What will Western Sikhs do when the whip-hand becomes Islamic in the next few decades?

1 hour ago, justasking said:

highly unlikely this will happen ethnic minorities make up only small percentage of western countries and of those muslims make smaller i dont think christian white, black, asians, sikhs, would allow muslims to take over anytime soon

It would not be 'soon', but could happen if numbers increase gradually over time

4 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

It would not be 'soon', but could happen if numbers increase gradually over time

yea but at the same time the other groups numbers would also increase no?  african christian immigration is high, latino immigration, sikh numbers are also increasing. another thing is muslims aren't as unified as it seems theres shia, ismaili, sunni, salafi and even in these they have division sunni schools of thought, barelvis, madkhali among salafi.

4 minutes ago, justasking said:

yea but at the same time the other groups numbers would also increase no?  african christian immigration is high, latino immigration, sikh numbers are also increasing. another thing is muslims aren't as unified as it seems theres shia, ismaili, sunni, salafi and even in these they have division sunni schools of thought, barelvis, madkhali among salafi.

I agree there's a lot of groups who would not want it to happen and would put a big resistance. 

There aren't many 'Latinos' here in UK though. 

Why are you worried about what western Sikhs will do when the "whip-hand becomes Islamic in the next few decades"?

In a few decades Sikhs will be almost extinct, and the cause will have nothing to do with Islam or the presence of Muslims anywhere.

You people waste so much energy obsessing over things that really do not matter in the big picture.

Instead of worrying about Muslims, you should worry about the internal genocide that is going on WITHIN the Sikh community. THAT is the biggest issue that Sikhs face. It is an existential threat.

5 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

Why are you worried about what western Sikhs will do when the "whip-hand becomes Islamic in the next few decades"?

In a few decades Sikhs will be almost extinct, and the cause will have nothing to do with Islam or the presence of Muslims anywhere.

You people waste so much energy obsessing over things that really do not matter in the big picture.

Instead of worrying about Muslims, you should worry about the internal genocide that is going on WITHIN the Sikh community. THAT is the biggest issue that Sikhs face. It is an existential threat.

We might be at the beginning of a  bottleneck period where social structures that kept people in the faith will collapse to the point of no return, who knows. Just have to keep trekking along and see. People can instinctively see where the benefit and the easy path lies, and if nothing is stopping them, they will follow it. It may mean their lineage melts into a broader culture, but people could care less these days. It's just the point of where humanity is. As long as we have some beej-matra khalsa, we should be okay going into the future. Eventually some people will regret their decisions and  see value in the Guru's Way and return home. Others will have drifted too far out. Just have to keep faith in the Guru, brother, there's not much me or you can do. And you know, if the Guru chooses, he could send in the heavy guns to turn the tides.

On 4/17/2020 at 7:06 PM, puzzled said:

why have britian invited so many muslims? what is the motive/purpose?

religions start to decline after they have served their political purpose  look what happened to Christianity in the west    a lot of ex muslims reckon islam will start going down hill around 50 yrs from now 

Yes! Kaljug affects EVERYTHING around it. End of 2012 meant increase in Kaljug and not end o world; civil partnership conducted in Church, people in general doing "meri meri" (toilet roll crisis during lockdown and fuel crisis) and the increase of impatience. 

The downhill of religion and akal has indeed started. 

12 minutes ago, Singh1989 said:

Yes! Kaljug affects EVERYTHING around it. End of 2012 meant increase in Kaljug and not end o world; civil partnership conducted in Church, people in general doing "meri meri" (toilet roll crisis during lockdown and fuel crisis) and the increase of impatience. 

The downhill of religion and akal has indeed started. 

Can you please give me a Gurmat source for this..?

people in general doing "meri meri" toilet roll crisis during lockdown and fuel crisis - I disagree, I don't think that's a good example of 'meri meri'. It's a normal reaction to try to get resources which are limited. Maybe you mean selfishness in general with the 'meri meri' ? Things like dishonesty to further one's goals etc

On 4/17/2020 at 1:20 PM, MisterrSingh said:

If birth rates continue as the they are, and the default immigrant experience is shaped according to the representatives of the largest minority, do you people ever envisage a moment where you'll say, "Enough is enough. This situation is not looking good for us." Or will you meekly shrug your shoulders and hope the powers-that-be won't exploit you too much. Are you thinking what type of world your children, and their children, will be born into, or are you easily shamed into silence and compliance by the corrupt press and the media when they start throwing around words such as "conspiracies" and "Islamophobia"?

Ironically, even the Muslim is a pawn in all of this. A weapon. But before Islam and its adherents will be discarded once they've served their purpose, they will have cast a dark shadow on this entire world. 

Any plans, or just hope for the best? 

I'm counting on the cowardice of the current generation just being an aberration. 

4 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I'm counting on the cowardice of the current generation just being an aberration. 

To be fair, bro, I think those in our community who'll want to ascend the ladder of social class will fall in behind the establishment's pro-Islamic propaganda, because to not do so would mean a dead-end for aspirations of dining out at the top table. The working class in our community, however, will more than likely keep it real, and defend their ground when necessary.

When you mix religious belief into it all, I think it'll play out on similar grounds. The "We're all God's children / We have the same light inside us all" crew will want to appease Muslims in the hope of positive reciprocation (which won't happen), whereas the more physically-inclined Sikhs will keep a wary distance and won't have any qualms about going up against Muslim threats despite what the television is broadcasting, lol.

It'll be a mixed bag based on personal and professional motivations not unsimilar to our previous history. It's times like those where it'll definitely hit home how not having temporal control and power leaves a group such as ours at the mercy of those who aren't necessarily "better" than us, but nevertheless have managed to secure various forms of power in a social and political system. Ultimately, that's all that matters to the living.

The majority of the panth will carry on as normal.

They are very aware but they are either apathetic and don't wish to get involved. Or they vote with their feet and don't speak with their mouths. 

The pro-Islamic social climber types are a very tiny minority, however because they seem to have the loudest voice it gives us the impression that is what the panth is following.