Corona virus situation

JSinghnz

25 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Yeah, specific antibodies are what your body produces to combat specific pathogens once it has learnt to identify (usually through recognising antigen structures on the pathogen surface) and destroy them. Once it goes through the process, the immunological system  remmebrs the encounter and is able to rapidly reproduce the antibodies if reinfected in future, giving you minor or no symptoms this time. So if we have the antibodies floating around in our plasma, that means we've already been infected, and that the body has learnt to defend itself. 

How comes so called 'advanced' England is still running around for these tests when others produced them rapidly?  What's that saying? 

Too much dithering. 

The claim is that lack of supply of certain chemicals to produce these testing kits.

I suppose every country is scrambling to get these testing kits which impacting supply chains, so now they are forced to locally produce.

The other thing is that a lot of countries are getting testing kits from China which have been proved to be defective.

3D printing is taking off in a big way.

8 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Too much dithering. 

The claim is that lack of supply of certain chemicals to produce these testing kits.

I suppose every country is scrambling to get these testing kits which impacting supply chains, so now they are forced to locally produce.

I find this the most scary thing. That this country couldn't rapidly manage to create these and had to depend on foreign sources. What's that saying about the state of scientific research and development in the country........ 

They want to wake up and smell the coffee. You can't live of yesteryears egoic achievements.  I mean some countries produced really cheap and effective ones rapidly.  

2 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I find this the most scary thing. That this country couldn't rapidly manage to create these and had to depend on foreign sources. What's that saying about the state of scientific research and development in the country........ 

They want to wake up and smell the coffee. You can't live of yesteryears egoic achievements.  I mean some countries produced really cheap and effective ones rapidly.  

It poses more questions than answers. 

This country produces nothing and it's been like this for decades.

The only European country that seems to have a handle on this is Germany.

They had lockdown very quickly and their people follow the rules. And they never got rid of their manufacturing.

The UK is run by accountants and they look to do everything on the cheap. 

5 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

It poses more questions than answers. 

This country produces nothing and it's been like this for decades.

The only European country that seems to have a handle on this is Germany.

They had lockdown very quickly and their people follow the rules. And they never got rid of their manufacturing.

The UK is run by accountants and they look to do everything on the cheap. 

We need our own leaders and intellectuals here to be clued up about the potential implications on us here, and develop strategies to make sure we don't go down if these lot do.  

One of the things people who dispute Covid-19 death numbers is whether the numbers are inflated. 

For example, in Italy it is said every death is attributed to Covid-19. You can die of a heart attack and their authorities will say it is because of Covid-19.

It is then said that the reason that Germany's numbers are so low is that won't check if a patient has Covid-19 if they have died. So if a patient has heart problems and had Covid-19 symptoms and dies, they won't necessarily record it as a Covid-19 death.

So it seems likely that different countries measure their death rates differently. 

You have China has had 3,300 deaths approx and it has barely risen. How do we know they are telling the truth?

The question then arises is that people who have pre-existing conditions who have died, are they dying with covid-19 or because of covid-19?

I have no idea. 

1 minute ago, Ranjeet01 said:

One of the things people who dispute Covid-19 death numbers is whether the numbers are inflated. 

For example, in Italy it is said every death is attributed to Covid-19. You can die of a heart attack and their authorities will say it is because of Covid-19.

It is then said that the reason that Germany's numbers are so low is that won't check if a patient has Covid-19 if they have died. So if a patient has heart problems and had Covid-19 symptoms and dies, they won't necessarily record it as a Covid-19 death.

So it seems likely that different countries measure their death rates differently. 

You have China has had 3,300 deaths approx and it has barely risen. How do we know they are telling the truth?

The question then arises is that people who have pre-existing conditions who have died, are they dying with covid-19 or because of covid-19?

I have no idea. 

I will explain that in simple English.

Covid 19 attacks people with pre existing conditions and kills them.

So the death is due to Covid 19, not due to heart attack etc.

Once the people with pre existing conditions get Covid 19, they need urgent hospitalisation  in Intensive care units and ventilators.

Because they are only a limited numbers of ICU beds, it chokes up the health system leading to more deaths.

Best way to prevent that happening is to keep people with conditions at home.

We did that before our lockdown. Anyone above 70 was banned from leaving home. These steps and then the

4 week lockdown is helping us in this war.

On the other hand President clown called the virus a hoax and Boris was in favour of herd immunity and allowing thousands to die.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/insane-uk-plan-to-let-covid-19-spread-might-kill-half-a-million-people-expert/ar-BB11dQv0?li=BBqdg4K

25 minutes ago, JSinghnz said:

I will explain that in simple English.

Covid 19 attacks people with pre existing conditions and kills them.

So the death is due to Covid 19, not due to heart attack etc.

Once the people with pre existing conditions get Covid 19, they need urgent hospitalisation  in Intensive care units and ventilators.

Because they are only a limited numbers of ICU beds, it chokes up the health system leading to more deaths.

Best way to prevent that happening is to keep people with conditions at home.

We did that before our lockdown. Anyone above 70 was banned from leaving home. These steps and then the

4 week lockdown is helping us in this war.

On the other hand President clown called the virus a hoax and Boris was in favour of herd immunity and allowing thousands to die.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/insane-uk-plan-to-let-covid-19-spread-might-kill-half-a-million-people-expert/ar-BB11dQv0?li=BBqdg4K

Boris Johnson  and the UK health authorities under-estimated Covid-19 and UK is paying for the consequences.

Here is another question that the sceptics would ask (UK sceptics)

"If there are all these cases, how come Hospitals are empty?"

You see what is being claimed is that more and more wards are becoming Covid wards but it is claimed that these wards are empty.

(I cannot substantiate these claims)

The other side of this argument would be this is a good thing because if people are heeding all the advice then the health system is not as much under pressure than we thought. But at least we are prepared if there is a sudden up-turn.

This is what the Covid sceptics don't understand :

We don't understand enough about this, we should be mitigating all the risks until we have better control of things.

I mean you can drive a car without a seat belt but your still wear it.

2 hours ago, JSinghnz said:

LOL I am not a know all like you, jk.

I think you are asking where we are getting our testing kits from.

I donot know and what is the relevance of your query?

What, because I know basic GCSE level biology that all reasonably intelligent 15 year olds are expected to know....

The testing kit question is important. Obviously a miniscule country like NZ doesn't need many, but if they managed to produce their own, that is saying something positive compared to the UK.