What will Western Sikhs do when the whip-hand becomes Islamic in the next few decades?

19 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The majority of the panth will carry on as normal.

They are very aware but they are either apathetic and don't wish to get involved. Or they vote with their feet and don't speak with their mouths. 

The pro-Islamic social climber types are a very tiny minority, however because they seem to have the loudest voice it gives us the impression that is what the panth is following. 

I think we can underestimate how severe the situation could get. Might get forced into realising the reality if they are confronted with it and situation turns nasty, like in the West Midlands Police episode 

27 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

I think we can underestimate how severe the situation could get. Might get forced into realising the reality if they are confronted with it and situation turns nasty, like in the West Midlands Police episode 

We underestimate in certain things and we overestimate in others. 

We overestimate the idiocy of our people in certain  things and we underestimate their wisdom in others. 

18 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

We underestimate in certain things and we overestimate in others. 

We overestimate the idiocy of our people in certain  things and we underestimate their wisdom in others. 

So true. I still end up getting surprised by individuals whom I expected to be a certain way. But broadly there are settled patterns with the occasional aberration to keep things spicy and interesting lol. Plus, it's always good to have one's notions challenged. Keeps the grey matter ticking.

Perhaps more of you guys should consider Canada or US. These places won't have an Islamic whip-hand, that's for sure. UK and  western Europe are heading towards a disastrous muslim population surge in the next generation, both with migrants and high birth rates.  

I've seen a steady trickle of UK-raised apnay move out here in BC ever since I can remember. 

13 hours ago, Jai Tegang! said:

Perhaps more of you guys should consider Canada or US. These places won't have an Islamic whip-hand, that's for sure. UK and  western Europe are heading towards a disastrous muslim population surge in the next generation, both with migrants and high birth rates.  

I've seen a steady trickle of UK-raised apnay move out here in BC ever since I can remember. 

Come join us for apocolypto on turtle island. Lots of elbow room some places. 

On 11/12/2021 at 5:11 AM, MisterrSingh said:

When you mix religious belief into it all, I think it'll play out on similar grounds. The "We're all God's children / We have the same light inside us all" crew will want to appease Muslims in the hope of positive reciprocation (which won't happen), whereas the more physically-inclined Sikhs will keep a wary distance and won't have any qualms about going up against Muslim threats despite what the television is broadcasting, lol.

Everyone wants to act like Bhai Kanihya in front of non-Sikhs, but will slap around Sikhs for cheap. Weird our apne want to fight internally so much, yet we act like we have some moral ground in front of outsiders. 

21 hours ago, Jai Tegang! said:

Half the people that come to Canada from the UK always go back.

Then you hear the talk from many other UK Sikhs who say they want to move to Canada because of the muslim situation and they never do anything about it.

The reason being is that for them the UK is still better for them than Canada.

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Everyone wants to act like Bhai Kanihya in front of non-Sikhs, but will slap around Sikhs for cheap. Weird our apne want to fight internally so much, yet we act like we have some moral ground in front of outsiders. 

Brilliant. That's the exact hypocrisy about apne that makes me laugh.

To a certain degree, all minority groups suffer from the same issue. You've got Musleh blowing up other Musleh for belonging to other apparently heretical sects, yet when a non-Muslim starts to get physical with them they start crying tears of oppression even though what the non-Muslim is doing is no different to what they do to each other.

21 hours ago, Jai Tegang! said:

I would if it was possible to avoid the wider Western culture of North America (which, in the cities where apne tend to congregate, is obnoxiously degenerate to the point of being unbearable) as well as the specific culture and norms of the Punjabi Sikh population whether they're of the desi or the westernised varieties.

I think there's a certain aspect of the native British mentality that gels well with a particular type of Punjabi Sikh personality that you just don't see in Punjabi Sikhs in other Western countries. I think the laid-back, slightly cynical way that Brits view the world is a good match for the chilled out Punjabi who has a no-bull mindset. We also have a certain sardonic sense of humour that seems to be virtually non-existent in our North American counterparts. Their ostentatious, fake, in-your-face demeanour would send me up the wall as would the completely backwards, desi Punjabi vibe.

Employment is not a problem for most UK Sikhs moving out to NA. One can get a job anywhere if you've got the skills and the determination. For me, it's more about the less tangible things that bear upon my soul on a daily basis. So, on balance, it seems sticking it out in GB seems like the best thing to do despite its relatively worsening state.

15 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Employment is not a problem for most UK Sikhs moving out to NA. One can get a job anywhere if you've got the skills and the determination. For me, it's more about the less tangible things that bear upon my soul on a daily basis

For a UK Sikh to move NA is not going to be a move for extra material resources. 

You could buy a bigger house than you could ever have in the UK but the question is going to be "Then What?" It is more of an existential dilemma.