Skipping Sikh raising money for HS

Ranjeet01

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/familyhealth/meet-the-73-year-old-skipping-sikh-making-daily-exercise-videos-to-raise-money-for-the-nhs/ar-BB12M9SC?li=AAJt1k3&ocid=mailsignout

Hope I have scooped this before BJ Singh. I have also purchased a jump rope :)

A 73-year-old raising money for the NHS by posting inspiring daily workouts online is gaining a following on social media as the 'Skipping Sikh'.

Rajinder Singh, from Slough in Berkshire, says many Sikhs are suffering in isolation following the closure of the Gurdwaras due to the virus outbreak.

To help alleviate loneliness and keep the Sikh community connected, Mr Singh is making exercise videos for those missing their daily exercise, food and prayer.

At the same time, Mr Singh, originally from Punjab, India, is raising money for the NHS.

Skipping at a standard most boxers would envy and sprinting laps of his allotment, his uplifting videos have been shared widely online.

Mr Singh said his father, who was in the army, taught him how to skip.

a man standing in a yard: Mr Singh's daughter has been helping him upload his videos to YouTube (Rajinder Singh)© Provided by Evening Standard Mr Singh's daughter has been helping him upload his videos to YouTube (Rajinder Singh)

He told the Evening Standard: "I want people to join my lockdown challenge and get their daily exercise in and donate towards this great cause.

"Health is wealth and if we stay home and stay healthy, we are actually helping the NHS not just to save lives because of Covid-19 but also from helping ourselves from getting potentially any other illness especially in the Asian community where we suffer from diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol.

"I want to do my bit to help and as a 73-year-old man, I feel so humbled and blessed from the support people are giving me not just in my community from all over the world."

a man wearing a hat: The 73-year-old hopes his fitness videos will life people's spirits (Rajinder Singh)© Provided by Evening Standard The 73-year-old hopes his fitness videos will life people's spirits (Rajinder Singh)

Mr Singh is used to getting exercise while working at his allotment, but he's branching out with skipping sessions and weights in the form of watering cans and tyres.

He says staying at home is a bit of a "culture shock" for the Sikh community, and hopes his videos will lift people's spirits.

Morning here’s my exercise today a race with my daughter @minkaur5 and she tried her best to win this time bless her ?@StayInWorkOut @SportingEquals @Sport_England #StayHome #stayhealthy #COVID19 #Sikh #skippingsikh

Embedded video

He added: "My exercise videos have inspired and motivated everyone, not just elders.

"I want us to do everything we can to support the NHS and lets stay safe, stay home and stay healthy."

https://cdn.jwplayer.com/players/rxdAhYrr-hKY5LbS1.html
A Message From Prince Charles To Sikhs In The UK On Vaisakhi

Mr Singh's daughter Minreet Kaur is helping him upload his daily videos to YouTube, asking everyone to join with his fitness challenges.

She said: "My dad started this fundraiser as the NHS are doing such a brilliant job at saving lives, they are our heroes and they work so hard.

"Whilst people would walk away from this pandemic, they are at the frontline doing an absolutely fantastic job."

a man wearing a hat: Mr Singh is fundraising for NHS workers on the frontline of the pandemic (Rajinder Singh)© Provided by Evening Standard Mr Singh is fundraising for NHS workers on the frontline of the pandemic (Rajinder Singh)

Mr Singh said the reaction to his videos has been "heartwarming" and said people have been getting in touch from around the world.

"It has inspired people to start skipping, some are ordering skipping ropes, others are looking for their skipping ropes and some are just joining in to do exercise," he said.

"My story has made people smile and this is so nice to hear."

12 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Shouldn't he be giving that money to sikhs only? Or you only care when it's brown people getting the charity? 

There is a very long list of people who do more for us, and or could use the help more. 

Your passive aggressive tendencies coming out again troll.

He is not Khalsa Aid and doing it as a Sikh charity, he is doing it as an individual. 

There are many Sikh people working in the NHS as well as Sikh patients so Sikhs will benefit as well.

19 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Your passive aggressive tendencies coming out again troll.

He is not Khalsa Aid and doing it as a Sikh charity, he is doing it as an individual. 

There are many Sikh people working in the NHS as well as Sikh patients so Sikhs will benefit as well.

Your bias against KA is coming out again, the individual who runs KA and the individuals giving their individual monies to KA help Sikhs too ya know?

Don't poor Sikhs need food more?  Than people being propped up and fed by the healthcare system and government already?

Isn't the garbage man a bigger hero?  The store clerk? 

I'm pretty sure the nhs need help about the least bro and they aren't doing anything more than their job. 

8 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Your bias against KA is coming out again, the individual who runs KA and the individuals giving their individual monies to KA help Sikhs too ya know?

Don't poor Sikhs need food more?  Than people being propped up and fed by the healthcare system and government already?

Isn't the garbage man a bigger hero?  The store clerk? 

I'm pretty sure the nhs need help about the least bro and they aren't doing anything more than their job. 

Keep on trolling 

It has been explained by many other posters here.

I have actually met Ravi Singh several times as well some of the volunteers. 

I even know some of them.

I have actually donated monies to KA and actual stuff like for example wet wipes, soap, nappies etc directly in the Recreation Centre next to the Ramgharia Gurdwara in Slough when they did the Nepal Earthquake Appeal.

But after a while, you start to question where the charity monies and donations go to.

When you work on stalls in melas where you see other charities like SOPW that actually do things directly for Sikhs, it makes you question things even more.

It's like that old saying "Charity begins at home"

If you have not understand anything after all this time then there is not much we can do for you.

2 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Keep on trolling 

It has been explained by many other posters here.

I have actually met Ravi Singh several times as well some of the volunteers. 

I even know some of them.

I have actually donated monies to KA and actual stuff like for example wet wipes, soap, nappies etc directly in the Recreation Centre next to the Ramgharia Gurdwara in Slough when they did the Nepal Earthquake Appeal.

But after a while, you start to question where the charity monies and donations go to.

When you work on stalls in melas where you see other charities like SOPW that actually do things directly for Sikhs, it makes you question things even more.

It's like that old saying "Charity begins at home"

If you have not understand anything after all this time then there is not much we can do for you.

It's okay bro. You're just a hypocrite. Nothing news breaking. So hit me with that for Sikh by Sikh stuff you're into. What charities? What next bro?

2 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

It's okay bro. You're just a hypocrite. Nothing news breaking. So hit me with that for Sikh by Sikh stuff you're into. What charities? What next bro?

Please explain how I am a hypocrite?

Have you ever donated for homeless in Punjab? Have you ever donated Sikh widows in 1984,  I have. Have you donated to Pingalwara, I have. I have even helped with opening of Sikh schools, I have.

At least you know it helps the people directly and you can see the benefits. It benefits my kaum.

The more you write the more you seem to be a plant for some organisation. 

So please tell me who are you working for and what kind of data are you trying to gather?

4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Please explain how I am a hypocrite?

Have you ever donated for homeless in Punjab? Have you ever donated Sikh widows in 1984,  I have. Have you donated to Pingalwara, I have. I have even helped with opening of Sikh schools, I have.

At least you know it helps the people directly and you can see the benefits. It benefits my kaum.

The more you write the more you seem to be a plant for some organisation. 

So please tell me who are you working for and what kind of data are you trying to gather?

Lol. Triggered and projecting bro.