Sign in to follow this  
genie

Give your reasons of biggest threats or downfall that Sikhs face

On 4/5/2020 at 10:21 AM, Premi5 said:

Is that true about Dasvsndh only for Panthic causes? 

what about ‘Sarbat da bhalla’ ?

yes dasvandh was only meant to protect the gareeb sikhs from being taken advantage of, doing parchaar of gurbani/sursikhi and running pangat (but history shows that sikhs used to donate seperately for degh and pangat)

On 4/4/2020 at 11:20 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

Start with exactly that. And build in that direction.  I'm all for it. That's my point. Be for it. 

Be for the organizations that are for it. Make new ones that are for it. 

Be for having enough, having enough for those around you, having enough beyond that. 

I'm all for self determination, and collaboration. 

But our threads on stuff like that are empty. 

So let's frame it in the positive. 

too many organisation abound and zero coordination as shown in that video I posted about sikh NGOs meeting with authorities in Ludhiana , need was for langar for 100,000 but food for 500,000 was being made on daily basis in this time of hardship, then it was being givem to the same group of people in the same 4 locations by sikhs going one group after another. As the Singh says NO ONE is dying of hunger in the towns as those same labourers are being given food rations and money by either their bosses or the goverment ON TOP of them grabbing up langar and then 'feeding it to our cows because it makes our kids sick' .
wheat crops have failed this year due to combination of hailstorms and curfew only 30 % yield , we are wheat eaters  and what is the state government's response ? Not save stored grain for state population but to send 20 trainloads out of Punjab to other states who also have their own crops to eat. Remember this is the same Ahole who OK'd the deliberate flooding of punjab's fields to disrupt farming yields for 5 Years .

Punjabis are literally scared to say/do anything that the hindus may object to even if they are totally merciless in diverting all tax revenues to centre , reduce investment in healthcare to such an extent that there is no way hygiene could be maintained . fake medicines have flooded Punjab's markets killing those in need.

Sikhs HAVE TO COORDINATE efforts, resources outside of SGPC/RSS/CONGRESS/Akali  control Gurdwarey have to become property of Guru Panth ONLY and serve the people's needs : educational, medical, spiritual, Fitness and Defence. The days of Langar roadshows have to stop , these politicians will have us expend our last penny and cook our last grain to feed others so that we are brought to our knees. Time to put on our airmasks and help all other sikhs put on theirs . Guru ji did not do langar roadshows he made dharamshaley for those who came to His door; he helped and he didn't help those who could help themselves but expected people to do kirit first and if that failed then rely on langar.

Our own people are suffering in the villages behind closed doors , don't see many NGOs worrying about them ...

It is a truth that the most money collected for charity is by the sikhs in Uk, Canada  and India   we are talking millions of pounds/dollars and then we also donate time, effort food  on top . If we were  coordinated properly there would be proper use of Golak and no replication of effort and wastage . Quite easily we could build the hospital wards, vet clinics, schools colleges  with  which we could  serve our people and others to free education, healthcare , we could educate the nurses, doctors, scientists, engineers we need , we could give/lend money to farmers to switch to organic farming again and permaculture methods . Water preservation/harvesting could be a major target for sikhs as well since we are being squeezed from all sides for our natural river water. Problem is the wrong people are being listened to .

Proactive is spot on about Daswandh. 

Daswandh can only be used for Sikh related purposes. But if you want to give Daan to non Sikhs that is fine too but not Daswand. Daswand and Daan are two different things. It is unethical for using a word like daswandh for daan

• Like 3

-----------------

UK Direct Debit

Your Dasvandh to Khalsa Aid will help many who are suffering from natural disasters, conflicts and poverty all over the world. Khalsa Aid is the world’s first cross-border humanitarian relief organisation based on the Sikh teachings. We thank you for your support.

-------------------------------------

From the Khalsa Aid website. As a Amritdhari, Ravi Singh should be aware what Daswandh is and how it has to be utilised but it either shows his deep ignorance or something more sinister. 

Maybe asking for Daswandh generates more donations rather than just asking for daan. Most Sikhs are not so knowledgeable to know the difference so KA gets away with this. 

