Sign in to follow this  
singhbj singh

T20 to Coronavirus to RSS — 6 books you need to read in self-quarantine

im gon read "bride of the sky" by prof puran singh, from what iv read its apparently a philosophical play about a apsara who falls from heaven onto earth and then interacts with a earthly man     sounds interesting.   its in english and i think it was published after prof puran singh passed away

also  im gnna read "rashidi ticket" by amrita pritam   its a a autobiography, not that im interested in her life , but she led quite a scandalous life so it should be interesting to read lol    its in punjabi 

Anyone read these books

Sicques, Tigers, or Thieves: Eyewitness Accounts of the Sikhs (1606-1809): Eyewitness Accounts of the Sikhs (1606-1810)

Confessions of an American Sikh: Locked Up in India, Corrupt Cops and My Escape from a New Age ...

Love & Courage: My Story of Family, Resilience, and Overcoming the Unexpected - Singh, Jagmeet

Since I've been home the last 3 weeks reading is the best thing to do. For me personally, I have been reading sri Dasam Granth steek by Gyani Narain Singh. Currently I'm at Chaubis Avtar. I also read  translations of 3 shabads a day from Guru granth Sahib from the steek of Giani Harbans Singh. Try to read and understand the Arths and Pad Arths properly.

Besides this doing a Sehej Paath. Trying to improve my Ladiwar reading skills.

If you want books to read, Punjab digital library has an excellent selection. Puratan, out of print books can be found there. It is a delight to read up some of those books that are now 80 to a 100 years old written by authors long gone and unknown today.