how to improve voice for kirtan

jasonsingh

On 4/9/2020 at 5:09 PM, jasonsingh said:

waheguru ji ka Khalsa waheguru ji ki fathe

iv been doing kirtan and I really enjoy it and want to advance In kirtan but my voice sounds very bad and I need to improve it so is there any advice form any one how to improve my voice so I can do kirtan better 

You can improve your voice by neighing and braying from your bedroom window every morning.  Start at  4 a.m and finish at 8 a.m every day, making sure not to disturb anyone else around you.  Believe you me it’s the best exercise for your vocal chords. It will repair them and at the end of each day they will not sound like a broken drum or a string instrument out of tune. Your voice will sound like a c minor from what it is now. You will be singing kirtan in very sweet and soft voice and not like your usual one. Don’t forget to post a video of it when you have achieved your goal.

3 hours ago, CHaamCHrick said:

You can improve your voice by neighing and braying from your bedroom window every morning.  Start at  4 a.m and finish at 8 a.m every day, making sure not to disturb anyone else around you.  Believe you me it’s the best exercise for your vocal chords. It will repair them and at the end of each day they will not sound like a broken drum or a string instrument out of tune. Your voice will sound like a c minor from what it is now. You will be singing kirtan in very sweet and soft voice and not like your usual one. Don’t forget to post a video of it when you have achieved your goal.

thank you for your advice but im not sure what you mean by  neighing and braying from your bedroom window

3 hours ago, CHaamCHrick said:

Did you take some drugs just prior to writing and posting this? Or is it the lockdown? 

Neighing and braying!! What, do you think he is a donkey?

On 4/19/2020 at 7:10 PM, CHaamCHrick said:

You can improve your voice by neighing and braying from your bedroom window every morning.  

On 4/19/2020 at 10:36 PM, jasonsingh said:

thank you for your advice but im not sure what you mean by  neighing and braying from your bedroom window

On 4/20/2020 at 12:42 PM, puzzled said:

bro chamchrick is just trolling you!  neighing and braying is the noises that a horse/donkey make.   ignore him 

On 4/20/2020 at 10:43 PM, CHaamCHrick said:

Surely, there must be more than one way to serenade the Almighty? Schubert does it brilliantly! 

Neighing and braying, I think that noise is quite regular and normal at some rainsabai/rehnsbai smagams to be honest!!!!

If you don't believe me just check out some Youtube and Soundcloud tracks!  ?

52 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

Neighing and braying, I think that noise is quite regular and normal at some rainsabai/rehnsbai smagams to be honest!!!!

If you don't believe me just check out some Youtube and Soundcloud tracks!  

?  so true     and the screaching 

the ones from india tend to sound better than the ones from here in general. 

Guest Kirtan

All I wanted to do was sing kirtan to connect to guru sahib and let the sangat feel rass from it as well. So my only ardas was for maharaj to bless me with kirtan. I prayed that I stay away from hankar if maharaj gave me this daat. So I increased my nam abhiyas to 3 hours everyday and then I would just sing a shabad off my phone. I didn’t know how to play any saaj. After just 2 weeks I could feel my voice go deeper and higher and pronounce notes I’ve never heard. After a month I increased simran to 4 hours and whenever I sang kirtan I would taste a lot of sweetness in my mouth. One amritvela I just started to sing vaheguru simran from my heart asking maharaj to please bless me with kirtan so I could connect to him and forget the world. When i opened my eyes my mum and brother were sitting in front of me my brother was in shock lol and my mum had tears in her eyes and she said “that was beautiful”. Now I’m learning vajaa but tbh i wish to stay gupt and just sing kirtan to maharaj as I feel the rass so much alone. Now at amritvela I do 2 hours simran (as hukam from panj Singh) and 2 hours kirtan practice everyday.

So my advice is do simran and ask maharaj. If what you ask for will benefit you and connect you to maharaj, why wouldn’t he give it? But make sure it’s for the right reasons, do you want to learn kirtan to increase prem for maharaj or do you want to just get famous and be called for at big samagams?

Jo maange takhur apne te sohee sohee devai.