During quarantine, my goal is read all of Panth Parkash

18 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:
On 5/14/2020 at 2:19 PM, Singh1989 said:

GOOD LUCK! My aim is to read whole of Dasam Granth. Started from 1st ang gotta make it count init? 

Hows it going

Over 400 angs so much kirpa so far. 

On 4/17/2020 at 10:01 AM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

I will be reading panth parkash by Rattan singh Bhangu and summarizing what I have read here. To keep myself accountable. All comments, suggestions, analysis welcome.

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Giani_Pritpal_Singh_(Patiala_wale)/Pracheen_Panth_Parkash_Katha/Giani.Pritpal.Singh.(Patiala.Wale).-.Pracheen.Panth.Parkash.Katha.001.-.2016-06-18.mp3

For further listening: http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio

Go to Audio, then Katha, then "present day katha", and to "Giani Pritpal Singh Patiala" folder.

It is all there and it is amazing to listen to katha of this amazing granth, rather than just reading the english translations of the granth. It certainly is a great source of knowledge for the Sikh Panth.

• 8 months later...
On 1/31/2021 at 1:51 PM, Lostt said:

After listening to katha, i asked myself if anything was exacerbated by RSB, and the answer came that when my grandad, my dad or other family members talked about post 1984, they never changed any facts or parts of stories., the reason is because they have lived through them. Even I have asked my naani about partition and she always told the same without changing any aspects. My conclusion is that when you live through something, you don’t change. Also, as there was no social media, stories stayed intact. 

You should really record these events as told by your family. Either as voice recordings or even better in written form. As we rely on bhangus account so will futute generations.

And if you dont tell the real true story and the glory and the fairy tale accounts of 84 will be remembered. About how 200 singhs fought a whole army and the kharkhoos were these supermen. 

We need the truth with the nitty, gritty details to survive. The plight of the commen ppl must be known. 

9 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

You should really record these events as told by your family. Either as voice recordings or even better in written form. As we rely on bhangus account so will futute generations.

And if you dont tell the real true story and the glory and the fairy tale accounts of 84 will be remembered. About how 200 singhs fought a whole army and the kharkhoos were these supermen. 

We need the truth with the nitty, gritty details to survive. The plight of the commen ppl must be known. 

I was thinking about this the other day. We should be recording everything that happened for future generations just like Akali Baba Rattan Singh Ji Bhangu because all that happened is panthic history. Perhaps a volume 3 might need to be put in the works. 

Just now, dharamyudh said:

I was thinking about this the other day. We should be recording everything that happened for future generations just like Akali Baba Rattan Singh Ji Bhangu because all that happened is panthic history. Perhaps a volume 3 might need to be put in the works. 

Yeah but 1984 is very murky. So is ranjeet singhs downfall era. We need ppl who lived thru it. Their accounts

On 1/31/2021 at 9:51 PM, Lostt said:

Can i just ask others views. After listening to katha i have realised that sikhi is about fighting for your rights and there is no such thing as chamtkar.

If you have listened to the katha of Panth Parkash, I don't know how you can say that there is no such thing as chamatkaar.