expensive amazing horses of punjab!

3 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

plz tell which breeds were used by puratan Singhs?

Most likely central Asian and Middle Eastern  breeds such as the Turki, Persian and Arabian.  They had the best breeding stock of the time and would have made there way into Hind by Mughal rulers of the time.  Marwari horses would have naturally been used locally by the Rajputs so I’m sure Sikhs would have used these also but the most sort after would have been the horses used by the Mughals and Persian invaders.  The breeding programme was introduced by Maharajah Ranjit Singh during his reign, and again he favoured the most sort after breeds of the time, most likely Arabian just like his most prized horse.  

Looking back through historical art, the horses used by the Sikhs did not always have inward facing ears in the illustrations, so we can get an idea they were not Marwari.  As soon as you try to cross the breed with other horses, the offspring loses it’s unique feature of the ears.  This is why the Marwari is so unique and beautiful.

Also the Gurus were gifted the best Horses and Shastars of time, so we can assume the Horses were made up of the best from Central Asia and Middle East. 

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

Any1 know which breed of horse guru gobind singh jis horse was?  You can actually get horses that are of a blue shade but they dont belong to any particular breed. 

The blue Horses are sometimes referred to as dappled grey or blue.  Nobody really knows what the exact breed was that Guru Gobind Singh Ji possessed, but it would have been the best and most sort after breed of it’s time whether that be Persian, Arabian or Turki.  I actually remember visiting a horse mandi near Amritsar many years ago and remember seeing a dappled blue Marwari stallion.  The horse was stunning and was hot blooded which is also a trait of the breed.  Unfortunately I’ve never seen one like it again. 

16 minutes ago, TigerForce1 said:

The blue Horses are sometimes referred to as dappled grey or blue.  Nobody really knows what the exact breed was that Guru Gobind Singh Ji possessed, but it would have been the best and most sort after breed of it’s time whether that be Persian, Arabian or Turki.  I actually remember visiting a horse mandi near Amritsar many years ago and remember seeing a dappled blue Marwari stallion.  The horse was stunning and was hot blooded which is also a trait of the breed.  Unfortunately I’ve never seen one like it again. 

I was listening to katha of giani sher singh ji and he was saying that at anandpur sahib,there was one normal big tabella of horses and then there was one small special tabella for extraordinary special horses.

1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

I was listening to katha of giani sher singh ji and he was saying that at anandpur sahib,there was one normal big tabella of horses and then there was one small special tabella for extraordinary special horses.

It would have been amazing to view the collection of horses.  The most amazing thing is that most of the most rarest and valuable possessions of Guru Sahib, such as the white elephant, blue horse and white falcon were gifted by people who’s hearts were filled with the most love for their Guru.