Gurdwara attacked 30+ Afghan sikhs genocided murdered by ISIS sunni salafi terrorists

genie

2 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Thanks again

Can u plz tell a bit more about Jesus?

Did he order killing of other tribes and women?

Jesus life, sayings and doings are in the Gospels, which were written by Mathew, Luke etc who were the apostals of Jesus. I havent read much of the Gospels, but if we go by them then Jesus was a peaceful man who never ordered violence. He questioned the authority of the Jewish high  priests and their claim to priesthood. He also was very vocal against how the Jewish priests had turned the temple into a business by setting up stalls selling chickens and money lenders etc, he actually flipped the tables and set the chickens free and said that the priests have no right to turn his fathers(Gods) temple into a business.  It was these acts that got him into trouble.

Jesus also claimed to be the messiah or the savior but also claimed to be the son of God. Jews saw this as blasphemy. The Jews rejected Jesus as the Messiah and called his miracles black magic. 

Jesus was very popular among the downtrodden of society, the poor, lepers, widows, prostitutes etc.

Theres a famous story of how the Jewish priests were going to stone a prostitute to death for committing sexual sin,  a punishment that muslims later adopted. Jesus stepped forward and said to the jewish priests those who are without sin to cast the first stone, meaning the whichever priest standing there that is free of sin himself should throw the first stone at the prostitute. All the jewish priest dropped there stones and walked off.  He was very vocal about the hypocrisy among the priests.    

Nowhere does jesus ask his men to carry out murder or rape women or anything like that. In fact he said turn the other cheek, which means if som1 hits you dont retaliate. 

Fights started breaking out between the Orthodox Jews and the Jews that were now following jesus and saw him as messiah. The priests were not happy about his growing influence and unrest started spreading everywhere. 

The jewish priests then got Jesus done for blasphemy and asked the Roman general to crucify Jesus. That region of the world was ruled by the Roman empire at the time, and the Romans didnt want any riots. The Jewish priests then told the Roman general that Jesus was the cause of all the unrest and that he should get crucified and out of the way. The Romans agreed and Jesus was then crucified.

Main problem with Christianity is that Jesus never wrote the Gospels. Many Gosepls existed and the early Christians were basically Jews. It was very unclear among them who Jesus was and what his message was and what a Christian should believe or practice. Early Christians like the desert fathers were mystics, Gnostic Gospels popped up and they were very mystical in nature. Early Christians would write about things like inner struggle between their vices and soul. They would venture into the desert to meditate etc. During the meeting of nicea it was decided what Christianity is and who Jesus is. Its during this meeting that the Church fathers dumped the Gnostic teachings and Gospels and accepted the 4 current Gospels as the authentic Gospels. What ever writings they did not agree with were removed. Its at this meeting that they came to the conclusion that Jesus is God as well as the son of God. This meeting changed Christianity and gave it its own identity. B4 this Christians were basically Jewish in practice and custom.

St Paul played a huge part in shaping Christian theology. He decided that Christians dnt need to get circumcised, keep Jewish fasting etc  he also was basically the one that created the trinity.   Muslims traditionally see him as the one who altered the original Gospel which they believe was sent by Allah.  St Paul basically created Christianity.

So you can see very little is known about the real Jesus, the whole religion was created and shaped much later, Jesus never created a religion. 

1 minute ago, puzzled said:

Jesus life, sayings and doings are in the Gospels, which were written by Mathew, Luke etc who were the apostals of Jesus. I havent readm much of the Gospels, but if we go by them then Jesus was a peaceful man. He questioned the authority of the Jewish high  priests and their claim to priesthood. He also was very vocal against how the Jewish priests had turned the temple into a business by setting up stalls selling chickens and money lenders etc, he actually flipped the tables and set the chickens free and said that the priests have no right to turn his fathers(Gods) temple into a business.  It was these acts that got him into trouble.

Jesus also claimed to be the messiah or the savior but also claimed to be the son of God. Jews saw this a blasphemy. The Jews rejected Jesus as the Messiah and called his miracles black magic. 

