Hindu movies

puzzled

I dnt really watch hindi movies much, just watch a few gd ones.  One thing iv noticed is that since bjp has come to power and really pushed hindu culture to the front    a lot of movies have been made about hindus and hindu culture/history     most of these movies have been about hindus defeating muslims.  movies have been made about the maratha empire    a empire which the shiv sena etc always been talking about      maratha empire in india symbolizes hindu victory over Islamic, restoration of hindu rule/state    which is why the hindu parties love the maratha empire   maratha empire is like their symbol in a way

padmavati movie was released which was about a evil muslim ruler wanting to marry the already married rajput queen padmavaat. the movie ends with padmavaat and other rajput ladies committing sati/johaur to save their honor from the muslim invader after their husbands have been killed in battle

bajirao mastani was a movie about the maratha empire

panipat recently got released about the last battle of panipat  marathas vs muslims   in reality the muslims actually defeated the marathas but in the movie they have shown the marathas defeating the muslims! distorted history 

ajay devgan made a movie called tanhaji  a movie about a maratha warrior 

theres a movie about the india/pak war in 1971  where india defeated pak

a movie was made about the 21 singhs that went into battle with 1000s of pathans  think the movie was called kesari    once again    sikh/indian vs muslims 

iv read news articles about ajay devgan and amir khan both showing interest in making a movie about hari singh nalwa      sikh/indian vs muslim

and there have been other similar movies

these kind of movies never used to be made b4 and have only been made since bjp have come into power    and i wouldnt be surprised if som1 decides to make a movie on one of the sikh historical battles against the muslims

they probably gnna make a movie about the rajputs defeating the arab caliphs      

just something that i noticed .... 

its funny how rajputs are being glorified as the defenders of hindu dharam/india  when in reality they pretty much lost every battle they fought with the muslims!   apart from the early rajputs like bappa rawal that defeated the arab caliphs from passing the indus/sindh   rajputs actually lost most the battles   lol!     

but im pretty sure there gnna be a lot of rajput movies on the way with the current trends        

marathas were different   they did really weaken the mughals      

In India there currently is a resurgence in Hindu nationalism and promotion of the Hindu narrative  especially in regards to the Islamic invaders. Panipat wasnt a bad movie. Battle of Panipat was a watershed in Indian history. Until that moment Marathas were an undefeated force who dominated India militarily. Muslim military power in India was almost extinguished. Marathas were the best of Hindu warriors at the time although they didnt follow the ancient Kshatrya traditions and code of conduct like the Rajputs observed. 

Seeing the declining state of Islamic power in India, Shah Waliulla an Islamic scholar of great repute implored the Afghans to invade India and destroy the military might of the Hindus. The Indian muslims Rohillas (mostly Afghans settled in India) acted as a 5th column and helped their co religionists and ethnic kin against the Marathas. It was a close fight. Marathas could have very well have won if they played their cards right. But they were against Abdali who was the best military commander of Asia at the time. This battle was a disaster for the Marathas because Afghans took no prisoners. They slaughtered thousands of captured Marathas.

A book called solstice at Panipat is a good book written on the subject. Historian Hari Ram Gupta also wrote an excellent book on the subject which unfortunately is no longer found in print but can be read on PDL for those interested.

About these recent movies though. I wish they wouldn't show the Muslims as overly evil and scheming like how they showed Sanjay Dutt in Panipat or Ranveer in Padmavat or even the Afghans in Kesri. No doubt they commited many evil acts against Indians. But if you're gonna do a historical movie it should appear more neutral and not seem like ego pumping, enemy hating propaganda.

39 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

About these recent movies though. I wish they wouldn't show the Muslims as overly evil and scheming like how they showed Sanjay Dutt in Panipat or Ranveer in Padmavat or even the Afghans in Kesri. No doubt they commited many evil acts against Indians. But if you're gonna do a historical movie it should appear more neutral and not seem like ego pumping, enemy hating propaganda.

showing the muslims in bad light is part of the hindutva motive though isnt it   so thats why the movies are so unbalanced. these movies are basically used politically and they are having a big impact in india. 

but they are gd movies!  iv seen padmavaat  i really liked it   amazing production!   

i wouldnt mind if they make a movie about sikh warriors like hari singh nalwa    currently bollywood is really gd with historical epics   

43 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Seeing the declining state of Islamic power in India, Shah Waliulla an Islamic scholar of great repute implored the Afghans to invade India and destroy the military might of the Hindus. The Indian muslims Rohillas (mostly Afghans settled in India) acted as a 5th column and helped their co religionists and ethnic kin against the Marathas. It was a close fight. Marathas could have very well have won if they played their cards right. But they were against Abdali who was the best military commander of Asia at the time. This battle was a disaster for the Marathas because Afghans took no prisoners. They slaughtered thousands of captured Marathas.

