Khalsa Aid International Finances 2019

Guest guest29

You were being utterly rude to me and I wanted to end the conversation without avoiding your name calling, in a dignified manner. If that's victim card to you then so be it.

25 minutes ago, proactive said:

Guru Gobind Singh's Bani stating that he is happy when the Khalsa is helped and charity to others is useless

Yet there are examples when the Khalsa of Guru Gobind Singh and earlier Sikhs helped non-sikhs/non-Khalsa. So now 2 options are there: either Guru can be a hypocrite, or it can be that Gurbani is being inappropriately interpretated by you. Of course Guru Maharaj isn't a hypocrite. I'd be happy to see someone start Aid To The Khalsa as well.

On 6/15/2020 at 2:25 PM, Kau89r8 said:

@Jonny101 @proactive 

No fan of this guy but even hes raised valid points! Listen to the first few mins he damn right lol

Did you even see the whole video ? He's basically advertising for Khalsa Aid and defending it 

On 6/15/2020 at 3:20 PM, puzzled said:

So is it wrong to give money to som1 who looks like a druggy or alcoholic? Like in the high street you get people looking like druggies approaching you for some change. Most of the time I feel sorry and give them some change. Most homeless people just buy a can of beer with it.  Last week i was walking home and a European boy who looked like a druggy asked me for change and I gave him around 1pound    further down I saw him asking som1 else for money. 

best give them food . that way they can't misuse money. Carry some easy food like sandwich packs with you wherever you go . That way , you can gift it to them. and they cant buy drugs from it but can satiate their hunger ! :) 

On 6/15/2020 at 2:50 AM, puzzled said:

So is it wrong to give money to som1 who looks like a druggy or alcoholic? Like in the high street you get people looking like druggies approaching you for some change. Most of the time I feel sorry and give them some change. Most homeless people just buy a can of beer with it.  Last week i was walking home and a European boy who looked like a druggy asked me for change and I gave him around 1pound    further down I saw him asking som1 else for money. 

If you have it to share bro that's totally fine in my opinion. I know we don't condone or encourage drinking and drugs, but people can die from withdrawls like dt's from alcohol. I pray they all get sober but in the moment you could be easing their pain, and possibly saving their life. It means a lot to them. It could be an opening to share some bani or a blessing. Most days I share, some days I just have to say "no change today friend, but keep asking, somebody has it for you"

6 hours ago, Khaaik said:

You were being utterly rude to me and I wanted to end the conversation without avoiding your name calling, in a dignified manner. If that's victim card to you then so be it.

Yet there are examples when the Khalsa of Guru Gobind Singh and earlier Sikhs helped non-sikhs/non-Khalsa. So now 2 options are there: either Guru can be a hypocrite, or it can be that Gurbani is being inappropriately interpretated by you. Of course Guru Maharaj isn't a hypocrite. I'd be happy to see someone start Aid To The Khalsa as well.

I am not being rude, I was just pointing out that your question was one which has been answered countless times on various threads. You should either come up with evidence that shows that the answers given were not in line with Sikhi. Again you have just given a generic answer without any substance. Give me the event when the Khalsa helped non-Sikhs and I will give you the context and explain why on that occasion the Khalsa helped non-Sikhs. One thing you will never come across in history is Sikhs helping non-Sikhs bypassing fellow Sikhs who were in need. 

On 6/15/2020 at 10:50 AM, puzzled said:

When i used to travel on the train to go uni, few years ago, they'd be notes on the seats along lines 'im single mother, homeless lost job pls buy this tissue paper packet' from  Eastern European girls really pretty girls model looks,  who'd be in their 20's, You'd never think they homeless, they'd be dressed as any other normal person, not a sign by the way dressed looked, you'd think they be homeless. 

i'd feel bad, they would say we have young babies no food etc naively i'd give couple to pounds..buy packet tissue papers...but i was suspicious, one day staff member stopped me said they'd con artists and not homeless at all! They'd complete actors. Told me never fall this trap again. They'd make you fools. There was article once read DM how these esp Eastern European would pretend they'd homeless beg on streets London and be collecting £500+ more per day! 

Best to donate homeless shelter or charity shops like oxfam, cancer research

Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh

This has got to be the longest thread in history in which people who do absolutely nothing anywhere criticise people who do pretty much everything everywhere. I mean you do realise, don't you, that there is no law against you setting up a charity and helping people the way you want them to be helped. Don't you ? 

6 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

If you have it to share bro that's totally fine in my opinion. I know we don't condone or encourage drinking and drugs, but people can die from withdrawls like dt's from alcohol. I pray they all get sober but in the moment you could be easing their pain, and possibly saving their life. It means a lot to them. It could be an opening to share some bani or a blessing. Most days I share, some days I just have to say "no change today friend, but keep asking, somebody has it for you"

Yh i feel bad for them, iv seen alcoholics in my family so i just feel really bad for them. Most the time i just give them change knowing they probably gnna buy a can of beer etc     i mean i wont go out of my way and give them like £5  

16 minutes ago, Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh said:

This has got to be the longest thread in history in which people who do absolutely nothing anywhere criticise people who do pretty much everything everywhere. I mean you do realise, don't you, that there is no law against you setting up a charity and helping people the way you want them to be helped. Don't you ? 

If you no like this topic = move on preacher saab. 

• The topic was unpinned