Corona virus situation

JSinghnz

28 minutes ago, genie said:

I fear the low IQ amoungst the Sikhs in punjab are not heeding the advice from people aboard and in india by continuing go to gurdwara's and sit in congregations in huge numbers shoulder to shoulder with potential to spread coronavirus very easily. It will be the Sikhs who will be the biggest loosers again because of their low IQ thinking pig headedness. And sadly when they are unable to breathe in a couple of days requiring hospital treatment and ventilators no one will be there to save them.

Listening to a diwan a few days ago from one of the Delhi Gurdwaras, and the head giani or parcharak basically spent his entire time poo-pooing "science" i.e. the medical profession who are telling people not to congregate in places of worship. Giani ji implied that Corona was a test to ascertain who was a genuine bhagat of God and who wasn't, lol. Look, I'm all about that mystical life and I'm all about faith in the face of impossible odds. I've had experiences that would make the average person's head spin, BUT it's got to be tempered by some common sense and humility. People ARE dying and people ARE seriously ill. There's no conspiracy or doubt about the casualties. The uncomfortable truth is that not everybody is blessed or has the necessary kamai to weather certain spiritual or temporal storms. That's an undeniable fact. You can't make irresponsible statements like, "Flout the safety rules; you'll be fine if you believe hard enough!" That's NOT how it works. It's NEVER worked like that, and anyone who says otherwise doesn't care about what happens to you.

I will end by saying, yes, shardaa, prem, bhaavna for Waheguru goes a long, long way where Man-made systems can never reach, but equally God doesn't tell us to be a bhandar when something black and white is staring us in the face. 

These gianis who continue to mislead people will have blood on their hands if the sangat they've encouraged to flout safety protocols, begin dropping dead. Sad thing is they really don't give a flip about us. Not one bit.

21 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Listening to a diwan a few days ago from one of the Delhi Gurdwaras, and the head giani or parcharak basically spent his entire time poo-pooing "science" i.e. the medical profession who are telling people not to congregate in places of worship. Giani ji implied that Corona was a test to ascertain who was a genuine bhagat of God and who wasn't, lol. Look, I'm all about that mystical life and I'm all about faith in the face of impossible odds. I've had experiences that would make the average person's head spin, BUT it's got to be tempered by some common sense and humility. People ARE dying and people ARE seriously ill. There's no conspiracy or doubt about the casualties. The uncomfortable truth is that not everybody is blessed or has the necessary kamai to weather certain spiritual or temporal storms. That's an undeniable fact. You can't make irresponsible statements like, "Flout the safety rules; you'll be fine if you believe hard enough!" That's NOT how it works. It's NEVER worked like that, and anyone who says otherwise doesn't care about what happens to you.

I will end by saying, yes, shardaa, prem, bhaavna for Waheguru goes a long, long way where Man-made systems can never reach, but equally God doesn't tell us to be a bhandar when something black and white is staring us in the face. 

These gianis who continue to mislead people will have blood on their hands if the sangat they've encouraged to flout safety protocols, begin dropping dead. Sad thing is they really don't give a flip about us. Not one bit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-asia-india-52061915

50 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Listening to a diwan a few days ago from one of the Delhi Gurdwaras, and the head giani or parcharak basically spent his entire time poo-pooing "science" i.e. the medical profession who are telling people not to congregate in places of worship.

I think it's down to intelligence. I heard one guy in a Gurdwara telling a bazoorag (who apparently had diabetes) that it doesn't matter how much karah parshaad they ate because it won't affect their blood sugars because it's 'blessed' like that. Now don't get me wrong, I do definitely believe that parshaad is blessed - but to interpret that in this way seems dumb. 

I strongly (more than ever) believe in mysticism myself - but common sense in terms of biology isn't a bad thing either.   

45 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

My uncle went to the same Hola Mohalla celebrations this year for the first time in 30 years. He's married off his kids, my cousins, and he wanted to do darshan of the jor mela this year without the usual stress of family commitments. Probably not the wisest idea considering what's coming out from that get-together now. ?

