according to the kundli. Marriage ended up divorced and he soon died. Fat load of help the kundli was ...

I hate to break it to you, but I'm guessing she wasn't visiting these individuals and places for a chat over a cuppa and some biscuits. Safe to say she was involved in witchcraft based on what you've described. 

11 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

I hate to break it to you, but I'm guessing she wasn't visiting these individuals and places for a chat over a cuppa and some biscuits. Safe to say she was involved in witchcraft based on what you've described. 

yh im pretty sure she practiced that sh1t. her peke practiced jadoo toona as well, my nani was saying how when that woman first came to our house after she got married the nxt morning my mama found a bunch of beads tucked under his pillow lol!     

same thing happened with her daughter in law!  her daughter in law found beads tucked under her pillow as well. her daughter in law then showed my nani the beads and my nani told her to throw the beads in the fire under the chula.   

this is what my nani had to live with her whole life!   

shes now moved to canada and was telling my mum that shes found a mandir in her neighborhood and goes there all the time  lol!     no surprises there then ...

59 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

What's a kundli?

its basically a birth chart that bhamans make for you, it looks like a diagram. you tell them your date of birth, time of birth and place and they make a chart for you which predicts the events in your life, it also includes stuff like auspicious phases and bad/dark phases in your life and all the rest.     so when you get married you take the kundlis of the boy and girl to the bhamans and he checks if the kundlis correspond, if they dont then the marriage is bad luck, if they do correspond then they need to match the kundlis and see which time and date would be auspicious for the marriage,      if you get married at the wrong date and time then the marriage is doomed lol       i think kundlis are based on the stars and the solar system and eclipses etc 

kundlis also tell you if you are mangleek, if you are then your supposed to get married to a tree first. 

my mami matched her son/ my cousins kundli with his wife to be and asked the bhaman what the right date for the marriage would be etc and the bhaman at the mandir gave her a date.  the marriage flopped within a year and my cousin soon after passed away .....

still don't know why people follow this rubbish to this day

15 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Western people are not a lot of them very hygienic

a lot don’t wash hands before eating food or after going toilet

in India it’s mainly only the poor who are not hygienic in my experience

Yh in public toilets iv seen goreh not washing their hands after p1ssing. That's just nasty. 

10 hours ago, puzzled said:

yh im pretty sure she practiced that sh1t. her peke practiced jadoo toona as well, my nani was saying how when that woman first came to our house after she got married the nxt morning my mama found a bunch of beads tucked under his pillow lol!     

same thing happened with her daughter in law!  her daughter in law found beads tucked under her pillow as well. her daughter in law then showed my nani the beads and my nani told her to throw the beads in the fire under the chula.   

this is what my nani had to live with her whole life!   

shes now moved to canada and was telling my mum that shes found a mandir in her neighborhood and goes there all the time  lol!     no surprises there then ...

Scummy women, and it is overwhelmingly women who instigate these demonic transactions. I don't understand why people who have the gift of Sikhi available to them, turn to these devilish ways. Bad karams. 

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Scummy women, and it is overwhelmingly women who instigate these demonic transactions. I don't understand why people who have the gift of Sikhi available to them, turn to these devilish ways. Bad karams. 

I think they think that the manipulation of these 'occult' forces are a more potent and ready way to manipulate energies to obtain what they want. In contrast to Sikhi, where the obtaining of wealth/status for selfish reasons isn't exactly encouraged - okay, it's not 'banned' so to speak, but umpteen sakhis (like Bhai Lalo's, the Khatri with the pin, Dasmesh padshah throwing gold karay and jewels in rivers) clearly demonstrate a hierarchy where the spiritual and humanity is considered higher than material wealth.  

Women might be more inclined towards this because they don't feel like they have as many avenues to pursue their wants than men in a male dominated economy, plus they often have a more 'mystical' (cough, cough) conception of the world and are more likely to use such methods. That being said, some blokes can be fudhus along these lines too, and plenty do ar5elick some dera baba for the same reason. The Indic brain seems inclined to use these magical 'agencies' to gain things. 

What I find troubling is that they never consider hukam and how Akaal Purakh through the universe is trying to teach them  important messages through any perceived times of hardship. Instead they are obsessed with their status and I think this drives them this way. Another more understandable thing is when women are stuck in some relationship they totally detest and then out of desperation go to the occultists to try and remedy the trap they feel they are in.