The Future of Langar after Coronavirus - things will never be the same again

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh

Guest London jwaan

The herd immunity strategy is total nonsense. Virii will mutate. If herd immunity worked, once you have had the flu, you wouldn’t get it again or die from it as the “herd” is immune. Yet each year thousands of people die from it as its a new strain. And jkv ? still going strong with the Karela Up your jagsaw treatment for all diseases?? Coronavirus is a deadly virus that not much is known about. If it was simply a fact of correcting vitamin deficiencies, don’t you think governments would have addressed that? Really irresponsible non qualified bukwaas yet again.

Hygiene in gurdwaras is problematic and questionable at best. The issue is trying to get older people to change is unnecessarily painful. Ice cream Scoops is an excellent idea, yet my mum told me about a gurdwara where this was suggested, and was met with furious protest as it was not in the Maryada. That is wholly ignorant and behvkoofi. And if a buda is using his bare hands, how do you know he walked his hands properly before handling it, or after he scratched his bum?

On top of that, I went to Hayes gurdwara in January and flipped out at one of the langar sevadars. It is a very rundown gurdwara in almost every respect. In particular the langar hall didn’t feel clean, the floor of the langar hall was carpeted-and the carpet was flooded. Toilets were rundown etc

it has a “buffet” style langar as opposed to sevadars walking around serving. I went back to get some pakoras and one sevadar flipped out aggressively and rudely and told me to move away because of my Jhoot. I hadn’t touched anything or put my tray down.

Told him to explain how it was jhoot and to learn how to speak and not to worry about my jhoot and rather to worry about the fact that his khooli Dari was waving over the langar without any consideration. Had a similar issue in soho rd Birmingham once where I “dared” to pick up a glass for water. Outright behvkoofi.

Asked this sevadar whether praying in the gurdwara was any consolation for total lack of Akal. He quickly stfu.

Come to think of it, jagsaw was it you???

wjkk wjkf

Guest London jwaan
On 3/17/2020 at 6:00 AM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

The word 'norm' is a four letter word that starts with an 'n' and ends with a 'm'. The word 'end' is a three letter word that starts with an 'e' and ends with an 'n'. How do you even begin getting the two of them mixed up Big Tera. What on earth is wrong with you man ?  ?

Glad to see somethings haven’t changed, you ......

Guest jagsaw-puzzled-singh
4 hours ago, Guest London jwaan said:

The herd immunity strategy is total nonsense. Virii will mutate. If herd immunity worked, once you have had the flu, you wouldn’t get it again or die from it as the “herd” is immune. Yet each year thousands of people die from it as its a new strain. And jkv ? still going strong with the Karela Up your jagsaw treatment for all diseases?? Coronavirus is a deadly virus that not much is known about. If it was simply a fact of correcting vitamin deficiencies, don’t you think governments would have addressed that? Really irresponsible non qualified bukwaas yet again.

Hygiene in gurdwaras is problematic and questionable at best. The issue is trying to get older people to change is unnecessarily painful. Ice cream Scoops is an excellent idea, yet my mum told me about a gurdwara where this was suggested, and was met with furious protest as it was not in the Maryada. That is wholly ignorant and behvkoofi. And if a buda is using his bare hands, how do you know he walked his hands properly before handling it, or after he scratched his bum?

On top of that, I went to Hayes gurdwara in January and flipped out at one of the langar sevadars. It is a very rundown gurdwara in almost every respect. In particular the langar hall didn’t feel clean, the floor of the langar hall was carpeted-and the carpet was flooded. Toilets were rundown etc

it has a “buffet” style langar as opposed to sevadars walking around serving. I went back to get some pakoras and one sevadar flipped out aggressively and rudely and told me to move away because of my Jhoot. I hadn’t touched anything or put my tray down.

Told him to explain how it was jhoot and to learn how to speak and not to worry about my jhoot and rather to worry about the fact that his khooli Dari was waving over the langar without any consideration. Had a similar issue in soho rd Birmingham once where I “dared” to pick up a glass for water. Outright behvkoofi.

