Sikh Auntiyan on the Frontline against Coronavirus (Covid19)

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh

There's a thread on the main page giving thanks to Sikh Medics on the frontline of coronavirus.  But I want to dedicate this thread to some real unsung heroes ; The Sikh auntiyan who work as hospital cleaners in the UK.  From West Middlesex Hospital to Hillingdon to Sandwell to Birmingham to Southampton General to the Royal London - up and down this country there has been and continues to be an army of Sikh auntiyan that deep clean the bed spaces of coronavirus patients. For minimum wage they selflessly put themselves at even greater risk than the doctors and nurses because, Unlike the medics, they are given no in-depth training nor provided with scrubs to wear, fit-tested for masks or given enhanced protective visors and masks. 

With the exception of New York City what's happening in north america is like child's play compared to the dire situation here in the UK and the rest of Europe. That hasn't stopped Americans and Canadians acting like babies though. Compared to them.....this army of Sikh Aunties in the UK that work as deep cleaners on the frontline are the real warriors. 

Aunty jis - I salute you.?

On 3/24/2020 at 8:13 AM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

There's a thread on the main page giving thanks to Sikh Medics on the frontline of coronavirus.  But I want to dedicate this thread to some real unsung heroes ; The Sikh auntiyan who work as hospital cleaners in the UK.  From West Middlesex Hospital to Hillingdon to Sandwell to Birmingham to Southampton General to the Royal London - up and down this country there has been and continues to be an army of Sikh auntiyan that deep clean the bed spaces of coronavirus patients. For minimum wage they selflessly put themselves at even greater risk than the doctors and nurses because, Unlike the medics, they are given no in-depth training nor provided with scrubs to wear, fit-tested for masks or given enhanced protective visors and masks. 

With the exception of New York City what's happening in north america is like child's play compared to the dire situation here in the UK and the rest of Europe. That hasn't stopped Americans and Canadians acting like babies though. Compared to them.....this army of Sikh Aunties in the UK that work as deep cleaners on the frontline are the real warriors. 

Yep us Sikhs are the bestest in the while wide world. 

Guest Jigsaw_puzzled_singh
On 3/26/2020 at 2:24 PM, Big_Tera said:

Yep us Sikhs are the bestest in the while wide world. 

No. We're neither the best nor the worst. Although you DELETED. This is merely acknowledging the hard work that these auntiyan do for usually very little praise. This is simply well-deserved praise. Not for you, because DELETED but for them.

On 3/26/2020 at 10:24 PM, Guest Jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

No. We're neither the best nor the worst. Although you DELETED. This is merely acknowledging the hard work that these auntiyan do for usually very little praise. This is simply well-deserved praise. Not for you, because DELETED but for them.

I wonder what you posted that the admins had to delete. Why not praise all hard work of all the NHS instead of singling Sikh aunties?? 

Surely we should not praise our own faith people only. 

How would you feel if a Christian said that he praised all the Christians for their hard work?

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
6 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

I wonder what you posted that the admins had to delete. Why not praise all hard work of all the NHS instead of singling Sikh aunties?? 

Surely we should not praise our own faith people only. 

How would you feel if a Christian said that he praised all the Christians for their hard work?

The tactic of adding the word 'Deleted' to my messages is a clever by one by one of the Moderators here and is used very often on most of my messages He or she understands the power of suggestion, i.e. if they take one of my words out and replace it with a 'Deleted' it will give the illusion to you - the reader - that I wrote something truly disgusting. It's an extremely clever tactic to get you - the reader - to swallow the narrative that they want you to swallow....i.e. the myth that jagsaw-puzzled -singh deserves to be banned because jagsaw-puzzled-singh abuses everyone. They understand well that the nature of a whole post can change completely just be adding the word 'Deleted'. It's up to you whether you want to accept it or reject it. Doesn't matter to me in the slightest.

Admin Note - We do not allow any personal attacks. 

Kidda West London Singh,

I've known you on here long enough to know that you make your point from a personal point of view because, if my memory serves me correctly, your dear mother used to work as a cleaner in the hospital?

Anyway, you raise a very valid and pertinent point. As a doctor, I know full well that the cleaners in our NHS hospitals are just as much front line as the medics and nurses. They deserve recognition and respect and protective personal equipment as much as everyone else.

Guest Praise
On 3/24/2020 at 11:13 AM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

Ah this is the first good post I've ever seen from you. 

I agree, praise to the hospital cleaners and staff. 

