Baba Deep Singh Vs Baba Banda Singh Bahadur

singh1986

I wanted to understand the relationship and history of these 2 Sikh Contemporaries. I have heard of various stories that they didnt get along issues such as the creation of Bandai Khalsa and that a leaf was dropped in the sarovar of Harmander Sahib that would decide who the real Guru of the Sikhs was... is that true?

Heard about Baba Deep Singh Ji abandoning Baba Banda Singh Bahadur as the Mughals were closing in...

But then again I heard they never joined forces as Baba Deep Singh Ji didnt agree with the way Baba Banda Singh Bahadur conquered Mughal areas.

Not sure what is true.

Is there any fact based historical accounts of what happened? 

i dnt know to much about this but i think banda singh bahadur briefly started creating his own hukkams?  he got his followers to starts wearing red   the panth was split in 2 parts   the ones that followed banda singh bahadur and the ones that refused to       i think banda singh bahadur also told his followers not to eat onions or garlic? 

i'd imagine baba deep singh ji didnt agree with this stuff