Sikh Auntiyan on the Frontline against Coronavirus (Covid19)

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh

11 hours ago, Guest Jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

There is nothing...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...that makes me more sick than what happens once a week when middle class white people come out of their homes to 'salute the heroes' by clapping and banging crockery etc. Sickens me to to my core because, these people that have for the first time in their life found out what it is like to live in a police state (the way brown and black people have to spend their entire existence) and so can't stop complaining about it, are too ignorant and blind to appreciate the realities of working class life. Even too ignorant of the English language to understand the difference between heroism and sacrifice.  Beyond the great sacrifice of our great Sikh auntiyan working as cleaners on the frontline these people want to make themselves oblivious to reality of life by saluting the 'heroes' that put their lives on the line by providing our essential services.......people that work in grocery stores, deliveries etc.  These people are sacrifices to their ignorance and corporate greed because they have no choice. There are are mortgages that HAVE to be paid. There are bills that HAVE to be paid. There are loan companies that HAVE to get their money. These people are human sacrifices but the middle and upper class people that have the luxury of being able to isolate want to massage away these realities from their psyche so refer to them as 'heroes'. Once this pandemic is over, however, are any of them that didn't die still going to be referred as 'heroes' ?   No. They will once again go back to being losers on minimum wage low=skilled jobs. They are nothing but sacrifices to the greed and immorality of the priviledged.     Its all a game. A game that is always played.  Big corporations are now going under. They want bail-outs from us....the tax-payer. To get their bailouts they mention their workforce as if, for the first time in their life, they actually care about their workers. They're not $1lly. They know how to play the system. These hedge fund firms that actually own the wealth invested in these businesses know that they need to invoke the name of these workers in order to get a bail-out from mine and yours tax money......to save their investment. Debenhams will go bust. A gap in the market will then exist and another will take it's place needing workers....i.e. ex-employees of Debenhams. That's capitalism and it's fine. What the big companies really want however has nothing to do with the workers,despite of what they say. What they want is for you and me to pay through our tax money to help them out of this mess so that can continue to live their billionaire lifestyle. 

10 NHS doctors dead so far and all 10 of them are brown like me and you.  5 NHS nurses dead so far and 3 of them are brown like me and you. I've spent nearly 2 years on my '$h1t that white people do' thread trying various strategies to teach you about the realities of your life in the UK as brown people. It really is time you woke up and paid attention.

Police state? I have lived in UK all my life and this is the first time I have seen a situation like this

You make a lot of other good points though

Why do you think disproportionate number of BAME NHS workers died? I know in a lot of urban hospitals, the number of ethnic workers will be quite high, but not usually outnumbering whites. 

8 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Police state? I have lived in UK all my life and this is the first time I have seen a situation like this

Why do you think disproportionate number of BAME NHS workers died? I know in a lot of urban hospitals, the number of ethnic workers will be quite high, but not usually outnumbering whites. 

Covid-19 is not racist,  it can effect anyone.

BAME tend to have higher proportion of people with pre-existing conditions. 

Guest Jigsaw_puzzled_singh
On 4/13/2020 at 9:56 AM, Premi5 said:

I don't believe true intellect can exist without true empathy and true empathy is understanding - regardless of whether or not it happens to you personally - the number of ocassions that your fellow brown man gets routinely checked for I.D at border force operations in central london tube stations, the number of our bajurgs that have been here 60 years (but didn't get a British passport) now being threatened with deportation and the number of occassions that plain-clothes home office and police sit in plain-clothes vans just off King Street, prana southall, pouncing on brown men trying to go to work. 

Regardless of whether or not it happens to you......going out the front door whilst brown, being out in the open whilst brown, and trying to work whilst brown - has always carried the risk of being stopped and questioned by the police. The only difference now...with the Lockdown...is that white people are experiencing it for the first time ever. But its a new experience for them. They don't have the coping mechanism to deal with it. So they cry and complain like toddlers. They fill their homes with toilet paper and make videos of themselves tears-down-their-faces crying and comparing it to a prison. 

Yes.

Yes I do.

I think it was page 3 of my '$h1t that white people do' thread, back in 2018, in which I talked about health inequalities. In that thread I mentioned how how all medicine, medicine and health research, is 99.9% euro-centric.i.e. it is about the physiology of the white man. In that thread, I also talked about how daily racial micro-aggressions have a negative accumulative effect on the physiology of the brown and black man, destroying vital cells. This COVID 19 coronavirus is killing a lot of people but by far the people it is killing the most are those with high blood pressure (hypertension) and/or diabetes. I'm not a doctor nor clinically trained in any way so I do not know if there is any part racism plays in causing diabetes but I do know that studies have shown that racist micro-aggressions play a major part in the poor management of diabetes among brown people. As for high blood pressure.........the racist status quo is the known major catalyst of it. And here's the thing......we need to understand and appreciate that Big Tera, Dallysingh100, JKVLondon, MisterSingh and Puzzled know as much as this virus as the doctors. Our minds are conditioned into thinking that doctors are clever and know everything but the fact is that most doctors are only doctors because they came from families priviledged enough to be able to afford to let them study to be doctors. You, me and them actually know jack-$h1t about this virus. We trusted them. They told us asthma suffers were at the biggest risk. They put the patients on ventilators and, once they do, very few of them make it. Its only once this pandemic is over and inquiries are completed that we;ll discover the true picture of just how many people died simply because a ventilator damaged their lungs beyond repair.....which is what ventilators often do. This virus kills a lot of people but mostly it kills people suffering from the conditions that racism most often either causes or ensures is poorly managed: high blood pressure and diabetes. 

