Hindu movies

puzzled

Back the in the 90s and 2000s there used to movies about Muslim-hindu love stories   where the family object but then at the end they agree and the movie ends in a happy marriage      iv seen older movies to like from the 70s etc.  And there always was a Muslim raheem chacha type of character  usually wise and spiritual   these older wise muslim characters were even in the 90s      these kinda story lines would not be made today under bjp government  and the current hindutva culture 

Bollywood never used to make historical epics  the only 1 I remember is ashoka which was stupid because they made emperor ashoka into a lover boy       and then there was Jodha akbar  which was about a hindu rajput princess marrying emperor akbar    see in today's time this movie wouldn't of got made    its goes against the bjp vision of india.  

6 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

You see some type of behaviours and undertones in Indian serials particularly in the saas-bhau drama serials. 

I recall the one serial called "Kyau Ki Saas Bi Khabi Bhau Thee",  where the protagonist Tulsi is kind of revered as a some devi and when she was challenged by some scheming female villain then she would step up to her and that Conch shell sound effect, it was like Mahabharat or something and she fighting for dharma like it was some kind of 'dharam yudh'.

Even the dialogue was Bhagavad Gita like when taking about 'truth'

Then they will also introduce and influence certain rituals I never even heard of like this 'Karva Chauth ' , where a wife will fast for her husband for a day and in the evening break her fast when the moon came out and she will hold some tambourine like object over the moon.

Then I started hearing about some of our girls/women started doing this for their husbands. And I am like 'come off it', this seems to be some made up recent ritual, we have never done this in our traditions. 

There is a lot of soft power and influence in the media. 

Those dramas are so stupid    my mum watches one about a tranny that's married to a straight guy! 

I think the delhi and shahri sikh women love that karva chaut and sindoor stuff lol  

Most Bollywood actors are bjp supporters   so the hindutva movies. 

I think amitabh used to be congress with his friend amar Singh but then he came over to BJP.    And then amar Singh spilt all the tea on amithabhs family and said amitabh and his wife jaya have been living separately for decades  lol! 

My mum watches this other one about a sikh girl who gets pregnant b4 married with a hindu guy   the baby gets aborted   a then the nice guy comes along  the singh   and marys her and doesnt judge her.   Interesting how they chose a sikh family for this drama and storyline   

I think a lot of apnian auntiyan get their family plotting and scheming plans from these dramas   like when the jaitani and dairani argue etc   lol 

39 minutes ago, puzzled said:

My mum watches this other one about a sikh girl who gets pregnant b4 married with a hindu guy   the baby gets aborted   a then the nice guy comes along  the singh   and marys her and doesnt judge her.   Interesting how they chose a sikh family for this drama and storyline  

They don't call it "programming" for nothing. 

18 hours ago, puzzled said:

panipat recently got released about the last battle of panipat  marathas vs muslims   in reality the muslims actually defeated the marathas but in the movie they have shown the marathas defeating the muslims! distorted history 

Panipat is available on Netflix . They showed Marathas defeated.

20 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

They don't call it "programming" for nothing. 

A whole generation of punjabi girls my age grew up watching these crap movies with unrealistic representations of love and marriage.  

I still remember sunny deol in the movie gaddar ripping out a nalka water pump from the ground and swinging it around. And his muslim wife and they live happily ever after. 

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

Is it any gd? I like Sanjay dutt but I dnt like Arjan kapoor.   Are the battle scenes gd ?   I might watch it.  

It is gud if you like history. They even showed Sikh's like Ala singh agreed to help Maratha's but unable to do that. 

The film is also not very anti muslim as they did not show brutalities of Abdali.