Khalsa Aid International Finances 2019

Guest guest29

On 12/20/2020 at 1:51 AM, Guest ronny said:

dont believe them either,  I learned British sikh council had been doing very great job until a couple years back when they started making their school in Punjab. they fundraised under the name of Siglighar sikhs (well british sikh council had been very vocal about siglighar/ financially poor sikhs living in other states of india),  and had been saying that this organisation is devoted to nitaaney sikhs who cant afford to study etc etc, but guess what, their schoolin punjab is up and running now and none of the student is siglighar. This organisation had been doing a very great job in the past, organising amrit sanchaars, building Gurdwaras in other states of India, helping siglighars visit Harmandar Sahib, Amritsar etc etc, but sadly from last a couple years, Bhai Tarsem Singh ji and his companions aren't doing sewa for those gareeb sikhs. Their new school that they built in Punjab is just another private shcool charging hefty monies from children studying there. initially that school was made solely to bring sigligar bacche from other states of india and help to get them schooling (education) in Punjab since they cant afford to study. nowadays, this sanstha is fundraising in UK and not even a single sigligar/ poor sikh has been helped. if someone knows bhai tarsem singh deol  jil, please remind him what this sanstha was started for and if they can again focus to do sewa for people like them. otherwise whosoever misused sangat's money in the end has to give lekha to akal Purakh and Sangat. 

Shaheed Singhs would not even eat lentils meant for the movement when they themselves were starving. The stark contrast. I would not want to misuse Daswand. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ravinder

Yes there is something fishy about Khalsa Aid. I checked their financial statement    for the FY 2019. I just can’t digest a fact that travel cost for their operations within India is 23000 pounds which is nearly equipped to 23 lakh rupees whereas salary expenditure is just 3640 pounds. There is no information about their India operations whether they employ people or all individuals voluntarily work or if KA has employees in India what is their number. And 23 lakh travel expenditures  in India is way way too much. Most of the their is only concentrated in Punjab. I m sure they are siphoning off the money by generating fake receipts and false financial statements. 

Guest 91Singh

No one here has provided any evidence of fraud just mere speculation. Yes it’s a relatively large amount of money but if you go on charity commissions website they have submitted independently audited accounts. If you have evidence of financial impropriety I would recommend you take your complaint to the charity commission who will conduct their own investigation, otherwise its just useless online gossip/envy. Anyone going to point any fingers at a prominent soho road baba who gets chauffered in a brand new mercedes s-class and range rover?

In terms of them spending less than their income I would say that’s a good thing they’re living within their means and have savings on hand if they need to respond to a major incident/ donations suddenly stop. Otherwise you’ll see them run emergency appeals like the 4 sikh channels we have in the UK.

While people are at it, why don’t you have a look at the SGPC accounts? I’m sure you’ll find a lot more to discuss there. Their accounts aren’t even audited.

• The topic was unpinned
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Mr singh

Ravi aid  aka. Khalsa aid 

20 million in the bank 

12 mill Uk Acc 

3 mil USA Acc 

3 mill Canada 

2 mill Africa 

2 mill india 

1 mill aus 

• 8 months later...

There are many other charities doing good for Sikhs.

Your Sewa is one example. They say '100%' of funds go to the causes

Khalsa Aid is well known and has promoted itself well, but they should 'fend' for themselves now and any of us wanting to donate should consider other charities

Actually, it's better if possible, that we donate directly to the causes where we can

Guest B Singh

All charity work is hard and it costs. The summary we get rom the charities commission web site is just a snapshot. Look up the annual reports if you are interested. Yes there are many others doing a good job. Let that be the case as there are many things that need doing and too few people doing them.

We need projects is education, welfare, health and well being, mental health, support for the aged and aging, victims of abuse - old, young and spouses, career guidance and support and of course understanding and practising Sikh values. Each area needs investment in terms of people, ideas, resources and facilities. Our institutions are rather stunted in what they do and are often not fit to do what they should be doing. They don't have the will to do the right things on want to invest in finding out what needs to be done. 

The biggest area of deficit we have is we have no leaders who are investing any energy in thinking about the trajectory our current activities and programmes. We are just building and running gurdwaras but we don't have a clue what our present programmes will provide for the future generations. Are we doing enough of the right things. Is it enough that we have dewans, langar, kirtan and karah parshad repeatedly every week. Will these put everything right. Do we need more like learning how to read and write gurmukhi, studying our history, philosophy and developing our language and culture. Have got the right infrastructure for our future generations.

Are we actually the Sikhs the gurus want us to be. People who are dedicated to inclusiveness, equality and positive contributors to our society. Are we doing enough in the development of a community spirit. Do we care enough for each other. Are our institutions doing enough to build a sense of community.

I am afraid we ae sadly missing out in a large number of ways. The muslim establishments are better in most areas than we are.

On 1/29/2022 at 6:27 AM, Guest B Singh said:

All charity work is hard and it costs. The summary we get rom the charities commission web site is just a snapshot. Look up the annual reports if you are interested. Yes there are many others doing a good job. Let that be the case as there are many things that need doing and too few people doing them.

We need projects is education, welfare, health and well being, mental health, support for the aged and aging, victims of abuse - old, young and spouses, career guidance and support and of course understanding and practising Sikh values. Each area needs investment in terms of people, ideas, resources and facilities. Our institutions are rather stunted in what they do and are often not fit to do what they should be doing. They don't have the will to do the right things on want to invest in finding out what needs to be done. 

The biggest area of deficit we have is we have no leaders who are investing any energy in thinking about the trajectory our current activities and programmes. We are just building and running gurdwaras but we don't have a clue what our present programmes will provide for the future generations. Are we doing enough of the right things. Is it enough that we have dewans, langar, kirtan and karah parshad repeatedly every week. Will these put everything right. Do we need more like learning how to read and write gurmukhi, studying our history, philosophy and developing our language and culture. Have got the right infrastructure for our future generations.

Are we actually the Sikhs the gurus want us to be. People who are dedicated to inclusiveness, equality and positive contributors to our society. Are we doing enough in the development of a community spirit. Do we care enough for each other. Are our institutions doing enough to build a sense of community.

I am afraid we ae sadly missing out in a large number of ways. The muslim establishments are better in most areas than we are.

Welcome, please make a profile friend. 

I'm not sure the western charity model is necessarily the best to follow to see to those needs. And you are right we are painfully lacking in those areas. The Gurudwaras that already have their overhead paid for could offer a lot of services there and in associated Bungas. Keeping the money and accountabilty more localized. We could still charitably pass dollars directly, maybe even through a coordinating charity, but the overhead and scope of charities should be small in my opinion. Beuracracy and government already absorb a lot of resources, the less beauracracy and overhead we add to the Paanth the further the money goes and the more accountable it is. 

If I ran a charity I'd have my books hosted live online. The entire process would be transparent to allow people to learn and do their own and also to guarantee propriety. It also adds and live and interactive aspect to the donations which people like. 

Muslims are in an entirely different position monetarily. One they have many countries with big budgets, that not only directly contribute but pay a huge population, sometimes extremely well, who can also afford to contribute. Two, they are constrained by less and sometimes no morals, which is profitable. 

Really it's profound how much Daswandh the Paanth generates by honest means. Most people seem more worried about how the money is used and the lack of transparency and accountability in the process across the board. 

I saw a documentary where Ravi Singh and Khalsa Aid went to iraq to help. Which is admirable, and I'm sure people appreciated it. But I did find myself calculating the costs vs the the apparent delivered payload and therefore impact and it just didn't strike me as efficient. One could say that it was more of a photo shoot. They could be right they could be wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...