16 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think it's down to intelligence. I heard one guy in a Gurdwara telling a bazoorag (who apparently had diabetes) that it doesn't matter how much karah parshaad they ate because it won't affect their blood sugars because it's 'blessed' like that. Now don't get me wrong, I do definitely believe that parshaad is blessed - but to interpret that in this way seems dumb. 

I strongly (more than ever) believe in mysticism myself - but common sense in terms of biology isn't a bad thing either.   

It's a very fine line. There are some things that are quite difficult to grasp and convey in regards to the spiritual sphere. It really does take time to develop a certain mindset before a person can attempt to understand and enact those type of teachings. I have more faith in the unseen than the nonsensical mammonistic norms of today, but equally the mundane nitty gritty of existence cannot be bypassed or ignored. We unfortunately have to function within those norms in order to get anywhere. It's dull, unromantic, but a necessity nonetheless. That side of things is unfortunately completely misrepresented by most processing to have God's ear in this age.

2 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's a very fine line. There are some things that are quite difficult to grasp and convey in regards to the spiritual sphere. It really does take time to develop a certain mindset before a person can attempt to understand and enact those type of teachings. I have more faith in the unseen than the nonsensical mammonistic norms of today, but equally the mundane nitty gritty of existence cannot be bypassed or ignored. We unfortunately have to function within those norms in order to get anywhere. It's dull, unromantic, but a necessity nonetheless. That side of things is unfortunately completely misrepresented by most processing to have God's ear in this age.

I'm not sure if it is a fine line? I don't we've had much precedent for relying on miracles like that.  

22 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I meant understanding the underlying "theory" of why sone are seemingly blessed and saved while others aren't so fortunate and tend to suffer. 

What do you mean by blessed and saved?

In terms of being wealthy and secure (not presuming that's what you meant), and thus 'sorted'. Look at how current circumstances are showing just how tenuous that is.

I've got relatives with infinitely more money than me and they are miserable as eff in comparison. Sometimes I have struggled to get by, but then when I meet some other people who are apparently sorted and see how miserable they are - it don't seem so bad.  

Look at the poor NHS doctors who had prestige, money, security and whatnot, and are now right on the front line having to risk their lives. How much of a turnaround has happened there?

For some of us who weren't exactly convinced by the stability of it all, and considered doom merchant cranks for it, it looks like we are sadly right (and I take no pleasure in that).

I went around the corner earlier, there were nutters driving full speed down the road. I've seen people laughing maniacally in their rides. 

Right now, more than ever, I really respect Bhai Jagraj Singh and how he faced down his illness with chardi kala till the end. I think his blessing was to say so much of the right thing about potential conflict/instability that we could face (in line with Sikhi ), and then be taken swiftly back to Waheguru's charan, so he didn't have to witness it. 

8 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

What do you mean by blessed and saved?

In terms of being wealthy and secure (not presuming that's what you meant), and thus 'sorted'. Look at how current circumstances are showing just how tenuous that is.

I've got relatives with infinitely more money than me and they are miserable as eff in comparison. Sometimes I have struggled to get by, but then when I meet some other people who are apparently sorted and see how miserable they are - it don't seem so bad.  

Look at the poor NHS doctors who had prestige, money, security and whatnot, and are now right on the front line having to risk their lives. How much of a turnaround has happened there?

For some of us who weren't exactly convinced by the stability of it all, and considered doom merchant cranks for it, it looks like we are sadly right (and I take no pleasure in that).

I went around the corner earlier, there were nutters driving full speed down the road. I've seen people laughing maniacally in their rides. 

Right now, more than ever, I really respect Bhai Jagraj Singh and how he faced down his illness with chardi kala till the end. I think his blessing was to say so much of the right thing about potential conflict/instability that could face (and much about Sikhi ), and then be taken swiftly back to Waheguru's charan, so he didn't have to witness it. 

Blessed and saved, as in not dying from a situation that's somewhat avoidable with some legwork on our part. Ultimately, the idea of "grace" is integral to Sikhi, but doing "something" to contribute and not expecting divine intervention to save the day every single time is what I was getting at.  Dunno where you're getting stuff about cash and status from. That's not my idea of being blessed. Maybe I wasn't explaining myself, I'm in the middle of cooking some rice, lol. A bit distracted.

Yes, Bhai Jagraj Singh has been in my thoughts for the past few weeks, too.