Taking money from parents ...

puzzled

We're told to never take money from som1 or anything that is not ours and i never have!  even if i find money iv never kept it but always put it in the golak, never took food without asking. But what if your parent is giving you money is it ok to take it! My dad gives me money sometimes like today he told me to put his money in the bank for him and take £50 for myself      is it ok to take money from your parents!         last week he gave me £13 and told me to go out and treat myself with food and stuff and i never took it and left it in the kitchen, nxt day he asked me why i havnt taken it, i didnt know what to say so i said i forgot and that i'll take it upstairs later on. 

iv never taken what is not mine   only taken it if offered by the other person  like at work people share food      but not sure about money ...

What is the difference from taking food from the parents or money? Parents don't make a living to take with them for the next life.  It would not be right to take from the parents if they are struggling to put food on the table and you want to go out. Even animals provide for their young.  Help your parents around the house.  No one should beat themselves up for taking from parents who are providing for you.  

On 3/20/2020 at 2:41 PM, puzzled said:

We're told to never take money from som1 or anything that is not ours and i never have!  even if i find money iv never kept it but always put it in the golak, never took food without asking. But what if your parent is giving you money is it ok to take it! My dad gives me money sometimes like today he told me to put his money in the bank for him and take £50 for myself      is it ok to take money from your parents!         last week he gave me £13 and told me to go out and treat myself with food and stuff and i never took it and left it in the kitchen, nxt day he asked me why i havnt taken it, i didnt know what to say so i said i forgot and that i'll take it upstairs later on. 

iv never taken what is not mine   only taken it if offered by the other person  like at work people share food      but not sure about money ...

Be thankful to them!  Who fed you when you were a baby?  Who bought you clothes, shoes and books or paid for your piano, tennis or even rugby lessons? How  can you be so ungrateful for everything your parents did for you? You are a wretched little moaner and all you ever do is nothing but moan, moan, moan  and moan some more with no stopping! Open your eyes and see how much you already owe them before you start  judging them for giving you money? Well, you can always give it to some unfortunate  needy Sikh children  if you don’t want to keep it. Besides, nothing lasts forever!

im not moaning! im only asking bcoz im not a kid, i have my own money now i buy my own clothes, food, and other things. I feel bad taking it from them but then i feel bad saying no as well becoz it comes across as if i dont appreciate it. i just feel a bit guilty 

You don't need to donate to the charity everything your parents give to you. I have my parents helped me a lot and basically im in the good position today only with the help of my parents. We need to remove this "My Space, Individualism" western lifestyle from us. Parents gave it to you and you keep it. When they are old, you give back to them, take care of them etc etc. Family life is important and everything is sanjha in the family. 

You can give half to charity and save the rest and give your dad a gift on father's day. 

Btw it's strange he gave you £13 to go out and get some food and enjoy yourself. Is that something to do with 'Tairan Tairan -13 -13? or is that just the money he had going spare at the time. 

3 hours ago, proactive said:

You can give half to charity and save the rest and give your dad a gift on father's day. 

Btw it's strange he gave you £13 to go out and get some food and enjoy yourself. Is that something to do with 'Tairan Tairan -13 -13? or is that just the money he had going spare at the time. 

He basically gets paid cash in hand and last time the guy payed him £13 less and the next day my dad told him and he gave him £13 in an envelope   dad then just gave the envelope to me. 

Also think of it from his point of view. Or how you would feel if ur child who u helped raise, and bought everything for, and worked hard jours for suddenly goes, Oh no its ok Dad. You need it more than me. I can support myself now. Dont really need ur help. I am richer than you now.

You might not say it like that. But thats what it could come across as. So just accept it and be thankful