Jesus was very popular among the downtrodden of society, the poor, lepers, widows, prostitutes etc.

Theres a famous story of how the Jewish priests were going to stone a prostitute to death for committing sexual sin,  a punishment that muslims later adopted. Jesus stepped forward and said to the jewish priests those who are without sin to cast the first stone, meaning the whichever priest standing there that is free of sin himself should throw the first stone at the prostitute. All the jewish priest dropped there stones and walked off.  He was very vocal about the hypocrisy among the priests.    

Nowhere does jesus ask his men to carry out murder or rape women or anything like that. In fact he said turn the other cheek, which means if som1 hits you dont retaliate. 

Fights started breaking out between the Orthodox Jews and the Jews that were now following jesus and saw him as messiah. The priests were happy about his growing influence and unrest started spreading everywhere. 

The jewish priests then got Jesus done for blasphemy and asked the Roman general to crucify Jesus. That region of the world was ruled by the Roman empire at the time, and the Romans didnt want any riots. The Jewish priests then told the Roman general that Jesus was the cause of all the unrest and that he should get crucified and out of the way. Jesus was then crucified.

Main problem with Christianity is that Jesus never wrote the Gospels. Many Gosepls existed and the early Christians were basically Jews. It was very unclear among hem who Jesus was and what his message was and what a Christian should believe or practice. Early Christians like the desert fathers were mystics, Gnostic Gospels popped up and they were very mystical in nature. Early Christians would write about things like inner struggle between their vices and soul. They would venture into the desert to meditate etc. During the meeting of nicea it was decided what Christianity is and who Jesus is. Its during this meeting that the Church fathers dumped the Gnostic teachings and Gospels and accepted the 4 current Gospels as the authentic Gospels. What ever writings they did not agree with were removed. Its at this meeting that they came to the conclusion that Jesus is God as well as the son of God. This meeting changed Christianity and gave it its own identity. B4 this Christians were basically Jewish in practice and custom.

St Paul played a huge part in shaping Christian theology. He decided that Christians dnt need to get circumcised, keep Jewish fasting etc  I think he also was the one that created the trinity.   Muslims traditionally see him as the one who altered the original Gospel which they believe was sent Allah.  St Paul basically created Christianity.

So you can see very little is known about the real Jesus, the whole religion was created and shaped much later, Jesus never created a religion. 

There's nothing wrong with Jesus. And there's nothing wrong with being a Christian. Show some respect for other faiths. 

We as Sikhs may not agree with other religions. But we are taught to respect others beliefs. 

3 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

There's nothing wrong with Jesus. And there's nothing wrong with being a Christian. Show some respect for other faiths. 

We as Sikhs may not agree with other religions. But we are taught to respect others beliefs. 

What are you on about?

I think what Puzzled has written is well summarised and quite factually correct.

He hasn't disrespected anyone.

5 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

What are you on about?

I think what Puzzled has written is well summarised and quite factually correct.

I have not read all what he posted. But presumed he was trying to come out with faults of other faiths. We as Sikhs should be secure in our faith not to find faults with other religions. 

43 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

What are you on about?

my guess is Jesus was another prophet, Trinity was created much later by Paul. Think Muslims are right on this one. 

Muslims got punishments like stoning people to death from the Jews, but i wouldn't be surprised if the Christians were still doing that even though Jesus was against it.    

7 hours ago, puzzled said:

my guess is Jesus was another prophet, Trinity was created much later by Paul. Think Muslims are right on this one. 

Muslims got punishments like stoning people to death from the Jews, but i wouldn't be surprised if the Christians were still doing that even though Jesus was against it.    

I wonder if Jesus actually existed and if he wasn't made up.

There was a lot of Greek/Hellenic influence down the East Mediterranean,  I wonder if some other beliefs/philosophies got mixed up somewhere. 

I suspect also that origins of Islam are quite murky. 

I don't think that it originated in Mecca at all but further north.