feeding 5 singhs

puzzled

In punjab b4 any event or starting anything new they prepare langar for 5 singhs, they do ardas first and then give langar to 5 singhs and then every1 else joins in langar. both side of my families do it on vaisakhi when they gnna harvest the crops   also do it when they plant the crops,  on weddings, new years,  b4 any construction etc     people call the granthi from the gurdwara do ardas. prepare langar at home and then get 5 singhs from the pind young or old give them the langar and then every1 joins in and eats langar too      iv never seen this in the UK.

a few years back when i went my pua from canada was there as well and she organised this at our jaghaa   which is obviously not sikhi lol    but we got the granthi to do ardas and then 5 singhs from the pind were given the prepared langar  1 didnt turn up so a singh who was working in the fields was called over to have langar   and then after serving them we all sat down and had langar  and any1 else around working in the fields were given langar too.

we also did this after our koti was complete 2 yrs ago   got ardas done and langar prepared was given to 5 singhs that were invited    

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 12:54 PM, puzzled said:

In punjab b4 any event or starting anything new they prepare langar for 5 singhs, they do ardas first and then give langar to 5 singhs and then every1 else joins in langar. both side of my families do it on vaisakhi when they gnna harvest the crops   also do it when they plant the crops,  on weddings, new years,  b4 any construction etc     people call the granthi from the gurdwara do ardas. prepare langar at home and then get 5 singhs from the pind young or old give them the langar and then every1 joins in and eats langar too      iv never seen this in the UK.

a few years back when i went my pua from canada was there as well and she organised this at our jaghaa   which is obviously not sikhi lol    but we got the granthi to do ardas and then 5 singhs from the pind were given the prepared langar  1 didnt turn up so a singh who was working in the fields was called over to have langar   and then after serving them we all sat down and had langar  and any1 else around working in the fields were given langar too.

we also did this after our koti was complete 2 yrs ago   got ardas done and langar prepared was given to 5 singhs that were invited    

• Yes, I've heard you get Khushi of Dasam Patshaahi and Dasam Patshaahi is hazar if there are 5 Singhs. Supposed to be very good for kismat to feed 5 Singhs