Khalsa Aid International Finances 2019

Guest guest29

I dont know what to make of ravi singh. He seems like a very charitable and good person yet alot of ego. He is able to access area's of the world that normal every day Sikhs would never be able to visit. He was able to get into war torn taliban ruled afghanistan, jihadi run somalia back in the 90s. He comes from British military RAF background. He concentrates most of his efforts for a supposed Sikh charity on helping non-sikh causes.

And then his charity has unexplained financial figures that many Sikhs have questioned. And some have even said he is working for the british military establishment. But I'm not so sure. He often posts about stuff concerning the indian government and its genocidal and poor treatment of Sikhs and I think he also supports Khalistan. I just don't know what to make of him.

But one thing I am very sure of is that I would not donate any money for a Sikh charity that doesn't put its resources into exclusively helping Sikhs only. We have no one looking out for us and yet we wasting money on non-sikh communities who will never return the favor for us or come to our aid when we needed or need it.

On 4/15/2020 at 10:24 AM, S1ngh said:

Did any non-Sikh organization stepped up and helped any Sikhs during partition of 1947, 1984 attack, Sikh widows and other Sikh poor families when whole generation of 250k Sikh youth got shaheed. What about Delhi Sikh genocide? How about Vanjaray Sikhs, Sikhligar Sikhs? Name any non-Sikh organization spending millions helping Sikhs ever?

Sure Sikhs should help anyone but top priority must be Sikhs. If I run a Sikh organization, I would spend at least 90% of its budget on helping Sikhs. 

Well said, completely agree

On 4/15/2020 at 10:24 AM, S1ngh said:

Did any non-Sikh organization stepped up and helped any Sikhs during partition of 1947, 1984 attack, Sikh widows and other Sikh poor families when whole generation of 250k Sikh youth got shaheed. What about Delhi Sikh genocide? How about Vanjaray Sikhs, Sikhligar Sikhs? Name any non-Sikh organization spending millions helping Sikhs ever?

Sure Sikhs should help anyone but top priority must be Sikhs. If I run a Sikh organization, I would spend at least 90% of its budget on helping Sikhs. 

The western charities do not make allowances for the stupidity of Khalsa Aid, They would rightly assume that a small minority which has numerous and pressing problems would be helping their own comunity. None of the big charities would blame KA or any other Sikh charity for helping just Sikhs. So when they see Khalsa Aid rushing off to places like Haiti, British Virgin Islands,  Kosovo, Syria naturally these non-sikh charities assume that Sikhs have no need for charity themselves. If KA did not exist then maybe charities would be more conducive for helping Sikhs. 

Now Ravi Singh wants to make Khalsa Aid into a £100 million organisation, wants Sikhs to donate more, complains that £4 million is nothing! Wants to change the world for the better! What a joker.

I think that Sikhs who have been questioning him and who he keeps blocking on twitter is now getting to him and he is now claiming that Khalsa Aid will work more in Punjab and India. 

• 2 weeks later...

All of you are right that Ravi Singh running khalasa aid for his personal gains not for Sikhs. As his donation  comes from Sikhs but goes to non sikhs and foreigners and he is being promoted by all non sikh foreign channels.  for getting his name on channels he is doing all this drama. In the Name of khalsa aid he is collecting money from Sikhs and giving to non-Sikhs because he Is promoted by non sikhs TV channels. which is totally against Sikhism. All his donations work is against Guru Granth sahib and our 10th Guru's orders.
      Look at this given video link of Namdhari baba, this video is eye opener for everyone. We may not like Namdharis but his love for Sikhi is remarkable.

I really am on the fence about this (and i'm not standing up for them), I've met Ravi a few times and he's a decent guy who always want's to do the right thing but i thing but Khalsa Aid has grown a lot over the last few years and managing an charity is a huge task, one which he isn't that experienced in and i think it's lost focus from what it was originally set up to do.

He's always said Khalsa Aid was a Humanitarian Charity who help where there is need, we sit here and judge them for helping in Syria, Iran, Afghanistan and not so much in Punjab, I personally don't have an issue with that, to me a charity should help and not look at the race or religion of those they help, if you want to donate to a charity that specifically helps a certain religion then you should donate to them, simple. I donate to Unique Home in Jalandhar who specifically help girls who have been abandoned, it's very difficult for international charities to operate in Punjab due to the amount of politics and red tape (although some have managed to do it) so i donate to a charity based over there that i know have been vetted and are legit.

I've never understood the hate towards Khalsa Aid, specifically Ravi Singh, i think even if he was devoting 100% of his time to causes in Punjab someone would get up and take issue with that, each to their won i suppose.

23 hours ago, ramneeksingh said:

All of you are right that Ravi Singh running khalasa aid for his personal gains not for Sikhs. As his donation  comes from Sikhs but goes to non sikhs and foreigners and he is being promoted by all non sikh foreign channels.  for getting his name on channels he is doing all this drama. In the Name of khalsa aid he is collecting money from Sikhs and giving to non-Sikhs because he Is promoted by non sikhs TV channels. which is totally against Sikhism. All his donations work is against Guru Granth sahib and our 10th Guru's orders.
      Look at this given video link of Namdhari baba, this video is eye opener for everyone. We may not like Namdharis but his love for Sikhi is remarkable.

Really good. Thanks for sharing this

• The topic was unpinned