Khalsa Aid International Finances 2019

Guest guest29

I've been thinking about this all week. I think they do have good intentions and they have helped bring positive image of Sikhs in media, and Ravi does speak against India and 84' but as they grown they completely sidetracked.  

i think over the years have lost their focus, and not just KA but others have gone over board with free food and the only time we are in media is when langar is severed. Cosying up to muslims esp Pakistan is shooting yourself in the foot and we see that time time again, esp how helping support Kashmir and speaking against CAA resulted in. 

I understand we do need positive image in media esp with the power of Indian media bias against us, it pi### these hindus off seeing us not under their thumb and distancing ourselves from Hindus and India. But again trying to win Muslims to support us is dead end zone. We should keep relationship with Muslims and other communities at bay. We have and never will have allies. So need to to expecting the world to help us. Nobody is going to help us. 

If we were rich community, had our house in order, no problems in Punjab then would definitely support KA and others for those in need, but we don't, and if majority donations goes helping non-Sikhs, then i dont think they should capitalize on Sikhi and  Khalsa for growing their institution. Just like you have Jewish, Islam, Christian charities that help their own and own only, so should those that want to be 'Sikh' charity. If we had no problems by all means help every corner in the world, but we dont. We need to bring attention to those charites 100%  focused on helping Punjab and Sikhs. Personally we support Manukhta Di Sewa, and when possible or when we go India, ask family over there to donate clothes, books etc. Your seva does say has 100% donation policy and focused on helping 84 victims, though haven't donated to them, know we that do and seem to be ok with what they do. 

https://www.instagram.com/yoursevaorg/?hl=en

@puzzled

@Jonny101  @kcmidlands  @proactive

On 6/17/2020 at 8:51 PM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh said:

This has got to be the longest thread in history in which people who do absolutely nothing anywhere criticise people who do pretty much everything everywhere. I mean you do realise, don't you, that there is no law against you setting up a charity and helping people the way you want them to be helped. Don't you ? 

I haven't set up a charity but I do donate to charities that help Sikhs. Your attitude is the same as someone says to anyone who criticises the way a Gurdwara committee runs a Gurdwara "Go and set up your own Gurdwara if you think you can do better". Total idiocy and sycophancy. Khalsa Aid is an ideal charity for a self hating Sikh like you. 

Sat Shri Akal sariyan nu to the reply of @Khaaik I feel everyone here have faith and live life accordingly Gurubani. Here is a explanation of @khaaik question. For more reference you may check the youtube link. I think Thakur Dalip Singh has valid point. We should serve to our own people(Sikhs) first, then we should serve to the rest of the world. Our Sikh community is getting shrink day by day because lack of the money, if we can't help our brothers or sisters when they are in need then who gonna help?

Why christian community is getting bigger and stronger? Have you ever seen this community doing social service to other community? Have you ever seen them donating food, money, providing other things without converting into christian? Have you? @Khaaik 

@proactive@Sikhi4Ever @Kau89r8 @GurjantGnostic @puzzled @AjeetSingh2019

photo_2020-06-27_19-32-19.jpg

15 hours ago, mankeerat said:

Sat Shri Akal sariyan nu to the reply of @Khaaik I feel everyone here have faith and live life accordingly Gurubani. Here is a explanation of @khaaik question. For more reference you may check the youtube link. I think Thakur Dalip Singh has valid point. We should serve to our own people(Sikhs) first, then we should serve to the rest of the world. Our Sikh community is getting shrink day by day because lack of the money, if we can't help our brothers or sisters when they are in need then who gonna help?

Why christian community is getting bigger and stronger? Have you ever seen this community doing social service to other community? Have you ever seen them donating food, money, providing other things without converting into christian? Have you? @Khaaik 

@proactive@Sikhi4Ever @Kau89r8 @GurjantGnostic @puzzled @AjeetSingh2019

photo_2020-06-27_19-32-19.jpg

Thanks for sharing

• 3 months later...

https://www.scoopwhoop.com/news/khalsa-aid-volunteers-provide-food-to-farmers-protesting-in-punjab/

Khalsa Aid Comes To The Rescue Yet Again: Volunteers Provide Food To Farmers Protesting In Punjab

Pradamini Kumari

Sep 26, 2020 at 12:27

284 shares | 5788 views 

NEWS

Over the past few days, farmers have taken to the streets, across several states, to protest the passing of the three agriculture reform bills in the Parliament.

And, in a bid to express their support to the farmers, volunteers from Khalsa Aid, an UK-based international Sikh charity were seen distributing food and water to the protesters.

5 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

What it says is "No employees earn over 60k for this charity", your takeaway from that is 10 employees earn £60,000 each, that really is clutching at straws, looking through their accounts from last year the annual salary bill comes to about £180,000, if that's split between 10 people then either they have a lot of underpaid staff or they just earn normal salaries, for comparison, it may be worth your while looking up what other charities pay their bosses e.g. The British Council.

Surely there's more productive things that could be done rather than constantly go after Khalsa Aid, maybe look up some of the allegations leveled at The Baru Sahib Trust or something.

• The topic was unpinned