Khalsa Aid International Finances 2019

Guest guest29

13 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Anyone know /met Ravi Singh? I don’t agree with what Khalsa aid are doing, but I have seen him speak about 10 years ago and he seemed good hearted 

I've met him a few times, i mentioned it in an earlier post, he's very passionate about what he does and is good-hearted, he's the type of person that want's to fix all the wrong's in the world, i think that Khalsa Aid has grown so fast so quickly that it need's to be managed properly which i don't think it was up until recently.

On 4/16/2020 at 11:51 PM, genie said:

I dont know what to make of ravi singh. He seems like a very charitable and good person yet alot of ego. He is able to access area's of the world that normal every day Sikhs would never be able to visit. He was able to get into war torn taliban ruled afghanistan, jihadi run somalia back in the 90s. He comes from British military RAF background. He concentrates most of his efforts for a supposed Sikh charity on helping non-sikh causes.

And then his charity has unexplained financial figures that many Sikhs have questioned. And some have even said he is working for the british military establishment. But I'm not so sure. He often posts about stuff concerning the indian government and its genocidal and poor treatment of Sikhs and I think he also supports Khalistan. I just don't know what to make of him.

But one thing I am very sure of is that I would not donate any money for a Sikh charity that doesn't put its resources into exclusively helping Sikhs only. We have no one looking out for us and yet we wasting money on non-sikh communities who will never return the favor for us or come to our aid when we needed or need it.

If he was Western, i.e. white, based on the information in bold, I'd say he was dead-on intelligence services. That's not normal. I can't start a Sikh charity tomorrow and end up in those places even after a year.

12 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

If he was Western, i.e. white, based on the information in bold, I'd say he was dead-on intelligence services. That's not normal. I can't start a Sikh charity tomorrow and end up in those places even after a year.

Could be. 

17 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

Do what they want to do but stop using Sikhi to build a brand, multi-millionaire institution when Sikhi does not come first imo

Why is it wrong to be inspired by Sikhi in order to help people? Sikhi coming first does not mean helping Sikhs first. Do you think Bhai Ghanaiya first made sure every Sikh in the battlefield was served water or he served whoever was in need? By this mentality, we would never help anybody apart from Sikhs, because it is highly unlikely that the entire kaum be well off and not even a single poor Sikh stays in the world. We don't live in Khalsa raaj yet, neither we can get Khalsa raaj if we're seen as a community that only helps their own people.

If Muslims do not help us that's their choice, why does it always have to be give and take? It is about Sewa, it is not a deal. If it's a deal, how's it sewa? Sewa literally means selfLESS service.

17 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

Do what they want to do but stop using Sikhi to build a brand, multi-millionaire institution when Sikhi does not come first imo

Why is it wrong to be inspired by Sikhi in order to help people? Sikhi coming first does not mean helping Sikhs first. Do you think Bhai Ghanaiya first made sure every Sikh in the battlefield was served water or he served whoever was in need? By this mentality, we would never help anybody apart from Sikhs, because it is highly unlikely that the entire kaum be well off and not even a single poor Sikh stays in the world. We don't live in Khalsa raaj yet, neither we can get Khalsa raaj if we're seen as a community that only helps their own people.

If Muslims do not help us that's their choice, why does it always have to be give and take? It is about Sewa, it is not a deal. If it's a deal, how's it sewa? Sewa literally means selfLESS service.

1 hour ago, Khaaik said:

If you are still asking the same question after there have been countless threads answering it then I think you should just accept the fact that you are either too stupid or too obstinate to understand this issue. 

10 minutes ago, proactive said:

If you are still asking the same question after there have been countless threads answering it then I think you should just accept the fact that you are either too stupid or too obstinate to understand this issue. 

Yes I'm stupid no doubt but the thing is I'm looking at it from an idealistic perspective trying to look at Sikhi as well rather than only look at it as politics and data. It's not necessary for me to agree with the things in the other threads. I apologize if diversity in opinions is not welcome in this thread.

No need to play the victim here. There are enough responses from myself and other posters showing you that the Bhai Kanhaiya example does not fit into the way Khalsa Aid is working. There are even examples from Guru Gobind Singh's Bani stating that he is happy when the Khalsa is helped and charity to others is useless. It's interesting that Khalsa Aid uses the Guru's "recognise the whole humanity as one" quote but not where the Guru states that Khalsa should only be helped. In the end if KHALSA AID was AID TO THE KHALSA and not AID FROM THE KHALSA then they would be better in line with what Sikhs think is the need of the hour. 

• The topic was unpinned