Gurdwara attacked 30+ Afghan sikhs genocided murdered by ISIS sunni salafi terrorists

genie

To be Christian means to emulate yourself after Christ. 

By this definition there has hardly been a sincere Christian. 

Even parts of the New Testament, statements by Jesus, about who he is, and what is important, are misinterpreted in my opinion. 

Jesus prayed to God. 

The talk at the last supper, that most sacraments are designed after, are taken out of context, the statements were made to the disciples, that Jesus died to pay for THEIR sins not Jesus came and every catholic mobster and spanish inquisitor is some how saved, when they ignore the teachings of Christ and commit atrocities. 

Other statements about him being the Truth and the Light are spoken without ego from a state of Sanjog and its this union with The One that is salvation. 

The New Testament contains anecdotes about Jesus to emulate, but the Our Father is really his only direct work as far as we know. Reading that prayer with Daram in mind makes it quite concise and powerful as far as prayers go. Being a Rabi, and educated, it's clear we do not have the benefit of the actual writings and teachings. 

Fortunately Gurbani is complete in this offering. 

4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I wonder if Jesus actually existed and if he wasn't made up.

There was a lot of Greek/Hellenic influence down the East Mediterranean,  I wonder if some other beliefs/philosophies got mixed up somewhere. 

I suspect also that origins of Islam are quite murky. 

I don't think that it originated in Mecca at all but further north.

I think he was a real man, a saint? And possibly was crucified because that was actually a very common punishment under the Roman's.

But everything else seems to be added later on   they made him into something that he was not. The whole virgin birth, him being god in human form, the wise men following the star   everything.

Christianity was created by the powerful church fathers and they made jesus into a God, and crafted his image, the virgin birth etc  this god jesus   has nothing to do with the real man that possible once lived and preached.  The god jesus was sketched by the powerful priests. I guess the creation of this religion  by them was for political gain.  

And later the Roman's made christianity into the state religion, which gave Christianity the kind of power and influence that no religion has ever seen. 

This is when mary the mother of jesus was made into a goddess, she just replaced the goddesses that the romans/pagans used to worship. Same idols, rituals  but a new name mary. 

Imo christianity is the biggest and most successful business venture ever! 

Just look at the vatican to this day! 

3 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

So that's why Christian nuns do seva of poor,lepers.

was mother Teresa a good lady?

No bro  she was a fraud!  The whole image of white woman cradling a dark malnourished child is a very popular image in the media which they have been using for a very long time.

She was nothing but a cash cow for the Vatican, a poster girl.  She made millions through charity and it's a well know fact that all the money went to the pope/vatican. 

She didnt use a single penny on the kids in her orphanage. All the kids in her orphanage used to sleep on the concrete floors and her nurses used the same needles on all the kids. She had this strange obsession with death and the dead like a lot of Catholics do and she didnt use any modern treatment on the kids. Disease spread a lot in her orphanage,  all of this despite receiving millions through charity.

The hypocrisy is that when she needed treatment herself she would fly off to America for modern western treatment in a jet.  

While her kids were sleeping on concrete floors with no treatment she herlself would fly off to America when she was sick. Does that sound like a saint to you?

She made the Vatican millions in her lifetime,  and after she died the Vatican decided to make her into a saint.

She was a fraud. 

Vatican is one of the richest institutions in the world  yet rome Is full of homeless people. 

A lot of Christian's see the Vatican as satanic. 

22 minutes ago, puzzled said:

No bro  she was a fraud!  The whole image of white woman cradling a dark malnourished child is a very popular image in the media which they have been using for a very long time.

She was nothing but a cash cow for the Vatican, a poster girl.  She made millions through charity and it's a well know fact that all the money went to the pope/vatican. 

She didnt use a single penny on the kids in her orphanage. All the kids in her orphanage used to sleep on the concrete floors and her nurses used the same needles on all the kids. She had this strange obsession with death and the dead like a lot of Catholics do and she didnt use any modern treatment on the kids. Disease spread a lot in her orphanage,  all of this despite receiving millions through charity.

The hypocrisy is that when she needed treatment herself she would fly off to America for modern western treatment in a jet.  

While her kids were sleeping on concrete floors with no treatment she herlself would fly off to America when she was sick. Does that sound like a saint to you?

She made the Vatican millions in her lifetime,  and after she died the Vatican decided to make her into a saint.

She was a fraud. 

Vatican is one of the richest institutions in the world  yet rome Is full of homeless people. 

A lot of Christian's see the Vatican as satanic. 

So there is day night difference between "mother" Teresa and Bhagat Puran Singh ji.

how unfair this world is!

dear veer, how was zoroaster?

was he the first man to talk about 1 God.?

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

I think he was a real man, a saint? And possibly was crucified because that was actually a very common punishment under the Roman's.

But everything else seems to be added later on   they made him into something that he was not. The whole virgin birth, him being god in human form, the wise men following the star   everything.

Christianity was created by the powerful church fathers and they made jesus into a God, and crafted his image, the virgin birth etc  this god jesus   has nothing to do with the real man that possible once lived and preached.  The god jesus was sketched by the powerful priests. I guess the creation of this religion  by them was for political gain.  

And later the Roman's made christianity into the state religion, which gave Christianity the kind of power and influence that no religion has ever seen. 

