health benefits of wearing kamarkassa

taken from gurmatbibek.com

The kamarkasa has always been essential in the dress attire of Gursikhs as it is sign of being battle ready. Giani Gian Singh describes Singhs in his Panth Prakash of usually just wearing a Dumalla, Kachera and a kamarkasa, with sometimes blankets to cover them from the cold.

In the sakhi of Sukha Singh in Panth Prakash, Rattan Singh Bhangoo describes Bh Sukha Singh as such:

ਕਮਰ ਕੱਸਾ ਨਿਸ ਦਿਨ ਰਖੇ, ਲੜਣ ਘੁਲਨ ਕੋ ਤਯਾਰ ॥
His battlefield Kamarkasa [Weapons belt] was tied tightly day and night, Sukha Singh was always ready to battle and wrestle.

Those with the knowledge of Shastar-vidiya know how important the kamarkasa plays in drawing their weapon quickly. Whereas a gathra requires the effort from both hands to draw their weapon, the kamarkasa allows for the drawing of a weapon with one hand. When entering Guru Sahibs Darbar we should tie a Kamarkasa along with Hazooria.

Kavi Santokh Singh jee has said in Suraj Prakash that Kamarkasa is very essential as is part of Khalsa Bana. Kavi jee writes a great line in his work stating that Gursikhs of Sri Guru Gobind Singh jees time always wore Kamarkasa.

ਕਮਰ ਕਸਾ ਕਰਿ ਦੇਹੁ ਦਿਖਾਈ । ਹਮਰੀ ਖੁਸ਼ੀ ਹੋਇ ਅਧਿਕਾਈ ।
When showing yourself to me have your Kamar Kasa tied, in such a way I shall be extremely happy

And those that would not tie one Guru Sahib wouldn't take notice of them.

ਕਮਰ ਕਸੇ ਬਿਨ ਜੋ ਸਿਖ ਜਾਇ । ਤਿਸ ਪਰ ਰੁਖ ਨਹਿ ਕਰੈਂ ਕਦਾਇ ।।੧੦।।
Those Sikhs who went towards the Guru without wearing a Kamarkasa ,Guru Sahib would never look towards them.

This shows the very importance of Kamarkasa, it is really only the Nihang Dals that have kept this Rehat alive, all others have become weak in this Tatt-Rehat. We should strive to follow all Gur-Hukams, Guru Sahib jee Mehar Karan.

ਸਿੰਘ ਰੂਪ ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰਨ ਜੁਤਿ ਹੇਰੈਂ । ਹੋਤਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਕੀ ਖੁਸ਼ੀ ਬਡੇਰੈ ।
The appearance of a Singh/Singhni is complete with weapons (Hazooria & Kamarkasa aswell), when Guru Sahib jee see's this He becomes extremely happy.

2 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Nihangs wear kamarkassa all the time even while sleeping and they say that kamarkassa cures the diseases and problems of lakk(waist) and pait(stomach).

My maami had severe waist pain and she started wearing a kamarkassa tightly all the time and within a week, she got cured of the pain.

after having kids the stomach muscles can fail to regain strength and natural position , in old cultures they used to tie the waist muscles to help recovery , especially in cases of total seperation of stomach muscles Diastasis Recti.

Many of the traditions we have strenthen and support proper function of body like cold bathing , daily keshi bath, tying dastar, amritvela...

When you support the lakh it increases self-confidence level and actual stamina during strenuous work

1 minute ago, shastarSingh said:

u forgot to mention the benefits of mahaan rehit of sarbloh.

can u tell benefits of tying dastaar?

the benefits of dastar are cranial adjustment daily so fluid flows evenly and unhindered around meninges , insulation from solar UV , cold tempertures  meaning less blood drawn away from extemities to maintain core temp in head , less loss of temprature from body through head mean efficient use of body resources. r
Sarabloh actually increases the natural EMF field of the human so you can be more in tune to energy fluctuations around you, detecting creatures humans entering vicinity , better and deeper sadhana , able to feel nature around you, weather coming , better able to use EMF patterns of earth to navigate in wilderness/city. Its grosse effects i.e physical changes strengthens the body and prevents hair loss unlike heme iron it is not likely to poison the body so readily.

4 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

dint understand ur english?

r u saying sarbloh can hv bad effects too?

heme iron which comes from meat can quickly poison sareer causing heart attacks and liver tocicity , but, sarabloh is not the same effect as it is only absorbed slower in combination with finer particles minerals and vitamins from fruits and veg

On 4/18/2020 at 5:07 PM, singhnihk said:

After the birth of my third child, I started wearing full bana with kamarkassa, nihang style. I felt very comfortable wearing it even at work. No one asked any questions or stared while I at work or out shopping! One day, at our local gurdwara I was approached by a middle aged woman from the Sangat. She looked curious but also very annoyed and asked me why was I wearing a man’s bana? Up until then, I didn’t know that I was wearing a gender based bana, as I always thought men and women were equal in sikhism and therefore wore same kind of clothing such as dastar, blue  bana with a kamarkassa and  white leggings. I honestly thought there was no difference.  I still wonder if this woman’s question was a legitimate one or was she just being awkward  or even plain racist. I guess I will never know the answer. Is blue bana and dastar, which is considered a standard Sikh uniform for most baptised Sikhs different for men and women or is it the same? In spite of all that’s happened I have never stopped wearing it, for I am a baptised Sikh!

Now you know how it feels when someone is racist towards you ?