My mum works at the hospital and the entire hospital is basically ran by apnia auntyian, African ladies and eastern European/polish ladies. 

Im concerned about my mum because shes seeing a lot of suffering there since the virus, a few days back only 3 people had died and now its gone a lot higher in just the last few days!  and shes keep on talking about it, me and my sister try to change the conversation. shes just keep on talking about it for hours and hours   its not healthy!   just today she saw a old pakistani man on ventilator, but the nurses told his son that he's not recovering and that they gnna take the ventilator off, basically let him die!  my mum said he was still looking around!  she said his son started crying really hard and fell onto the floor, she said she went over to his son and hugged him and told him to pray.  they then took the ventilator off and he died.   she said she comforted his son.    though shes not admitting it i know shes been crying and is disturbed by this and all the other things shes been seeing there, and she just keep on going on and on and on and on about it    its really not healthy.   shes just a housekeeper but i dont think people realize how these auntiyan are providing the families with a lot of emotional support as well,   but i dnt think any1 is thinking about their mental well being. she comes back from work and starts talking about how people are dying and how the relatives are crying, and she just talks about it for hours!  she is really affected by it  i know she is. today she told me she couldn't sleep last night.  

my sister tried distracting her by taking her into the kitchen and cooking    she likes old movies so i put a old hindi movie on tv. my sister said that were not gnna put the news on either because that just really negative sh1t.    My dad doesn't talk to my mum so that doesn't help either! 

seeing all this suffering and death is not healthy at all   and a lot of these auntiyan go home to grumpy old husbands which doesnt help. 

my respect to all the apni auntiyan, african auntiyan and eastern european/polish ladies that are running these hospitals. 

31 minutes ago, puzzled said:

My mum works at the hospital and the entire hospital is basically ran by apnia auntyian, African ladies and eastern European/polish ladies. 

Im concerned about my mum because shes seeing a lot of suffering there since the virus, a few days back only 3 people had died and now its gone a lot higher in just the last few days!  and shes keep on talking about it, me and my sister try to change the conversation. shes just keep on talking about it for hours and hours   its not healthy!   just today she saw a old pakistani man on ventilator, but the nurses told his son that he's not recovering and that they gnna take the ventilator off, basically let him die!  my mum said he was still looking around!  she said his son started crying really hard and fell onto the floor, she said went over to his son and hugged him and told him to pray.  they then took the ventilator off and he died.   she said she comforted his son.    though shes not admitting it i know shes been crying and is disturbed by this and all the other things shes been seeing there, and she just keep on going on and on and on and on about it    its really not healthy.   shes just a housekeeper but i dont think people realize how these auntiyan are providing the families with a lot of emotion support as well,   but i dnt think any1 is thinking about their mental well being. she comes back from work and starts talking about how people are dying and how the relatives are crying, and she just talks about it for hours!  she is really affected by it  i know she is. today she told me she couldn't sleep last night.  

my sister tried distracting her by taking her into the kitchen and cooking    she likes old movies so i put a old hindi movie on tv. my sister said that were not gnna put the news on either because that just really negative sh1t.    My dad doesn't talk to my mum so that doesn't help either! 

seeing all this suffering and death is not healthy at all   and a lot of these auntiyan go home to grumpy old husbands which doesnt help. 

my respect to all the apni auntiyan, african auntiyan and eastern european/polish ladies that are running these hospitals. 

It is quite difficult to predict what is going to happen in the next few weeks. But as you said in another thread that they are clearing other wards for Covid-19.

Look after your mum, because what is happening is like we are at war and your mum witnessing these things, she maybe suffering some kind of trauma. 

I suspect many people may need counselling.

25 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

It is quite difficult to predict what is going to happen in the next few weeks. But as you said in another thread that they are clearing other wards for Covid-19.

Look after your mum, because what is happening is like we are at war and your mum witnessing these things, she maybe suffering some kind of trauma. 

I suspect many people may need counselling.

yh we are gnna try and distract her from it     i had been noticing it for a few days but didnt say anything, but sister randomly bought it up in conversation how we shouldn't put the news on when she comes home.   she rang my sister today from work and my sister said it sounded like she been crying.    shes seeing a lot of apne bazurg dying there as well 

people with symptoms of the virus are now laying next to patients who dnt have the virus because they have ran out of places. The nurses are under so much stress.  

i txted my cousin sister about this, my mum gets on really well with her   so my cousin sister gnna ring tomorrow 

yh think a lot of the staff is gnna need counselling after this