This is when mary the mother of jesus was made into a goddess, she just replaced the goddesses that the romans/pagans used to worship. Same idols, rituals  but a new name mary. 

Imo christianity is the biggest and most successful business venture ever! 

Just look at the vatican to this day! 

The reason I would question the existence of Jesus is because there seems to be no Roman records that he existed. 

16 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The reason I would question the existence of Jesus is because there seems to be no Roman records that he existed. 

Yh that's another thing lol    it is fishy isnt lol     same with all the other events in the old testament.  Like apparently when moses left egypt with the hebrews, there were half a million hebrews! According to the bible they roamed judean desert for 40 years   yet not a single record exists of half a million people migrating out of egypt and then roaming around for 40 years. There also is no archeological evidence for this, no traces of mass human migration, no humans remains, pottery, material nothing! Absolutely nothing. There also no evidence in egypt of the Egyptians actually taking in half a million slaves. 

People have discovered so much about the ancient Egyptians though archeology and what not, yet not a single piece if evidence exists about half a million people being taken in by the pharaohs and living there for 100s of years and then mass migration taking place out of Egypt. Nothing 

Same with all the other biblical stuff. 

I dnt even think there are records of the Muslim prophet, but then again apparently the pagans like the indians weren't great record keepers. 

1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

So there is day night difference between "mother" Teresa and Bhagat Puran Singh ji.

how unfair this world is!

dear veer, how was zoroaster?

was he the first man to talk about 1 God.?

No way was she anything like bhagat puran Singh ji. Bhagat puran singh ji was/is the epitome of selflessness and sewa.    She was just a well constructed fake image.

Bro I dont know too much about zoroaster, but yes he believed in one god, whether if he said his before judaism I'm not sure,  i dont know the chronology of it.  But there was this parsi girl that i worked with and she said that zoroastrianism was the first to say that there is 1 god.   What I do know is that the idea of heaven and earth and divine judgment existed in zoroastrianism way before it christianity or islam even existed. I'm not sure which came first judaism or zoroastrianism but jewish scriptures really dont talk about a after life.   zoroastrianism had strong influence on christianities heaven and hell, which later islam had as well. 

But this idea of divine judgment is very old. Even the ancient egyption believed in it. Egyptians have the book of the dead where there is a depiction of a mortal being judged with his heart on a scale, with a deity of death standing before him.   

Like I said I dnt know the chronology of which came with these concepts first egyptions, zoroastrians, pagans, but these definitely had a influence on the 3 abrahamic faiths.    Though the jewish scriptures hardly mention life after death, heaven/hell    even jews started believing in this once the Christians came. 

But then where do the vedas fit in all this? Coz vedas too mention yamraj/dharamraj as the divine judge and deity of death.

Zoroastrianism seems to share some similarities with the vedic religion. They use fire as a focal point, believe in deities as well as 1 god, their temples are shaped like hindu mandirs and one of there symbols is a peacock even though peacocks never existed in Persia!  I did question the parsi girl I worked with about this stuff and whether if hindu dharam came up with the idea of 1 supreme god/parmaathma  and all the rest first, but she didnt like that very much and said it was the other way round and that zoroastrianism had influence on the vedic religion lol. 

3 hours ago, puzzled said:

No way was she anything like bhagat puran Singh ji. Bhagat puran singh ji was/is the epitome of selflessness and sewa.    She was just a well constructed fake image.

Bro I dont know too much about zoroaster, but yes he believed in one god, whether if he said his before judaism I'm not sure,  i dont know the chronology of it.  But there was this parsi girl that i worked with and she said that zoroastrianism was the first to say that there is 1 god.   What I do know is that the idea of heaven and earth and divine judgment existed in zoroastrianism way before it christianity or islam even existed. I'm not sure which came first judaism or zoroastrianism but jewish scriptures really dont talk about a after life.   zoroastrianism had strong influence on christianities heaven and hell, which later islam had as well. 

But this idea of divine judgment is very old. Even the ancient egyption believed in it. Egyptians have the book of the dead where there is a depiction of a mortal being judged with his heart on a scale, with a deity of death standing before him.   

Like I said I dnt know the chronology of which came with these concepts first egyptions, zoroastrians, pagans, but these definitely had a influence on the 3 abrahamic faiths.    Though the jewish scriptures hardly mention life after death, heaven/hell    even jews started believing in this once the Christians came. 

But then where do the vedas fit in all this? Coz vedas too mention yamraj/dharamraj as the divine judge and deity of death.

Zoroastrianism seems to share some similarities with the vedic religion. They use fire as a focal point, believe in deities as well as 1 god, their temples are shaped like hindu mandirs and one of there symbols is a peacock even though peacocks never existed in Persia!  I did question the parsi girl I worked with about this stuff and whether if hindu dharam came up with the idea of 1 supreme god/parmaathma  and all the rest first, but she didnt like that very much and said it was the other way round and that zoroastrianism had influence on the vedic religion lol. 

The Jews picked up a lot of their ideology from the Zoroastrians.

The Babylonians invaded Israel/Judea and the Jews were exiled. 

The Persians took over Babylon and released the Jews.  It was at this time the Abrahamics picked up concepts such as god/devil, heaven/hell etc.