nihangs fight with punjab police

15 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Sikhs back then were much different than Sikhs today. Dasam Bani was unquestioned. Cows were protected, Durga held a position in our metaphysics but was discarded later on by our reformers who wanted to prevent Sikhism from being swallowed up by Hinduism. Nihangs and Hazur Sahib of today hold many beliefs of puratan Singhs.

what about sikhi under m.ranjit singhs raj?    iv read that the line between sikhi and hindu dharam was very faint ?   iv seen a map of harmandir sahib complex from the times of m.ranjit singh  and there even was a gau shala  within the complex   

singh sabha was a product of its time, they had to reform otherwise we would of just been another sect   but in the process they discarded a lot   almost became a bit hindu-phobic lol    

iv read how the hindu mythological parts from the granths of bhai santokh singh were taken out and put at the back of the granth?  

7 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

dint understand this bro

She was seen as Shakti of Vahiguru. If you read Dasam Granth great warriors like Kharag Singh, Meghnath(son of Ravan) were given their unbeatable strength by Chandi. That is how these  two warriors were able to defeat Ram, Krishn and Shiva.

She is a creation of Vehiguru but above Traiguni maya. Brahma, Vishnu and Shiv are under the control of Maya that is why they suffer from Kaam and Krodh.

16 minutes ago, puzzled said:

whats your view on sikhs eating beef?   have you ever ate meat? 

nope never ate meat or  eggs but not vegan...

Don't think they should.......but many they eat beef pork steak goat.....

once an Afghan Singh once told me  they even eat halal ...??

8 minutes ago, puzzled said:

what about sikhi under m.ranjit singhs raj?    iv read that the line between sikhi and hindu dharam was very faint ?   iv seen a map of harmandir sahib complex from the times of m.ranjit singh  and there even was a gau shala  within the complex   

singh sabha was a product of its time, they had to reform otherwise we would of just been another sect   but in the process they discarded a lot   almost became a bit hindu-phobic lol    

iv read how the hindu mythological parts from the granths of bhai santokh singh were taken out and put at the back of the granth?  

Personally I'm not against Singh Sabha. It was a boon for the panth. Some reforms had to be made in order to counter Christianity and Arya Samaj. 

3 hours ago, Jonny101 said:

We also have our Mahapursh who give hints about the future. Because this knowledge is Gupt Gian they don't say things out openly. But they all say things will be very bad. One should prepare by memorising as much bani as possible .and keeping rehit.

13 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

She was seen as Shakti of Vahiguru. If you read Dasam Granth great warriors like Kharag Singh, Meghnath(son of Ravan) were given their unbeatable strength by Chandi. That is how these  two warriors were able to defeat Ram, Krishn and Shiva.

She is a creation of Vehiguru but above Traiguni maya. Brahma, Vishnu and Shiv are under the control of Maya that is why they suffer from Kaam and Krodh.

Durga is not shakti  of God. Shakti of Waheguru is not a conscious being  different from Waheguru.

Shakti of Waheguru is Naam/khanda/sword. Even words like bhagauti/bhavani/chandi hv been used for shakti of God.

Durga used some of the shakti of God to fight demons.

In one of her battles, she was loosing the battle and dusht daman ji helped her.

Durga is not above maya and she cannot grant mukti to her followers.(mukt ki variya kahaan chupani).

47 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

nope never ate meat or  eggs but not vegan...

Don't think they should.......but many they eat beef pork steak goat.....

once an Afghan Singh once told me  they even eat halal ...??

oh ok   i stopped 4 yrs ago   and started becoming vegan earlier this yr

yeah afghan sikh guy told me they eat a lot of meat and halal too,  but not allowed to talk about afghan sikhs on here   you get in trouble ?   

17 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Personally I'm not against Singh Sabha. It was a boon for the panth. Some reforms had to be made in order to counter Christianity and Arya Samaj. 

same im not against them either    we probably would have ended up becoming a hindu sect if it wasnt for them    but i think in the process we lost the way we used to see some things    like dasam bani started getting questioned around that time simply coz it has hindy mythology in it.  

11 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Durga is not shakti  of God. Shakti of Waheguru is not a conscious being  different from Waheguru.

Shakti of Waheguru is Naam/khanda/sword. Even words like bhagauti/bhavani/chandi hv been used for shakti of God.

Durga used some of the shakti of God to fight demons.

In one of her battles, she was loosing the battle and dusht daman ji helped her.

Durga is not above maya and she cannot grant mukti to her followers.(mukt ki variya kahaan chupani).

Durga herself is a manifestation of Chandi. Read Devi ju ki Ustat (chandi charitar)or Dheerag Tribhangi Chand(in Akal Ustat). The Naam Khanda Sword interpretation is a Singh Sabha interpretation not the traditional Nihang interpretation.  And of course she is not a granter of liberation. Only Vahiguru can do that. No one is disputing that. And where did Durga lose from demons? I haven't read this is Dasam Granth. Where did you hear about this?

6 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Durga herself is a manifestation of Chandi. Read Devi ju ki Ustat (chandi charitar)or Dheerag Tribhangi Chand(in Akal Ustat). The Naam Khanda Sword interpretation is a Singh Sabha interpretation not the traditional Nihang interpretation.  And of course she is not a granter of liberation. Only Vahiguru can do that. No one is disputing that. And where did Durga lose from demons? I haven't read this is Dasam Granth. Where did you hear about this?

I heard it in a Katha on dusht daman ji.