Corona virus situation

JSinghnz

31 minutes ago, puzzled said:

i love the remix to this song. this is when they still used to sing about social issues  even though they also sang about bakwaas they still sang about social issues as well.     what happened to the old gurdas maan    now he just sings about pakis and paki culture   

Just stick to his old stuff. He's a folk singer - don't make him anything bigger than that. Those mirasi types role is to transverse barriers like that by the looks of it. I loved some of Kuldeep Manak's songs and he went sullah on us in late life! 

They are what they are. They make a point. You evaluate it and make your own judgement. They are the Panjabi equivalent of controversial stand up comedians - you might agree with a lot of stuff, and other stuff - hell no! Still love some of the PMC remixes of his tunes though. 

On 3/27/2020 at 8:15 PM, MisterrSingh said:

My uncle went to the same Hola Mohalla celebrations this year for the first time in 30 years. He's married off his kids, my cousins, and he wanted to do darshan of the jor mela this year without the usual stress of family commitments. Probably not the wisest idea considering what's coming out from that get-together now. ?

no sikh got corona from Baldev Singh because he never had it , the doctors statement of cause of death was heart attack post humously a rumour was spun out to make sikhs badnaam.

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Taking bets on the first riots. When do you think people will start losing it?

I'm going for mid-May if the lockdown isn't lifted or somehow gets more harsh. Plus, who do you reckon will kick-off? ??

wuhan after lockdown loosened because neighbouring towns don't want them to go out of their neighbourhoods

What ticks me off about the situation at the moment is the western countries reluctance to look at what the Eastern countries who have had to deal with this virus.

For example South Korea. 

They have had the various Coronavirus strains for the last couple of decades, so they have had experience dealing with by widespread wearing of masks, lots of testing etc.

I know countries need to verify these kind of practices but if the US did these practices first, the UK will follow suit very quickly. 

But it is this arrogance of the west that somehow they know better.

16 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

What ticks me off about the situation at the moment is the western countries reluctance to look at what the Eastern countries who have had to deal with this virus.

For example South Korea. 

They have had the various Coronavirus strains for the last couple of decades, so they have had experience dealing with by widespread wearing of masks, lots of testing etc.

I know countries need to verify these kind of practices but if the US did these practices first, the UK will follow suit very quickly. 

But it is this arrogance of the west that somehow they know better.

Germany did exactly that. Heaps of tests, early lockdown and it is in much better position than other European countries and USA.

UK govt telling people “Stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives”

Seesm very dictatorial. Also, I might be wrong, but I can see that if the coronavirus situation takes many more lives, politicians could spin it that the NHS didn't do as well as it should have, and that might be an excuse to start imposing privatisation

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

UK govt telling people “Stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives”

Seesm very dictatorial. Also, I might be wrong, but I can see that if the coronavirus situation takes many more lives, politicians could spin it that the NHS didn't do as well as it should have, and that might be an excuse to start imposing privatisation

Who exactly are they treating in the hospitals when they're directing everyone not to attend their GP's surgery, or phone for an ambulance to take them to A&E. Plus, I'm not medically or scientifically minded enough to know the ins and outs of this condition, but if someone does contract the virus, how does the act of self isolation for an arbitrary number of days allow the virus to disappear without medication or a cure? So is the virus actually a flu-like condition that disappears of its own accord IF a person has no other underlying medical conditions? If that is the case, don't these lockdown measures, while necessary, seem overwhelmingly disproportionate?