Khalsa Aid International Finances 2019

Guest guest29

On 3/14/2020 at 6:56 AM, puzzled said:

I only give charity to the british sikh council. They do a lot of work and have  videos showing the development of their projects    so I guess they are reliable! 

dont believe them either,  I learned British sikh council had been doing very great job until a couple years back when they started making their school in Punjab. they fundraised under the name of Siglighar sikhs (well british sikh council had been very vocal about siglighar/ financially poor sikhs living in other states of india),  and had been saying that this organisation is devoted to nitaaney sikhs who cant afford to study etc etc, but guess what, their schoolin punjab is up and running now and none of the student is siglighar. This organisation had been doing a very great job in the past, organising amrit sanchaars, building Gurdwaras in other states of India, helping siglighars visit Harmandar Sahib, Amritsar etc etc, but sadly from last a couple years, Bhai Tarsem Singh ji and his companions aren't doing sewa for those gareeb sikhs. Their new school that they built in Punjab is just another private shcool charging hefty monies from children studying there. initially that school was made solely to bring sigligar bacche from other states of india and help to get them schooling (education) in Punjab since they cant afford to study. nowadays, this sanstha is fundraising in UK and not even a single sigligar/ poor sikh has been helped. if someone knows bhai tarsem singh deol  jil, please remind him what this sanstha was started for and if they can again focus to do sewa for people like them. otherwise whosoever misused sangat's money in the end has to give lekha to akal Purakh and Sangat. 

On 12/20/2020 at 9:51 AM, Guest ronny said:

dont believe them either,  I learned British sikh council had been doing very great job until a couple years back when they started making their school in Punjab. they fundraised under the name of Siglighar sikhs (well british sikh council had been very vocal about siglighar/ financially poor sikhs living in other states of india),  and had been saying that this organisation is devoted to nitaaney sikhs who cant afford to study etc etc, but guess what, their schoolin punjab is up and running now and none of the student is siglighar. This organisation had been doing a very great job in the past, organising amrit sanchaars, building Gurdwaras in other states of India, helping siglighars visit Harmandar Sahib, Amritsar etc etc, but sadly from last a couple years, Bhai Tarsem Singh ji and his companions aren't doing sewa for those gareeb sikhs. Their new school that they built in Punjab is just another private shcool charging hefty monies from children studying there. initially that school was made solely to bring sigligar bacche from other states of india and help to get them schooling (education) in Punjab since they cant afford to study. nowadays, this sanstha is fundraising in UK and not even a single sigligar/ poor sikh has been helped. if someone knows bhai tarsem singh deol  jil, please remind him what this sanstha was started for and if they can again focus to do sewa for people like them. otherwise whosoever misused sangat's money in the end has to give lekha to akal Purakh and Sangat. 

I'm not sure about the school they built, but I started donating to their Sikligar projects, I still do, a bit pointless if they haven't given places to poor Sikh kids in this new school then!  

On 12/20/2020 at 9:51 AM, Guest ronny said:

Do you have proof that there are no Sikligar, Banjara or Kabirpanth/Satnami children studying there? Here is the news report that came out when the foundations of the schools were laid. It clearly states that children from these communities as well as children fro, poor families in the local area will be educated there. 

No photo description available.

Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh
On 6/17/2020 at 8:51 PM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh said:

This has got to be the longest thread in history in which people who do absolutely nothing anywhere criticise people who do pretty much everything everywhere. I mean you do realise, don't you, that there is no law against you setting up a charity and helping people the way you want them to be helped. Don't you ? 

? Just read the whole long thread again and it's seems like this guy ^ was the only one that said what you're all suddenly believing in now. The only one :) 

why would sikhlilgar want to send their kids all the way to panjab to get educated?  why don't they just fund them to attend their local sarkari school (give them money for fees or uniform etc)?

charities commission should audit their uk finances

On 12/25/2020 at 8:54 PM, Guest guest said:

why would sikhlilgar want to send their kids all the way to panjab to get educated?  why don't they just fund them to attend their local sarkari school (give them money for fees or uniform etc)?

charities commission should audit their uk finances

They do finance them in local schools. They also built Gurdwaras in the places where large numbers of them live. The longer term aim I think is to expand their link with Punjab. There was also a project to see if they will settle in Punjab as this will solve a lot of their issues. Their children could attend schools in Punjab and become assimilated into Punjab and their parents and older children would be able to find jobs in Punjab. At the moment their main sources of employment is making knives, locks and other items in their villages and then travel for many weeks and months in the towns and cities in order to sell them. This is hardly sustainable and when household items are now being made much cheaper in factories or even imported from China. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest No one

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Maharaj Ji Kirpa Rakhan sara ta firstly. I just want to say we look at the millions our mind always turns to maya, even more what ours are doing right or wrong but we forget our main purpose focus on Guru Maharaj Ji. We can give dasvand to who we feel is right and we should and its a hukum sangat Ji. But if our dasvand is not getting used right with out knowledge we all no Maharaj Ji sees everything in the end noting is hidden in front of Maharaj Ji.

We should do ardas for people who are trying to help instead of judging we are not here to judge and if we feel help is needed we should get ourselves with Maharaj Ji kirpa and help ourselves where its needed ji. 

Sorry if i offend anyone. Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh 

He does not come accross as being very humble.  When he is on tv it's all about him, never heard him praise the other volunteers or the people who donate.  I agree with all the comments, he seems to want to.come across as a one man army.  Regarding drawing a salary, he has bills to pay like we all do but a little transparency would be welcomed.  People who donate money should.know where the money goes, a full detailed account should be published to the sangat so they can make an informed choice to donate or not.

On 6/15/2020 at 3:53 AM, proactive said:

A good way of putting aside money for charity is to keep like an empty plastic  ice cream tub and everyday you come home look through your change in your pocket and take out any coins 20p and lower. Put these in the container and do this for a few months. You will be amazed at how much you will have saved up and you will probably not even miss this money. 

That's not a bad idea. But what you're really supposed to be doing is reserving 10%of your income as dasvandh.

So, not pennies, but rather 10 rupees out of every 100. Or pound. Or dollar.

On 1/6/2021 at 11:59 PM, Guest Truth said:

He does not come accross as being very humble.  When he is on tv it's all about him, never heard him praise the other volunteers or the people who donate.  I agree with all the comments, he seems to want to.come across as a one man army.  Regarding drawing a salary, he has bills to pay like we all do but a little transparency would be welcomed.  People who donate money should.know where the money goes, a full detailed account should be published to the sangat so they can make an informed choice to donate or not.

Thw charity commission website accounts for KA is the best you can expect. I would rather pass money through people I know and trust on the ground so that all of it reaches who it is intended for rather than pay for people's expenses and salaries. 

• The topic was unpinned