Corona virus situation

JSinghnz

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Do you fellas reckon this is THE end, i.e. we'll be in an Orwell 1984 situation within the next year or so, or will there be a "recovery" but a threat will hang over people much like how the spectre of terrorism became a feature after 9/11. I think too much too soon will overwhelm people and push them to revolt, but if we're drip-fed slowly and there's some managed give-and-take, this lockdown and limited movement will become the new normal. Terrorism, pandemic... I wonder what these clowns will foist upon us next?

im not sure    but where always being watched. i remember a few yrs back i was talking to the ticket man on the train and he told me how there are cameras, mostly hidden cameras  everywhere,  and theres people sitting on the other side of the cameras 24/7. People who jump onto trains to get off at stations with no barriers and being seen in the cameras but they dont do anything he said, because the hidden cameras in the trains and everywhere else are there for other reasons, he then was like he cant say to much.  

everything is already there, cameras, cashless, etc  its just hasn't been put into full swing. 

do you remember when it was in the news that people can spy on you from your Samsung tv cameras!  wtff!! 

we used to have a samsung tc with the camera thing on it and i put a tape over it lol 

5 minutes ago, puzzled said:

LMAO  27   my folks are really overreacting to this whole virus thing  haha   i think its coz i used have asthma until around 2 or 3 years back and they think im gnna catch the virus lol    im always out and about so this lock down thing is starting to get to me. 

It ain't no joke bro. You could get f**ked because it goes for the respiratory system most of the time. Then , if you survive it, your older parents might not be able too.

Warning swearing:

4 minutes ago, puzzled said:

yh absolutely, but what i mean is that some Punjabis have this weird thing of not going to the shop owned by the Punjabi but go to the shop nxt door owned by the pakistani or gorah instead.  I dont know why some punjabis do that

like iv seen punjabis buy meat from the halal shop when there is a meat shop owned by punjabis just 10 shops down. prices are the same    but they just dont want to buy from the shop owned by punjabis.  its weird. 

You know in our culture, we take perceived, imagined or even potential (yet to happen) slurs in between ourselves deadly serious. I think this is behind this possibly?

Anyway, I notice apnay rarely have these types of businesses in my ends for some reason? 

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Do you fellas reckon this is THE end, i.e. we'll be in an Orwell 1984 situation within the next year or so, or will there be a "recovery" but a threat will hang over people much like how the spectre of terrorism became a feature after 9/11. I think too much too soon will overwhelm people and push them to revolt, but if we're drip-fed slowly and there's some managed give-and-take, this lockdown and limited movement will become the new normal. Terrorism, pandemic... I wonder what these clowns will foist upon us next?

I reckon a part of this is to prevent kick offs that were pretty much imminent (over immigration, racism, 'terrorism', grooming type issues). 

5 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

It ain't no joke bro. You could get f**ked because it goes for the respiratory system most of the time. Then , if you survive it, your older parents might not be able too.

Warning swearing:

lol hes funny.  i was in the garden throughout most of the day. went shopping with mum in the early morning and wore rubber gloves.  

i just cant w8 till this whole thing is over. 

4 minutes ago, puzzled said:

im not sure    but were always being watched. i remember a few yrs back i was talking to the ticket man on the train and he told me how there are camera, mostly hidden cameras  everywhere,  and theres people sitting on the other side of the cameras 24/7. People who jump onto trains to get of at stations with no barriers and being seen in the cameras but they dont do anything he said, because the hidden cameras in the trains and everywhere else are there for other reasons, he then was like he cant say to much.  

everything is already there, cameras, cashless, etc  its just hasn't been put into full swing. 

do you remember when it was in the news that people can spy on you from your Samsung tv cameras!  wtff!! 

This whole police state thing was talked about months ago by Sajid Javid. They were preparing for it as a check against post-Brexit havoc. 

Plus, there is logic behind the lockdown in terms of slowing down the rate of infection. I think they are just trying to spread the deaths over a longer time period to stop the NHS being drowned. They will pick and choose who to prioritise with ventilators. Reducing the rate of infection whilst they manufacture more ventilators and get more knowledge on potential vaccines seems prudent? 

7 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

You know in our culture, we take perceived, imagined or even potential (yet to happen) slurs in between ourselves deadly serious. I think this is behind this possibly?

Anyway, I notice apnay rarely have these types of businesses in my ends for some reason? 

i dont know what it is, maybe it is that they have these weird ideas in their heads of what the punjabi shop owners might think if they walk into a punjabi shop to buy stuff lol idnno   maybe they think if they buy cheap stuff in the shop other punjabis are gnna judge? idnno

most the local shops around the corner from my house are owned by punjabis from india apart from this one ladies asian clothes shop which is owned by a british punjabi couple.    other shops owned by apne are a  fish and chips shop, baths/toilets/shink shop, 2 betting shops!!, indian sweets shop, couple of more ladies asian wear shops, 2 grocery stores, launderette, 2 barbers, mechanic, meat shop, around 3 or 4 ladies beauty/makeup places, new egg less cake shop just opened.   theres 1 pakistani grocery store and they also have 1 meat shop and two halal takeaways.  rest is all owned by punjabis    business is healthy around here. 

3 minutes ago, puzzled said:

i dont know what it is, maybe it is that they have these weird ideas in their heads of what the punjabi shop owners might think if they walk into a punjabi shop to buy stuff lol idnno   maybe they think if they buy cheap stuff in the shop other punjabis are gnna judge? idnno

most the local shops around the corner from my house are owned by punjabis from india apart from this one ladies asian clothes shop which is owned by a british punjabi couple.    other shops owned by apne are a  fish and chips shop, baths/toilets/shink shop, 2 betting shops!!, indian sweets shop, couple of more ladies asian wear shops, 2 grocery stores, launderette, 2 barbers, mechanic, meat shop, around 3 or 4 ladies beauty/makeup places, new egg less cake shop just opened.   theres 1 pakistani grocery store and they also have 1 meat shop and two halal takeaways.  rest is all owned by punjabis    business is healthy around here. 

Where are you again? Slough?