COVID-19 Winners and losers

Premi5

30 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

guju neighbours asked me where I bought my fruit trees which are my mini orchard , he reckons I'm onto something because of this kerfuffle . We as qaum have to become self-sufficient , even down to our own chemists, doctors, scientists, mathematicians, manufacturers ,economist, environmentalists, bankers, development and strategy personnel . We have to learn to staff our future raj; push education and mental strength, physical strength.
Stop supporting the big places , support apne businesses, make entrepeurship a goal not employment by others corporations . Learn to feed your families by growing our foods, make own clothes , live minimal sustainable lives .

do sikhs outside india display bonhomie with indian hindus , or go their own way (khalistani ??) 

I am sure the hindus would easily notice lol . But outside indian political constraints, many sikhs I reckon would feel free to assert as a totally independent entity I guess

btw gujjus are very business-minded . beware !

9 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

do sikhs outside india display bonhomie with indian hindus , or go their own way (khalistani ??) 

I am sure the hindus would easily notice lol . But outside indian political constraints, many sikhs I reckon would feel free to assert as a totally independent entity I guess

Sikhs outside India for the most part don't really have much to do with Indian Hindus. 

The most interaction would be with Hindu Punjabis. 

1 minute ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

most hindus do not mix happyily with sikhs, it is only punjabi hindus with sikh relations who are OK with us, sikhs OK with everyone until they start harming us or speaking against us . For some reason Hindus have a blind spot when it comes to their chor uchaki BJP govt , you cannot say anything contrary about them even it is the truth of how bad the situation is getting there. Yeah I know about Gujjus , my ones have always been playing one manupship  with us who just do stuff to make life comfy for our clan and aren't playing their games . i.e. not even aware of them

3 hours ago, puzzled said:

i think this   

colossal "business" like amazon is whats gnna happen in the future   and smaller businesses   even things like next, h&m etc are gnna close      

everything is just slowly being vacuumed by that small group of elites  

I think what has been shown is how being online has kept everything going. Imagine what would happen if this was 20 years ago.

However,  human beings being social animals have the need to have people to people interaction and I don't think online shopping can replace that.

3 minutes ago, puzzled said:

david ikes in his recent interview spoke about how the aim is for small businesses to close, and head towards cashless society and that we will see more of this after the virus    the interview was taken down by youtube the nxt day. 

I can see the cashless society. It definitely seems to be going in that direction.

30 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

However,  human beings being social animals have the need to have people to people interaction and I don't think online shopping can replace that.

but if you look at whats happening to the high street in this country then in nxt few years online shopping will completely take over.  high streets are dead/dying  and one of the reasons is online shopping    most retailers are making more money online than they are through their branches.  next have closed most of their smaller shops and have now kept just the bigger stores most of these bigger stores are in retail parks, in fact most retailers are shutting their smaller branches.  argos have closed their bigger stores and have opened smaller stores in sainsburys etc

i think the future might be retail parks   other than that everything is gnna be online.  and places like oxford street with the massive stores will remain    by highstreets in your average town will proabably go. 

online shopping is now offering lots of things too    women buying lots of clothes from online and then getting together with their friends and trying the dresses on as well as drinks/socializing etc is becoming more common      retailers know about this and are using it in their advertisements and offering deals.    

2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

but if you look at whats happening to the high street in this country then in nxt few years online shopping will completely take over.  high streets are dead/dying  and one of the reasons is online shopping    most retailers are making more money online that than they are through their branches.  next have closed most of their smaller shops and have now kept just the bigger stores most of these bigger stores are in retail parks, in fact most retailers are shutting their smaller branches.  argos have closed their bigger stores and have opened smaller stores in sainsburys etc

i think the future might be retail parks   other than that everything is gnna be online.  and places like oxford street with the massive stores will remain    by highstreets in your average town will proabably go. 

online shopping is now offering lots of things too    women buying lots of clothes from online and then getting together with their friends and trying the dresses on as well as drinks/socializing etc is becoming more common      retailers know about this and are using it in their advertisements and offering deals.    

Yes that is true. 

But there will always be a niche of smaller stores. I think there is certain areas that online businesses may not be able to replace.

But there are other reasons why High Streets are dying as well.

This is to do with the extortionate rates charged by councils, expensive parking charges etc.