Sikh Auntiyan on the Frontline against Coronavirus (Covid19)

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh

Guest Jigsaw_puzzled_singh
On 5/8/2020 at 4:24 PM, DailyMail said:

The BMA crucially, did not. Whether individual NHS Trusts (regardless of proportion of BAME members) issued local guidance, I do not know. I suspect not, however.

What you mean you "don't know" ?   I just told you in the message before so how can you still "don't know".   

I seem to know more about what has been happening in acute hospitals than you do Daily Mail which leads me to suspect that you are either a GP or a community based doctor who has been working well away from the frontline these last couple of months.

It is true that some Black and Asian communities are at greater risk but what isn't clear is why that is so. For example - how about the Indian and Pakistani communities in India and Pakistan - why aren't they suffering a similar mortality rate?

<banned word filter activated> ?   Why did I waste my time writing half a dozen messages on this thread and other threads in which I explained how a combination of the following made BAME staff and patients a far greater risk to this virus:

• Daily racial micro-aggressions having an accumulative negative effect on the body's immune system
  • Daily racial micro-aggressions ensuring BAME people have an extremely poorly managed Diabetes which placed them at far greater risk of dying from this virus
  • An elegant racist system of management endemic in the NHS in which BAME staff do not have the luxury of being able to shelter from danger or bring up safety concerns and, because they are continously having to prove themselves just to stay in a job and get ahead, are conditioned into 'doing more' - 'going that extra mile' without complaint.....i.e. putting themselves in danger without complaint.

And yet you still "don't know". Even after you're told you still don't know.

I don't want to make this personal about you though Daily Mail. This is about what I've said time and again on my '$h1t that white people do' thread. It's about how our life, as brown people, is worthless. We're an after-thought. They don't care about us. Whatever mistakes they made these last 2 months they're more than happy to make again as demonstrated by their announcement today of re-opening schools on 1st June. That decision, just like every decision that came before it, is based on white society. It is based on the knowledge that the kids will still stay away from their elderly grandparents who live in care homes or their own separate homes. Like we don't even exist it makes no attempt to even acknowledge the fact that our kids, by and large, live in households with 3 generations living in it. Our lives are expendable because they know we're too fragmented and ignorant to kick up a fuss.

I stated here on this forum 2 months ago how we were 300% more likely to die from coronavirus than white people. Nobody here listened to me then. Now that's it's official and even the government acknowledges it isn't it really time you read what I've had to say instead of still saying you "don't know" ? 

On 4/24/2020 at 11:37 AM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

Well ?   This is supposed to be a Sikh discussion forum. Don't you think at least one of you should be discussing the possible moral / ethical dilemma that Sikhs will face should tobacco / nicotine patches be touted by our governments as am effective way to protect the body from this virus ?

nicotine is toxin to the system and uses valuable body resources to buffer its effects , I highly doubt it is valid remedial agent for this or any virus.

On 5/8/2020 at 4:24 PM, DailyMail said:

It is true that some Black and Asian communities are at greater risk but what isn't clear is why that is so. For example - how about the Indian and Pakistani communities in India and Pakistan - why aren't they suffering a similar mortality rate? Therefore, is UV light and vitamin D a bigger factor here? 

The latest report from the ONS state that Indian men are 30-40% more likely to die from Covid-19 and for Pakistani/Bangladeshi men it is as high as 60% (compared to white men as a benchmark). 

The NHS will have to act on national guidelines produced by national institutions such as the ONS, rather than any particular NHS Trust. 

Around a month ago the Nursing and Midwifery Council already advised all of it's members regardless of ethnicity that they have the right to not work unless adequate PPE is provided. 

The BMA crucially, did not. Whether individual NHS Trusts (regardless of proportion of BAME members) issued local guidance, I do not know. I suspect not, however.

yes it is a fact that in the northern hemisphere ALL peoples of colour will suffer massive deficiencies in vitamin D because it takes four times the exposure to sunshine to genereate equivalent stocks as paler europeans of those climes. the RDA is calculated way too low and doesn't take into account weight, skin colour or anything of value. Think about it logically, if they cannot make money from patenting the curative/preventative they will remove or dis card it from discussions in media because they want fear and chaos to keep us pliable. most blacks are up to 85% deficient, hispanics around 65%deficient  from studies in usa.
If you don't get the  worse symptoms or even the infection beyond the mild then they cannot convince you to take their gene therapy vaccine which  could have devastating effects on your health and future generations.

On 3/24/2020 at 8:13 AM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

There's a thread on the main page giving thanks to Sikh Medics on the frontline of coronavirus.  But I want to dedicate this thread to some real unsung heroes ; The Sikh auntiyan who work as hospital cleaners in the UK.  From West Middlesex Hospital to Hillingdon to Sandwell to Birmingham to Southampton General to the Royal London - up and down this country there has been and continues to be an army of Sikh auntiyan that deep clean the bed spaces of coronavirus patients. For minimum wage they selflessly put themselves at even greater risk than the doctors and nurses because, Unlike the medics, they are given no in-depth training nor provided with scrubs to wear, fit-tested for masks or given enhanced protective visors and masks. 

With the exception of New York City what's happening in north america is like child's play compared to the dire situation here in the UK and the rest of Europe. That hasn't stopped Americans and Canadians acting like babies though. Compared to them.....this army of Sikh Aunties in the UK that work as deep cleaners on the frontline are the real warriors. 

Aunty jis - I salute you.?

Yes and all nhs cleaners not just Sikh. Doing a good job, very brave