Now that's the general population. You asked specifically about BAME healthcare workers and I'll try my best to answer. BAME workers, regardless of the setting - be it in healthcare or in office management of a major insurance company etc - always have to behave in a different way to white workers because the heirarchy of things ensures that whiteness is always at the top. BAME workers do not have that priviledged. When a white worker speaks up and points out safety violations he or she is seen as a confident management material. If a BAME worker speaks up and points out safety concerns he or she is seen as a trouble-maker. A white worker can ensure a rise in the heirarchy by networking with the superiors, who just happen to look and sound just like him or her. The BAME worker also wants to do the best he or she can but doesn't have that luxury because the people higher up do not look like him or her. So he or she knows that one must go that extra mile. One must do more without complaint. We....me and you; the brown people, are conditioned into understanding that the only way our jobs are safe is to just go ahead and do without kicking up a fuss. We do not have the priviledge of being able to kick up a fuss. Regardless of whether there are correct face masks, visors and scrubs the system ensures that we simply go ahead and do. It used to be the price of that is personal pain and burden. For frontline healthcare workers this coronavirus has simply changed the price to death.

On 4/13/2020 at 12:23 AM, Guest Jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

Sorry . Daily Mail brother, missed your message. Yes. You're right. I see my mum in every Kashmiro Kaur, Kulwinder Kaur and Karanjit Kaur. They are all my auntie and mum. Just as my mum always knew I'd always be her voice I will always be their voice. Truth, whether it is about nihangs finally teaching Punjab Police that it's not OK to ridicule people by making them roll on the dirty ground as punishment or pointing out inequalities is all about using our education for good.

But....on a different level.....you say you're a doctor. That's interesting.  I'm not gonna lie to you Daily Mail. I'm good with the ladies and last week after volunteering at a hospital I managed to make a few doctor friends who all happened to be ladies. I got close enough to one or two of them to have some conversations and one of them that worked in ICU told me that the ventilators are killing patients that would otherwise be dead and things like Bhuddist / Hindu yoga (i.s Sikh...but she didn't know anything about Sikhism) breathing techniques would have kept them alive. What say thee Doctor ?

I am not aware of breathing techniques but it has been reported that ventilators may be doing more harm than good. Intensive care medics are increasingly using nasal oxygen or something called PEEP (positive-end expiratory pressure) ventilation, basically non-invasive oxygen therapy and are only using traditional ventilators (intubation) as a last resort. The usual biological parameters which determine the threshold at which ventilation is required is being looked at again because many patients aren't responding to ventilators as well as one would normally expect.

On 4/13/2020 at 9:56 AM, Premi5 said:

simple the sikhs muslims and brown staff were pushed into doing duties continuously in the most crowded , contagious situations instead of the white staff  who got less hours in locations which were less in danger's way.

4 hours ago, DailyMail said:

I am not aware of breathing techniques but it has been reported that ventilators may be doing more harm than good. Intensive care medics are increasingly using nasal oxygen or something called PEEP (positive-end expiratory pressure) ventilation, basically non-invasive oxygen therapy and are only using traditional ventilators (intubation) as a last resort. The usual biological parameters which determine the threshold at which ventilation is required is being looked at again because many patients aren't responding to ventilators as well as one would normally expect.

the point is getting air to the lower third of the lungs , whether by using bariatric chambers , diaphrammatic breathing in a square pattern , or forceful pranayama.. the survival figures on ventilators are asymal only aroun15-20 %... it's so heartbreaking. people are saying that apart from failing gaseous exchange due to interstitsl fluids leaking into lungs , the red blood cells seem to be failing to carry oxtgen efficiently with people getting cyanotic . oxygen therapy has been kinder to these suffering people.

21 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

the point is getting air to the lower third of the lungs , whether by using bariatric chambers , diaphrammatic breathing in a square pattern , or forceful pranayama.. the survival figures on ventilators are asymal only aroun15-20 %... it's so heartbreaking. people are saying that apart from failing gaseous exchange due to interstitsl fluids leaking into lungs , the red blood cells seem to be failing to carry oxtgen efficiently with people getting cyanotic . oxygen therapy has been kinder to these suffering people.

I've been hearing that this is not a lung disease but a blood disease and that the virus releases these ORF chemicals which attack haemoglobin. Chloroquine actually protects the attack against heme

Here's a link: https://techstartups.com/2020/04/11/breaking-new-research-study-reveals-covid-19-attacks-hemoglobin-red-blood-cells-rendering-incapable-transporting-oxygen-fooled-covid-19-current-medical/

14 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

I've been hearing that this is not a lung disease but a blood disease and that the virus releases these ORF chemicals which attack haemoglobin. Chloroquine actually protects the attack against heme

Here's a link: https://techstartups.com/2020/04/11/breaking-new-research-study-reveals-covid-19-attacks-hemoglobin-red-blood-cells-rendering-incapable-transporting-oxygen-fooled-covid-19-current-medical/

Would quinine be similar as in tonic water?  As in one of the oldest medicines?

20 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

the reason why antiparastics work is because it is a parasite not a virus , IV vitamin C will protect the human's body from interstial fluid pooling in the lungs , and Vitamin D will protect you from getting it in the first place because it makes the body hostile terrain. Sarabloh in this instance would be a big help and loads of magnesium/chlorphyll to help RBCs reconfigure their functions again.