A book called solstice at Panipat is a good book written on the subject. Historian Hari Ram Gupta also wrote an excellent book on the subject which unfortunately is no longer found in print but can be read on PDL for those interested

thanks I'll look into that 

57 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

the RSS are printing textbooks for schools claiming the third battle of Panipat was won, if that's true how you gonna explain ghulami under mughals, afghanis and Turks for over 800 years ...

see doing stuff like that is just stupid! but then again you cnt expect anything else from india.  marathas were deafed by afghans    but eventually without a doubt they took over india and made it into a hindu state again     

iv heard that captain amrinder wanted to remove sikh ithiaas from punjab txt books? 

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

the RSS are printing textbooks for schools claiming the third battle of Panipat was won, if that's true how you gonna explain ghulami under mughals, afghanis and Turks for over 800 years ...

It goes both ways. If you hear the Islamic narrative they also prob up Islamic invaders and rulers as benign. You should hear what they say about an invader like Muhammad Bin Qaasim who is hailed as a hero and who they claim just came to save a few Muslim women while the defender Raja Dahir is portrayed as an evil scheming, degenerate pervert. But historic Muslim sources like the Chachnama convey a different story and testify how the invading Muslim Arabs had taken thousands of Hindu Sindhi women back with them. 

Or look at how they view Aurangzeb. They shamelessly justify his hate  and war crimes against the Hindus and Sikhs. Many even call him a Wali of Allah or a great saint much like how the Buddhists view King Ashok. He is universally respected by Sunni Muslims. He is basically the main reason why most Punjabi and Mirpuri Rajputs and Jatts are Muslims in Pakistan today.

The Hindu and Muslim grand narratives are very different. The Sikh grand narrative can best be read at the starting of Bhangu's Panth Prakash. Bhangu very elaborately explains the condition of India before Guru Nanak Dev ji took avtar and then what followed and how Sikhs got raaj by Vaheguru

10 hours ago, puzzled said:

I dnt really watch hindi movies much, just watch a few gd ones.  One thing iv noticed is that since bjp has come to power and really pushed hindu culture to the front    a lot of movies have been made about hindus and hindu culture/history     most of these movies have been about hindus defeating muslims.  movies have been made about the maratha empire    a empire which the shiv sena etc always been talking about      maratha empire in india symbolizes hindu victory over Islamic, restoration of hindu rule/state    which is why the hindu parties love the maratha empire   maratha empire is like their symbol in a way

padmavati movie was released which was about a evil muslim ruler wanting to marry the already married rajput queen padmavaat. the movie ends with padmavaat and other rajput ladies committing sati/johaur to save their honor from the muslim invader after their husbands have been killed in battle

bajirao mastani was a movie about the maratha empire

panipat recently got released about the last battle of panipat  marathas vs muslims   in reality the muslims actually defeated the marathas but in the movie they have shown the marathas defeating the muslims! distorted history 

ajay devgan made a movie called tanhaji  a movie about a maratha warrior 

theres a movie about the india/pak war in 1971  where india defeated pak

a movie was made about the 21 singhs that went into battle with 1000s of pathans  think the movie was called kesari    once again    sikh/indian vs muslims 

iv read news articles about ajay devgan and amir khan both showing interest in making a movie about hari singh nalwa      sikh/indian vs muslim

and there have been other similar movies

these kind of movies never used to be made b4 and have only been made since bjp have come into power    and i wouldnt be surprised if som1 decides to make a movie on one of the sikh historical battles against the muslims

they probably gnna make a movie about the rajputs defeating the arab caliphs      

just something that i noticed .... 

You see some type of behaviours and undertones in Indian serials particularly in the saas-bhau drama serials. 

I recall the one serial called "Kyau Ki Saas Bi Khabi Bhau Thee",  where the protagonist Tulsi is kind of revered as a some devi and when she was challenged by some scheming female villain then she would step up to her and that Conch shell sound effect, it was like Mahabharat or something and she fighting for dharma like it was some kind of 'dharam yudh'.

Even the dialogue was Bhagavad Gita like when taking about 'truth'

Then they will also introduce and influence certain rituals I never even heard of like this 'Karva Chauth ' , where a wife will fast for her husband for a day and in the evening break her fast when the moon came out and she will hold some tambourine like object over the moon.

Then I started hearing about some of our girls/women started doing this for their husbands. And I am like 'come off it', this seems to be some made up recent ritual, we have never done this in our traditions. 

There is a lot of soft power and influence in the media.