Corona virus situation

JSinghnz

2 hours ago, proactive said:

Do you live alone of something, everyone knows that apnay families buy toilet roll in bulk! We bought ours two weeks ago and have enough for a few months. We bought all the hand sanitiser as well, it was available but rationed to two at Home Bargains a few days ago. A lot of the apnay shops are profiteering like hell. Bhindiyan sabzi which was £ 3 a kilo is now £ 9 a kilo. Stores like Siras and Quality foods are raking in in. 

It's just me and my mum at the moment so that probably explains it. We also have one of those bidet combi toilets (you know the ones with the water spout) which, without getting too graphic, probably helps matters.

I try not to embarrass myself by stuffing my trolley with hoarded items especially when I can "feel" people judging someone for being inconsiderate of other people's desire to get their hands on essential items, lol. 

basically a biker mate of my husband just sent him pictures of an army truck convoy heading towards london he also happens to be an Army guy and has been to a briefing where they have been told that they will be used to police streets and stores to avoid riots in shops . Boris is on tv schools will be shut down for all on Friday but key workers' and vulnerable  children , exams have been cancelled .

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

basically a biker mate of my husband just sent him pictures of an army truck convoy heading towards london he also happens to be an Army guy and has been to a briefing where they have been told that they will be used to police streets and stores to avoid riots in shops . Boris is on tv schools will be shut down for all on Friday but key workers' and vulnerable  children , exams have been cancelled .

Hmmm... three weeks ago there was a procession of army vehicles that went through the streets after dark. I was coming home from work at the time. They seemed to be carrying what looked like tank turrets which were covered in tarps. There were 5 vehicles. It completely slipped my mind until I saw the above video. Kinda weird how they were moving equipment in February when the panic was virtually non-existent in this country.

I'm guessing the government doesn't want a repeat of the 2011 riots where businesses were looted. I'm not suggesting they'll shoot on people, but it seems they aren't messing around this time.

6 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Weapons, wells, caches then crops. Remember anyone who profitered and cut them off for life. The governments take one step too many?  Hold them accountable at the top. 

It's the audacity of it.  There's needs to be a cut-off point when enough is enough, and I think this is it.

Meanwhile huge steps being taken our government to stop the virus from spreading.

39 cases so far.

Covid-19 NZ live updates, March 19: borders close to foreign nationals; indoor events of 100+ people banned, Ardern on lockdown rumours

https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/19-03-2020/covid-19-nz-live-updates-march-19-samoa-braces-aviation-support-package-coming/