expensive amazing horses of punjab!

38 minutes ago, TigerForce1 said:

as the white elephant, blue horse and white falcon were gifted by people who’s hearts were filled with the most love for their Guru.

India dnt have that many white coloured animals   the falcon must of been from foreign lands or from the Himalayan regions I guess. 

12 minutes ago, puzzled said:

In the UK I remember there used to be those horses with long hair on their hooves   dnt see them anymore  

Shire Horses!  They are huge horses that were used to pull ploughs working the farmS.  Really strong breed but gentle in nature.  Problem with keeping a horse in the UK is the running cost.  Buying them is relatively cheap but the food costs and stable costs would bankrupt most people.

21 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Blue Arabian horse 

48564844fc004077bd2d98edeae27df1.jpg

Beautiful example!  These are really majestic horses.  The interesting thing about Arabians is that there skin under their hair is black.  So when you see a white Arabian the muzzle, eyelids and brows are always black.  You’ll never see a completely white Arabian. 

36 minutes ago, TigerForce1 said:

Shire Horses!  They are huge horses that were used to pull ploughs working the farmS.  Really strong breed but gentle in nature.  Problem with keeping a horse in the UK is the running cost.  Buying them is relatively cheap but the food costs and stable costs would bankrupt most people.

yh i was just thinking that earlier today   the amount of money for the land, stable etc  would be a lot lol 

couple of houses down from mine this Irish traveler family lives and one of their relative come around sometimes and brings a horse with a cart attached to it    but then again irish travelers have caravan sites so the horse probably dont  cost them much    they get away with a lot! 

42 minutes ago, TigerForce1 said:

Shire Horses!  They are huge horses that were used to pull ploughs working the farmS.  Really strong breed but gentle in nature.

really interesting   just googled it    really powerful majestic looking horses      i remember the police used to ride these horses not sure if they still do     back in the 90s we used to have the police on these horses at the nagar kirtans as well 

47 minutes ago, puzzled said:

really interesting   just googled it    really powerful majestic looking horses      i remember the police used to ride these horses not sure if they still do     back in the 90s we used to have the police on these horses at the nagar kirtans as well 

Yeh these horses now used for shows and parades to make a presence.  You see these types of breeds in the Queens parade with the military drummer on them.  They aren’t really that good for riding because they have a really broad back, you’ll end up walking like John Wayne if your not careful.  Great for pulling carts and heavy loads like the old time beer drayman and coal wagons.

9 minutes ago, puzzled said:

You know when you see people standing on the horses back, with like one foot on one horse and the other foot on the other horse   is that damaging for the horses back?  or is it ok? 

With the power and strength the horses possess, I doubt the horse would even notice.  The saddle is only for the comfort of the rider really.  Also the weight is distributed between two horses so that lessens the load and also experienced riders know exactly where to place the foot without causing discomfort to the horses.