Corona virus situation

JSinghnz

6 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Just got back.

Massive queues, empty shelves. 

I can see rationing coming back if this carries on. 

well at least people wont have to pay mortgages for three months here , just announced by chancellor

and business can apply for government loan to pay people wages and have been excused business rates for the year

10 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Terrified people. Scarves wrapped around their faces. Masks on everywhere. Everyone worried and looking petrified to touch anything. But it is serious as elderly can catch it from us. 

thats so funny haha!  it perfectly describes people. especially when some1 coughs! 

i went savers today to buy essentials just in case, the queue was around 45 mins long! while i was standing in the queue my mum finished buying vegetables at the vegetable stall and it was a lot of veg, crossed over to Tesco and nearly finished her shopping.

we could only buy 2 soap products and 2 painkillers. 

the amount of people running around with loo rolls is hilarious  

1 hour ago, Redoptics said:

Working from home now remotely,  if you need supplies buy online,  nothing will go out of stock unless they want to it.

but you'd have to wait a few weeks before they get around to you

Thankfully I been buying from riverford organic veggies on a weekly drop so no stress

18 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

I can't get a hold of loo roll for love nor money for a week now. I turn up early at the various stores before work, and there's nothing. Do they want us to camp out like people do for a new iPhone? tRoll. ? The supply I've got at home is running out. Probably shouldn't have made saag this week... ?

Do you live alone of something, everyone knows that apnay families buy toilet roll in bulk! We bought ours two weeks ago and have enough for a few months. We bought all the hand sanitiser as well, it was available but rationed to two at Home Bargains a few days ago. A lot of the apnay shops are profiteering like hell. Bhindiyan sabzi which was £ 3 a kilo is now £ 9 a kilo. Stores like Siras and Quality foods are raking in in. 

1 hour ago, proactive said:

Bhindiyan sabzi which was £ 3 a kilo is now £ 9 a kilo. Stores like Siras and Quality foods are raking in in. 

That is so true! These indian/Pak stores are making so much money   the prices have gone ridiculously high. Went to the local Pakistani store with my mum yesterday and the prices have gone up in pounds and people still buying so many things. For the last few days they been closing the shop down hours b4 the actual time because all the stock been selling out. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use