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

too many organisation abound and zero coordination as shown in that video I posted about sikh NGOs meeting with authorities in Ludhiana , need was for langar for 100,000 but food for 500,000 was being made on daily basis in this time of hardship, then it was being givem to the same group of people in the same 4 locations by sikhs going one group after another. As the Singh says NO ONE is dying of hunger in the towns as those same labourers are being given food rations and money by either their bosses or the goverment ON TOP of them grabbing up langar and then 'feeding it to our cows because it makes our kids sick' .
wheat crops have failed this year due to combination of hailstorms and curfew only 30 % yield , we are wheat eaters  and what is the state government's response ? Not save stored grain for state population but to send 20 trainloads out of Punjab to other states who also have their own crops to eat. Remember this is the same Ahole who OK'd the deliberate flooding of punjab's fields to disrupt farming yields for 5 Years .

Punjabis are literally scared to say/do anything that the hindus may object to even if they are totally merciless in diverting all tax revenues to centre , reduce investment in healthcare to such an extent that there is no way hygiene could be maintained . fake medicines have flooded Punjab's markets killing those in need.

Sikhs HAVE TO COORDINATE efforts, resources outside of SGPC/RSS/CONGRESS/Akali  control Gurdwarey have to become property of Guru Panth ONLY and serve the people's needs : educational, medical, spiritual, Fitness and Defence. The days of Langar roadshows have to stop , these politicians will have us expend our last penny and cook our last grain to feed others so that we are brought to our knees. Time to put on our airmasks and help all other sikhs put on theirs . Guru ji did not do langar roadshows he made dharamshaley for those who came to His door; he helped and he didn't help those who could help themselves but expected people to do kirit first and if that failed then rely on langar.

Our own people are suffering in the villages behind closed doors , don't see many NGOs worrying about them ...

It is a truth that the most money collected for charity is by the sikhs in Uk, Canada  and India   we are talking millions of pounds/dollars and then we also donate time, effort food  on top . If we were  coordinated properly there would be proper use of Golak and no replication of effort and wastage . Quite easily we could build the hospital wards, vet clinics, schools colleges  with  which we could  serve our people and others to free education, healthcare , we could educate the nurses, doctors, scientists, engineers we need , we could give/lend money to farmers to switch to organic farming again and permaculture methods . Water preservation/harvesting could be a major target for sikhs as well since we are being squeezed from all sides for our natural river water. Problem is the wrong people are being listened to .

There are organisations who used funds solely for Sikh causes but Ravi Singh has pretty hogged all the limelight so when one looks into Sikh charities, KA comes up first and most Sikhs jus donate to them without looking at what the funds will be used for. KA has started to get challenged by Sikhs about why they do not do anything for Sikhs in needs and they have started some work but it is about 10% of their total work. They put up a few post about Sikligars and then start to ask for donations. I have written before that KA has over £5 million in the bank and if even half that money was used for Sikhs causes it would be a game changer for the future of Sikhs in Punjab. But Ravi Singh is too arrogant to even consider that. He is just into self promotion appearing in TV shows and newspapers. His latest joke of a post on facebook was asking people in Punjab what they need during the lockdown. I would have thought that having dozens of volunteers or more in Punjab and India he does not have any idea what the people of Punjab need. 

1 hour ago, proactive said:

-----------------

UK Direct Debit

Your Dasvandh to Khalsa Aid will help many who are suffering from natural disasters, conflicts and poverty all over the world. Khalsa Aid is the world’s first cross-border humanitarian relief organisation based on the Sikh teachings. We thank you for your support.

-------------------------------------

From the Khalsa Aid website. As a Amritdhari, Ravi Singh should be aware what Daswandh is and how it has to be utilised but it either shows his deep ignorance or something more sinister. 

Maybe asking for Daswandh generates more donations rather than just asking for daan. Most Sikhs are not so knowledgeable to know the difference so KA gets away with this. 

Regardless of use of word daswandh or not, that statement makes it clear what the money is used for. 

Still no other charities mentioned, no new ideas, no good actions, no books of supposedly better charities. People that give to KA clearly know what their funds are used for.

If you don't like it, don't give to them, and find or make a more worthy organisation. 

But none of that will happen I'm guessing. 

I support any pro Sikh pro Sikhia moves but nobody is making any. 

2 hours ago, Jonny101 said:

Proactive is spot on about Daswandh. 

Daswandh can only be used for Sikh related purposes. But if you want to give Daan to non Sikhs that is fine too but not Daswand. Daswand and Daan are two different things. It is unethical for using a word like daswandh for daan

When Sant Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa Bhindranwale built the mandir for the Hindus, did he use daswand or Daan.  Sant ji had very little money of his own.  Just enough to feed his family.  However he had a lot of money coming in from Sikhs who gave daswand for the Sikh cause.  So did Sant Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa Bhindranwale use daswand to build a mandir?