Asked this sevadar whether praying in the gurdwara was any consolation for total lack of Akal. He quickly stfu.

wjkk wjkf

^ muppet's come late to the party ?   48 hours after everyone here agreed that the UK government had abandoned it's herd immunity strategy matey posts about herd immunity. Where do they find these people ?

Anyways people, it's important at this time and especially in the coming weeks for us to all really look after each other. Thecoming few weeks and months is really going to be a test of our character. Individually, we're going to find our true selves - we're going to find out who wereally are and what we're really like. Regardless of race, colour or creed look out especially for elderly neighbours. Make sure they'e ok - Make sure they've got everything they need. As landlords we did our little bit today by reminding our tenants that we want them to concentrate on keeping their families safe in our properties and we'll discuss rent at a later more suitable time. Encourage your landlord relatives to do the same especially as many tenants hold the kind of zero hours contracts from which they can't afford to self-isolate. Be kind to one another at this time for this time is a real test of who weactually are.

Guest London jwaan
On 3/19/2020 at 1:10 AM, jkvlondon said:

I’m not wholly surprised that you posted this nonsense as your source.

This is a retired Gp talking utter bukwaas. Comparisons with the flu are idiotic for many reasons 1) no one yet knows how many people will die from the corona virus 2) with corona virus People’s breathing becomes massively impaired with a significant population requiring ventilators to breathe. And as for talk of falling down the stairs as a comparable, y.....

The fact of the matter is, if you’re interested in medicine that’s great. go to medical school and learn about pharmacology, physiology, anatomy and the rest. If you can’t get in well frankly you should have worked harder in school.

But refrain from *DELETED* of polluting this forum with irresponsible “advice” from your google enabled medical knowledge trying to brainwash people to gamble with their health because of your *DELETED* conspiracy theories. It’s not only *DELETED* but potentially very dangerous.

*DELETED*

Lastly, dismissing a global pandemic as a vitamin deficiency is so disrespectful of the people who were dying. How would you like it if Italians described 1984 riots as a “mild disagreement”?

On 3/18/2020 at 12:38 PM, Guest London jwaan said:

wjkk wjkf

Seriously?

If you have been eating, it is not good to go near or touch things on the counter where langar is for everyone. 

Our mouths have the most bacteria of any place, so If you spoon and glass has been touching ur mouth, they are very dirty. And so are your hand if you have been eating. So without washing them, do not go near the serving counter. Remember bacteria can transmit from the barest touch, droplets and even air. So stay away. 

Plus laxity, breeds more carelessness. So try to fight for more stringent measures, don't degrade the small measures that we do have in place. 

And have you ever worked in a research labs, where they grow cells? They use the exact same suchamta concept as us. 

Guest London jwaan
13 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Seriously?

If you have been eating, it is not good to go near or touch things on the counter where langar is for everyone. 

Our mouths have the most bacteria of any place, so If you spoon and glass has been touching ur mouth, they are very dirty. And so are your hand if you have been eating. So without washing them, do not go near the serving counter. Remember bacteria can transmit from the barest touch, droplets and even air. So stay away. 

Plus laxity, breeds more carelessness. So try to fight for more stringent measures, don't degrade the small measures that we do have in place. 

And have you ever worked in a research labs, where they grow cells? They use the exact same suchamta concept as us. 

That’s a really interesting reply. If I haven’t touched anything whatsoever. My spoon isn’t touching anything and neither are my hands, explain how it’s Jhooth?

And while you’re at it, explain how, perversely, the dudes khooli Dari waving around the daal isn’ta concern?  Why are there no small measures there? 

and if you want to invent small measures, surely all sevadars should be wearing masks and gloves even when there is no virus.

This is the problem. People need to understand scientific hygiene. Not imagine they are in the jungle fighting aurungzeb.