2 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

When Sant Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa Bhindranwale built the mandir for the Hindus, did he use daswand or Daan.  Sant ji had very little money of his own.  Just enough to feed his family.  However he had a lot of money coming in from Sikhs who gave daswand for the Sikh cause.  So did Sant Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa Bhindranwale use daswand to build a mandir?

Which Mandir? Did he built from scratch? Did Sikhs do karsewa? Or did he support the mandir to be built where permission was not given? Is this the jail place story? 

15 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

Which Mandir? Did he built from scratch? Did Sikhs do karsewa? Or did he support the mandir to be built where permission was not given? Is this the jail place story? 

Asking questions is good when they are genuine.  Which I believe you are being genuine.   However,  you will have to look for the video.  It's on YouTube.   I have no doubt that Sant Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa Bhindranwale said he built a mandir in a village where there was not one.  

2 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

Asking questions is good when they are genuine.  Which I believe you are being genuine.   However,  you will have to look for the video.  It's on YouTube.   I have no doubt that Sant Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa Bhindranwale said he built a mandir in a village where there was not one.  

I've checked the speeches and the only one that comes close to what you wrote is transcribed in the book Struggle for Justice which contains speeches and statements of Sant Bhindranwale. 

http://panjabdigilib.org/webuser/searches/displayPage.jsp?ID=5279&page=1&CategoryID=1&Searched=

On page 296 -297 of the book 

CAMPAIGN OF CHARACTER ASSASSINATION AGAINST ME 

These stories about throwing bombs in temples are fabrications to malign the [Sikh] Nation. Thara Singh is sitting here behind Sant Ji. From among our Jatha, he was [supposed to be] the big robber. The Government arrested him. They said he is a bad character. What had this bad man done? He had a gurdwara built in Gurdaspur [jail] as well as a temple. She says that Bhindranwala destroys temples, that he does not like temples and wishes to destroy them, that he kills Hindus. Responsible persons who are associated with the Jatha go there and build temples. You can figure out yourselves whether I am in favor of destroying temples or of keeping them. Our Father sacrificed his entire family for the sake of [Hindu] temples and she gives help to people who destroy gurdwaras; the followers of human gurus and of hypocrites. On top of it she blames Sikhs that' they make trouble. If they make trouble, sit at! a table and clear up the accounts. Sikhs have given ninety-three heads. Give us land for the ninety-three heads and give them [the Hindus] land proportionate to the seven38 they have provided. You can take what is your* share for the seven heads. This will be a fair split. Such total falsehood! We have fto protect ourselves from this false propaganda. This brother installed an idol worth six thousand rupees at that place. I asked him: "Why did you install this idol." He said: "There were two or three Hindus in jail for minor crimes like petty theft and larceny. They started crying." They said: "Baba Ji, get us an idol installed here." I said that if he had spent the six thousand to buy a .303 [rifle] it might have been some use. In any case, Khalsa Ji, this man is soft of heart. His concern has always been to build gurdwaras. He went there and had one built. If we build gurdwaras, build temples, we are still extremists. If we lay down our lives for [the protection of] temples, we are extremists. If we spend six thousand rupees of our own to install an idol in a temple, even then we are extremists. Now you have to consider what we have to do. 

This relates to an incident where Baba Thara Singh a well know member of Santji's jatha was in jail in Gurdaspur and on feeling sorry for some Hindus who asked for his help he (Baba Thara Singh) installed an idol worth Rs6,000 for these Hindus. It is quite relevant that Santji then states that had Baba Thara Singh bought a rifle instead with the money then this would have been of SOME USE but because Baba Thara Singh has a soft heart. 

So if this is the story that you viewed on youtube then you have totally subverted the message that Santji was giving by narrating this story. You have made the claim that Santji had built a Mandir when the story was exactly opposite to what you stated. Santji even said that buying a rifle is better than building a Mandir. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, proactive said:

I've checked the speeches and the only one that comes close to what you wrote is transcribed in the book Struggle for Justice which contains speeches and statements of Sant Bhindranwale. 

http://panjabdigilib.org/webuser/searches/displayPage.jsp?ID=5279&page=1&CategoryID=1&Searched=

I had no idea they had this book online 

👍 

1 hour ago, proactive said:

Keep looking, Sant ji clearly says it in a speech.